03-27-2011, 12:48 PM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); I've been pretty sure of this for a while, and I cba going into details.

Point is, everytime I start-up my computer 2 CMDs pop-up and then vanish very quickly and I just about managed to get a pic of 1 of them this time, here:

You must login or register to view this content.

Don't mistake hosts.exe for hosts.txt within the \drivers\etc\ folder, this is a different file. It's also hidden, even after enabling to show hidden files.

Point is, what do I do?? As always there's +rep in this for helpers :n00b:
03-27-2011, 12:51 PM #2
ciunas
Insert User Title Here
Try different avs and see if they pick it up?
Restore your PC to earlier date?
03-27-2011, 12:55 PM #3
Originally posted by sh View Post
Try different avs and see if they pick it up?
Restore your PC to earlier date?

Tried a few different AVs and no luck, and unfortunately I have no restore points from before this problem cropped up.
03-27-2011, 12:57 PM #4
ciunas
Insert User Title Here
Try to think of what you downloaded that day and report it to maybe people on hackforums or something?
03-27-2011, 12:57 PM #5
Get the disc that came with the computer, put it in, reset it to factory settings, boom, done.
03-27-2011, 12:57 PM #6
Curt
Former Staff
Originally posted by Clutch

Yo, I get CMD's when my PC starts also, thats normal I think, If your worried that you've got a virus then just download this - [url]www.malwarebytes.org[/url] and press free version and scan your whole PC it's very strong and detects nearly anything.
Last edited by Curt ; 03-27-2011 at 12:59 PM.
03-27-2011, 12:57 PM #7
oToxicity
I’m too L33T
I've been pretty sure of this for a while, and I cba going into details.

Point is, everytime I start-up my computer 2 CMDs pop-up and then vanish very quickly and I just about managed to get a pic of 1 of them this time, here:

Don't mistake hosts.exe for hosts.txt within the \drivers\etc\ folder, this is a different file. It's also hidden, even after enabling to show hidden files.

Could you access hosts.exe and edit it and put pause at the end of it so that it wont dissapear straight away, so we can get a better read of what it says
03-27-2011, 12:59 PM #8
xXPolojackXx
Moving to the Xbox Scene.

Use a disk defragmenter. Type in the search menu under start. Defrag then click one of them. this will remove any "infected" files. AND IF YOU WANT HOSTS file do %hosts% in the search bar
03-27-2011, 01:02 PM #9
Default Avatar
Gizmo

Download this You must login or register to view this content.
Run it, and then post the log as a reply Winky Winky
03-27-2011, 01:07 PM #10
Originally posted by M33Nii View Post
Could you access hosts.exe and edit it and put pause at the end of it so that it wont dissapear straight away, so we can get a better read of what it says

Can't access hosts.exe, it's completely invisible.

Originally posted by xXPolojackXx View Post
Use a disk defragmenter. Type in the search menu under start. Defrag then click one of them. this will remove any "infected" files. AND IF YOU WANT HOSTS file do %hosts% in the search bar

%% trick didn't work, will try defragmentor after the thing below.

Originally posted by 95 View Post
Download this You must login or register to view this content.
Run it, and then post the log as a reply Winky Winky

Will do.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo