09-22-2011, 03:32 AM #1
Pichu
RIP PICHU.
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); What should I make. Give me ideas.

Nothing too simple yet too advance for my current skills.

I was thinking of either the following:

Sodoku Solver
Word Search Solver (Like you enter in all the letters that you have say for extra credit or something and type in the word(s) that you need found so it produces key numbering to the exact word location.

Say you have a 10x10
1 2 3 4 5 6
1 a m i n e c
2 s g e a c e

The word is "Mine" it is across. It produces a text file with Mine = (1,2)(1,3)(1,4)(1,5) so all you have to do is just highlight on your paper the word. It would work with arrays so it can find the combo going up down left right and at angles.

---

Give me some more ideas. I may just attempt to make it. (Anything I make will be uploaded to YouTube with a free download and a Sharecash link to the source, here I will give source free.

GIVE ME IDEAS!

More added:

File Downloader – An application which can download various objects on a page including video streams or all files on a page. Great for pages with a lot of download links.

Password Safe – A program which keeps track of passwords for sites or applications and encrypts them with a key so that no one can read them.

Quiz Maker – Make an application which takes various questions form a file, picked randomly, and puts together a quiz for students. Each quiz can be different and then reads a key to grade the quizzes.

Quick Launcher – A utility program that allows the user to assign various programs to icons on a toolbar. Then by clicking the buttons they can quickly launch the programs with parameters etc. Much like Windows quick launch.

RPG Character Stat Creator – Make a program which will randomly create a character’s stats based on several rules set forth by the user. Have it generate a class, gender, strength/magic/dexterity points, and extra abilities or trades. Have it save it to a file which can then be printed out by a dungeon master.

Mp3 Player (and Other Formats) – A simple program for playing your favorite music files. For extra complexity see if you can add in playlists and an equalizer.

YouTube Downloader – A program which can download videos to your hard drive from youtube.com. Save the files in various formats including FLV and AVI.

Chess and Checkers – Simply put a game of chess or checkers. Try to make it playable online and if you can use a graphical user interface that can also undo or redo a step as well as keep a history of moves for replay.
Last edited by Pichu ; 09-22-2011 at 10:58 PM.

The following user thanked Pichu for this useful post:

AndreeU
09-27-2011, 12:48 AM #11
Pichu
RIP PICHU.
Originally posted by DevTheGreat9 View Post
File downloader. The thing I hate most is going through someone's folder on a site which has every single file listed in a program and downloading each separate one. You could charge people if it automatically generated a premium download link for some websites.

So set it up with multiple text boxes that allow a person to copy and paste each link into it, press start and let it go through and download each one in order, or a specific order?
09-27-2011, 01:28 AM #12
Febreze
Keepin' it FRESH
Originally posted by Sublimity View Post
So set it up with multiple text boxes that allow a person to copy and paste each link into it, press start and let it go through and download each one in order, or a specific order?

Well if you enter in the link where the download is found it will probably download the web page instead of the file. I'm not sure how you would do this but maybe there's an alternate way but it might be a little harder but still time conserving.
09-27-2011, 01:37 AM #13
Pichu
RIP PICHU.
Originally posted by DevTheGreat9 View Post
Well if you enter in the link where the download is found it will probably download the web page instead of the file. I'm not sure how you would do this but maybe there's an alternate way but it might be a little harder but still time conserving.

Well you can have it search the webpage and find the results for the actual download link. I can probably make something like this to try and support Mediafire and expand over time.
09-27-2011, 02:35 AM #14
Default Avatar
Cade
Make the quiz one but, make it where you can have the file in html format.

So later you can put the quiz on your website Awesome face
09-27-2011, 03:11 AM #15
Pichu
RIP PICHU.
Originally posted by Team
Make the quiz one but, make it where you can have the file in html format.

So later you can put the quiz on your website Awesome face

Right now I am going to work on a downloader. Going to first work on supporting Mediafire where you can input either the actual direct file download or the webpage URL and the program will fetch the download link by itself and download.

I think I'll support 5 downloads at a time and have it setup so the user can download all at once or 1 at a time.

Then maybe I will work on something for Megaupload (I may need some help with figuring out a way to bypass the 45 second wait time).

This project sounds like it would be a great application for many people to use.

---
Also on the side, I will be making a LolBird image downloader. I want to have it set so you can choose the first pictures to the last pictures you want to download, say images 10 - 500, so it will download about 490 images automatically and place it in a folder and stop after images 10 - 500 have been downloaded. Then maybe I will try and support Damnlol. (This is for teaching purposes really).
09-27-2011, 03:12 AM #16
Default Avatar
Cade
Right now I am going to work on a downloader. Going to first work on supporting Mediafire where you can input either the actual direct file download or the webpage URL and the program will fetch the download link by itself and download.

I think I'll support 5 downloads at a time and have it setup so the user can download all at once or 1 at a time.

Then maybe I will work on something for Megaupload (I may need some help with figuring out a way to bypass the 45 second wait time).

This project sounds like it would be a great application for many people to use.

No. Not Happy or Sad

Do what I said!

I always get what I want.

The following user thanked Cade for this useful post:

Epic?
09-27-2011, 03:36 AM #17
Pichu
RIP PICHU.
No. Not Happy or Sad

Do what I said!

I always get what I want.

Hmm... Maybe. Supply me with all the questions and answers and I may just do it.

---
Might I also point out that I can't believe I am only 40 rep points from 2012 rep. Smile
09-27-2011, 03:48 AM #18
Default Avatar
Cade
Hmm... Maybe. Supply me with all the questions and answers and I may just do it.

---
Might I also point out that I can't believe I am only 40 rep points from 2012 rep. Smile

Your welcome I gave you your star :y:

The following user thanked Cade for this useful post:

Pichu
09-27-2011, 04:44 AM #19
Pichu
RIP PICHU.
Your welcome I gave you your star :y:

Such a generous gift. Smile

Just come up with the questions that you want, give about a 100 of them and I will put them all in and have the program randomly select a set of 10-20 questions. (Each test will be different. May add a text save file to keep track).

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo