03-27-2011, 12:48 PM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); I've been pretty sure of this for a while, and I cba going into details.

Point is, everytime I start-up my computer 2 CMDs pop-up and then vanish very quickly and I just about managed to get a pic of 1 of them this time, here:

You must login or register to view this content.

Don't mistake hosts.exe for hosts.txt within the \drivers\etc\ folder, this is a different file. It's also hidden, even after enabling to show hidden files.

Point is, what do I do?? As always there's +rep in this for helpers :n00b:
03-27-2011, 01:59 PM #29
Originally posted by 95 View Post
Personally, I don't think its a virus, look at the HiJack logs...
I think its a program interfering with his comp's settings and has set the CMD version of programs to a higher priority

---------- Post added at 02:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:55 PM ----------

He was talking about a complete system restore, I was talking about a system set back Happy

Okay well what program would that be? If you can figure it out then I can fix the problem, restart and see if the CMD thing still pops up =D

The following user thanked Clutch Hunterr for this useful post:

camk
03-27-2011, 02:01 PM #30
Personally, I don't think its a virus, look at the HiJack logs...
I think its a program interfering with his comp's settings and has set the CMD version of programs to a higher priority

---------- Post added at 02:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:55 PM ----------

He was talking about a complete system restore, I was talking about a system set back Happy

Yea, I really don't think it is either but at the same time you never know.... It is still worth restoring ,Since there is still some virus's tha may hide. But his choice will be his choice.

---------- Post added at 09:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:59 AM ----------

Originally posted by Clutch
Okay well what program would that be? If you can figure it out then I can fix the problem, restart and see if the CMD thing still pops up =D

Try removing rocket dock. That program caused me a lot of problems.
03-27-2011, 02:09 PM #31
Cody_h4x
Nobody is like me
I've been pretty sure of this for a while, and I cba going into details.

Point is, everytime I start-up my computer 2 CMDs pop-up and then vanish very quickly and I just about managed to get a pic of 1 of them this time, here:

Don't mistake hosts.exe for hosts.txt within the \drivers\etc\ folder, this is a different file. It's also hidden, even after enabling to show hidden files.

Yea man I had the same problem, everytime you load it and it gets to desktop after logging in this would happen it would load somthing very fast than dissapear. If left for awhile it slows your computer down alot.

I fixed mine on my netbook and it was very simple, The only bad part of it was everything on my HDD go wiped, But that will wipe anny virus on your computer aswell. Smile

Anyways what I did was :

1. Boot computer pressing ALT F10 and that brought up Erecovery dialouge box ( You may have to do it a couple times fo it to work )

2. Than I selected factory Reset, This deletes everything off your computer and than afterwards it downloads clean windows system files.

3. Than aftr it formats it downloads the os.

4. Your computer is as if you just bought it Smile

NOTE: Doing the ALT F10 thing may take a couple trys but when you get it you'll see at the bottom it says "Loading System File" with a loading bar. Than eRecovery Dialouge Box shows up.

Smile Hope this helped
03-27-2011, 02:12 PM #32
Originally posted by iGamerXx View Post
Yea, I really don't think it is either but at the same time you never know.... It is still worth restoring ,Since there is still some virus's tha may hide. But his choice will be his choice.

---------- Post added at 09:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:59 AM ----------

Try removing rocket dock. That program caused me a lot of problems.

It's not RocketDock, I installed that yesterday and this has been here for a few weeks.

P.S. 7,000 posts!! Happy
03-27-2011, 02:15 PM #33
juddylovespizza
I'VE GOT JUNGLE FEVER
thats a rat, mine does the same.
03-27-2011, 02:17 PM #34
ZoneHD
Shiver do you lift?
I've been pretty sure of this for a while, and I cba going into details.

Its cybergate.

Use Malware bytes, it goes in your registery and takes out the start up and shit, so then its useless Smile
03-27-2011, 02:28 PM #35
Originally posted by Juddy View Post
thats a rat, mine does the same.

Originally posted by ZoneHD View Post
Its cybergate.

Use Malware bytes, it goes in your registery and takes out the start up and shit, so then its useless Smile

Okay thanks guys.

But that's interesting, because the only non-official stuff I've downloaded was from Premium right here on NGU. Someone is RAT-ting us :wtf:
03-27-2011, 02:34 PM #36
Default Avatar
Gizmo
Okay thanks guys.

But that's interesting, because the only non-official stuff I've downloaded was from Premium right here on NGU. Someone is RAT-ting us :wtf:

I just got a drive by virus after searching host.exe on google :FU:
/facepalm FML :p
03-27-2011, 02:37 PM #37
I just got a drive by virus after searching host.exe on google :FU:
/facepalm FML :p

LOL.

Btw I found hosts.exe twice in MSCONFIG and have disabled both, here's to hoping my computer actually starts next boot Happy

Update: MalwareBytes found them!! +rep for everyone once my computer has rebooted!! :bat:

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo