09-22-2011, 03:32 AM #1
Pichu
RIP PICHU.
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); What should I make. Give me ideas.

Nothing too simple yet too advance for my current skills.

I was thinking of either the following:

Sodoku Solver
Word Search Solver (Like you enter in all the letters that you have say for extra credit or something and type in the word(s) that you need found so it produces key numbering to the exact word location.

Say you have a 10x10
1 2 3 4 5 6
1 a m i n e c
2 s g e a c e

The word is "Mine" it is across. It produces a text file with Mine = (1,2)(1,3)(1,4)(1,5) so all you have to do is just highlight on your paper the word. It would work with arrays so it can find the combo going up down left right and at angles.

---

Give me some more ideas. I may just attempt to make it. (Anything I make will be uploaded to YouTube with a free download and a Sharecash link to the source, here I will give source free.

GIVE ME IDEAS!

More added:

File Downloader – An application which can download various objects on a page including video streams or all files on a page. Great for pages with a lot of download links.

Password Safe – A program which keeps track of passwords for sites or applications and encrypts them with a key so that no one can read them.

Quiz Maker – Make an application which takes various questions form a file, picked randomly, and puts together a quiz for students. Each quiz can be different and then reads a key to grade the quizzes.

Quick Launcher – A utility program that allows the user to assign various programs to icons on a toolbar. Then by clicking the buttons they can quickly launch the programs with parameters etc. Much like Windows quick launch.

RPG Character Stat Creator – Make a program which will randomly create a character’s stats based on several rules set forth by the user. Have it generate a class, gender, strength/magic/dexterity points, and extra abilities or trades. Have it save it to a file which can then be printed out by a dungeon master.

Mp3 Player (and Other Formats) – A simple program for playing your favorite music files. For extra complexity see if you can add in playlists and an equalizer.

YouTube Downloader – A program which can download videos to your hard drive from youtube.com. Save the files in various formats including FLV and AVI.

Chess and Checkers – Simply put a game of chess or checkers. Try to make it playable online and if you can use a graphical user interface that can also undo or redo a step as well as keep a history of moves for replay.
Last edited by Pichu ; 09-22-2011 at 10:58 PM.

The following user thanked Pichu for this useful post:

AndreeU
09-22-2011, 04:06 AM #2
Pichu
RIP PICHU.
Originally posted by hardstyle1 View Post
the wordsearch 1

Sounds good, you have any more ideas? I'm trying to get a list together and just make what I can make or at least try. I'm trying to get some applications created so when I get the chance to make a website I can put those up so I can make a profit.
Last edited by Pichu ; 09-22-2011 at 10:57 PM.
09-22-2011, 04:17 AM #3
DinoFreak
I'm le back
What about a Private Facebok cracker.

The following 2 users groaned at DinoFreak for this awful post:

St0rM, Cory
09-22-2011, 04:41 AM #4
Epic?
Awe-Inspiring
Originally posted by Sublimity View Post
What should I make. Give me ideas.

Sodoku Solver
Word Search Solver (Like you enter in all the letters that you have say for extra credit or something and type in the word(s) that you need found so it produces key numbering to the exact word location.

Say you have a 10x10
1 2 3 4 5 6
1 a m i n e c
2 s g e a c e

The word is "Mine" it is across. It produces a text file with Mine = (1,2)(1,3)(1,4)(1,5) so all you have to do is just highlight on your paper the word. It would work with arrays so it can find the combo going up down left right and at angles.

---

Give me some more ideas. I may just attempt to make it. (Anything I make will be uploaded to YouTube with a free download and a Sharecash link to the source, here I will give source free.

GIVE ME IDEAS!

You should try some of the ideas from You must login or register to view this content..
09-22-2011, 02:48 PM #5
Glasbey.
I <3 Team Six
I would suggest trying to go into advanced code, maybe a GUI/XML shell, or a RAT. Both are pretty advanced, yet quite easy.
09-22-2011, 08:26 PM #6
Cory
User needs a dick
Originally posted by CherryXD View Post

Every program doesn't have to revolve around hacking. What's the point of hacking a facebook? Just keylog or use an iStealer on the victim. It's not to hard.

The following 2 users say thank you to Cory for this useful post:

Febreze, Pichu

The following 2 users groaned at Cory for this awful post:

DinoFreak, Epic?
09-22-2011, 10:43 PM #7
Pichu
RIP PICHU.
Originally posted by CherryXD View Post

How about no. All that would be is something much like a bruter that tests each and every password. Why would I even make something that could be used against me?

Originally posted by AsianInvasion View Post
You should try some of the ideas from You must login or register to view this content..

Alright, cool. Thanks. Smile I'm just trying to come up with ideas for expansion of skill.

Originally posted by Glasbey. View Post
I would suggest trying to go into advanced code, maybe a GUI/XML shell, or a RAT. Both are pretty advanced, yet quite easy.

A RAT is something that I don't care about. Honestly, if I was to try and make anything it would be a Keylogger but I wouldn't make one of those until I am more skilled and possibly into C++ coding.
09-26-2011, 03:49 AM #8
Epic?
Awe-Inspiring

Alright, cool. Thanks. Smile I'm just trying to come up with ideas for expansion of skill.

If networking is something you're interested in, you should try building a chat application, those are always fun, there's a small tutorial here: You must login or register to view this content.

You could also try building a denial of service tool, not necessarily for use, but just for the experimental purposes, trying to implement a slowloris or SYN flood is cool.

If you're not so in to that side of things, check out the creation of games, building a video game is always fun, and C# has the oh so wonderful XNA framework.

Out of the ones you've mentioned in your post, Quiz Maker and YouTube Downloader sound the most interesting to me, things that I might actually use in my current life.

Oh! Another fun thing might be a password cracker, I saw you mentioned a password safe application, and if that interests you, you ought to learn more about cryptography. A fun idea would be to implement a program that can break the two "hello world" ciphers: Vigenere and Caesar, first have it determine which cipher is being used, then have it determine the key, perhaps a not extremely practical program, but great for people interested in the topic.
Another fun idea would be to learn about stenography, perhaps try to hide text in an image, that's always fun.
09-26-2011, 04:31 AM #9
Pichu
RIP PICHU.
Originally posted by AsianInvasion View Post
If networking is something you're interested in, you should try building a chat application, those are always fun, there's a small tutorial here: You must login or register to view this content.

You could also try building a denial of service tool, not necessarily for use, but just for the experimental purposes, trying to implement a slowloris or SYN flood is cool.

If you're not so in to that side of things, check out the creation of games, building a video game is always fun, and C# has the oh so wonderful XNA framework.

Out of the ones you've mentioned in your post, Quiz Maker and YouTube Downloader sound the most interesting to me, things that I might actually use in my current life.

Oh! Another fun thing might be a password cracker, I saw you mentioned a password safe application, and if that interests you, you ought to learn more about cryptography. A fun idea would be to implement a program that can break the two "hello world" ciphers: Vigenere and Caesar, first have it determine which cipher is being used, then have it determine the key, perhaps a not extremely practical program, but great for people interested in the topic.
Another fun idea would be to learn about stenography, perhaps try to hide text in an image, that's always fun.

Haha yea. Well right now I am downloading XNA, I'm going to see how my computer handles it. If it does fine that I will start going towards XNA.

I was actually looking at application making for the ITouch but so far I haven't come to a download link that will provide me a suitable builder.

Anyways, yea, if I don't get the XNA to work very well on my computer I was going to give a YouTube downloader. In my mind I had the idea that maybe let a user enter in a phrase or something and then it pulls all the related videos into a horizontal slide on the bottom to choose from, you can load it, with the video loaded below would be a download button.

This could also be used for school to just view with, I'd have to draw everything up but something like that wouldn't be easy nor would it be hard.

Ohh well.

Also, when I get more into C++ as I move on, I plan on learning to make Virus's (Educational Purposes only), since I would love to know how they actually work, coding wise.
09-27-2011, 12:47 AM #10
Febreze
Keepin' it FRESH
What should I make. Give me ideas.

Sodoku Solver

Say you have a 10x10
1 2 3 4 5 6
1 a m i n e c
2 s g e a c e

---

GIVE ME IDEAS!

More added:

File Downloader – An application which can download various objects on a page including video streams or all files on a page. Great for pages with a lot of download links.

Password Safe – A program which keeps track of passwords for sites or applications and encrypts them with a key so that no one can read them.

Quiz Maker – Make an application which takes various questions form a file, picked randomly, and puts together a quiz for students. Each quiz can be different and then reads a key to grade the quizzes.

Quick Launcher – A utility program that allows the user to assign various programs to icons on a toolbar. Then by clicking the buttons they can quickly launch the programs with parameters etc. Much like Windows quick launch.

RPG Character Stat Creator – Make a program which will randomly create a character’s stats based on several rules set forth by the user. Have it generate a class, gender, strength/magic/dexterity points, and extra abilities or trades. Have it save it to a file which can then be printed out by a dungeon master.

Mp3 Player (and Other Formats) – A simple program for playing your favorite music files. For extra complexity see if you can add in playlists and an equalizer.

YouTube Downloader – A program which can download videos to your hard drive from youtube.com. Save the files in various formats including FLV and AVI.

Chess and Checkers – Simply put a game of chess or checkers. Try to make it playable online and if you can use a graphical user interface that can also undo or redo a step as well as keep a history of moves for replay.

File downloader. The thing I hate most is going through someone's folder on a site which has every single file listed in a program and downloading each separate one. You could charge people if it automatically generated a premium download link for some websites.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo