03-27-2011, 12:48 PM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); I've been pretty sure of this for a while, and I cba going into details.

Point is, everytime I start-up my computer 2 CMDs pop-up and then vanish very quickly and I just about managed to get a pic of 1 of them this time, here:

You must login or register to view this content.

Don't mistake hosts.exe for hosts.txt within the \drivers\etc\ folder, this is a different file. It's also hidden, even after enabling to show hidden files.

Point is, what do I do?? As always there's +rep in this for helpers :n00b:
03-27-2011, 02:47 PM #38
Default Avatar
Gizmo
Originally posted by Clutch
LOL.

Btw I found hosts.exe twice in MSCONFIG and have disabled both, here's to hoping my computer actually starts next boot Happy

Update: MalwareBytes found them!! +rep for everyone once my computer has rebooted!! :bat:

I thought it would be in MSCONFIG somewhere Winky Winky

The following user thanked Gizmo for this useful post:

Clutch Hunterr
03-27-2011, 02:55 PM #39
juddylovespizza
I'VE GOT JUNGLE FEVER
Okay thanks guys.

But that's interesting, because the only non-official stuff I've downloaded was from Premium right here on NGU. Someone is RAT-ting us :wtf:

yeah there is, look at all the rat tutorials course people are going to infect their uploads. We are effectively asking them too :rolleyes:
03-27-2011, 03:35 PM #40
Millz
Worth the Weight
For future problems. Keep Malwarebytes. Winky Winky
03-28-2011, 01:15 AM #41
iNikush
I'm back from the dead
Okay thanks guys.

But that's interesting, because the only non-official stuff I've downloaded was from Premium right here on NGU. Someone is RAT-ting us :wtf:

this is why i dont download off this site anymore unless i open up the source code so yea its like two things ive downloaded in past month
03-28-2011, 02:16 AM #42
ThisIsBio
LiquiDΔx
You got keylogged. When I got logged, CMD popped up quickly every launch.
Or RATed. IDK. Use SUPERantispyware, Avg, and Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware to remove. Ihad too.
03-28-2011, 03:56 AM #43
Originally posted by XxBlackBeard View Post
this is why i dont download off this site anymore unless i open up the source code so yea its like two things ive downloaded in past month

How can you tell if there's a keylogger or a RAT from source code? Please tell me! :n00b:

Originally posted by ThisIsBio View Post
You got keylogged. When I got logged, CMD popped up quickly every launch.
Or RATed. IDK. Use SUPERantispyware, Avg, and Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware to remove. Ihad too.

Right, I've removed the registry keys and the files using MalwareBytes, Norton, normal deletion and MSCONFIG. They keep coming back :mad:
03-28-2011, 04:10 AM #44
ThisIsBio
LiquiDΔx
How can you tell if there's a keylogger or a RAT from source code? Please tell me! :n00b:

Right, I've removed the registry keys and the files using MalwareBytes, Norton, normal deletion and MSCONFIG. They keep coming back :mad:

Do you haz a external hard drive or flash drive you use? Some times they infect the drives. I found some guides online on have to remove rats. I will pm you them...
03-28-2011, 04:13 AM #45
Originally posted by ThisIsBio View Post
Do you haz a external hard drive or flash drive you use? Some times they infect the drives. I found some guides online on have to remove rats. I will pm you them...

I only use a USB stick for transferring stuff to the PS3/XBOX, that's it.

It's definitely not that though(I think), I must've formatted it about 10 times since I got it and it's an official Cruzer.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo