01-31-2011, 05:43 AM #1
demize
Maggbot timeout!
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); I propose instead of trying to wiggle our way's around sony I have a better idea. Check this site out: You must login or register to view this content.. Now I know it's for the XBox 360 but why hasn't anyone thought of doing this for the PS3? Regardless now would be a good time to make something of the such. You can only imagine the people that would start using it. We would need a server and some pretty good coder's to come up with it but it's more than possible. It would allow all of us with CFW to be wherever we want with OUR systems as far as firmware in general is concerned and cut the trouble's of banning and worrying about Sony all together. Not to mention we can implement our own features and all that. Idea's are welcomed. What do you guys think? (Don't even think about flaming. If so don't even post and waste forum space Winky Winky )

UPDATE: We have decided to call the project PSKinect. PSConnect was taken :( Also Other name's were taken but this one stuck with us. Smile

UPDATE 2:The PSKinect staff has been assembled and the project will begin this Saturday. Finally we will start the process of putting the necessary measures into place and start construction of what soon could be one of the biggest breakthrough's in PS3 hacking history if all goes well. Right next to CFW and all the other great breakthrough's in the underground community.

The staff is as follows:

Coding:
Skatin707
Demize
frub3nz
McAffee

Gnarlet
maxrox
samos951
xModz_elite

If we feel the need to add more help we will schedule another conference at a later date. As of now we feel comfortable with the current team and are looking forward to making this a reality.
PSKinect will bring all the CFW user's together on a network that is not run by Sony or any of their affiliates. It will be a network that allows gameplay to those who wish not to continue with Sony's original firmware updates. Those with banned console's will get their chance to return to a gaming server and continue to use their PS3's online for the first time since the bans were put into place. We will not allow cheats to be used on our server's. We are hoping to implement a measure which will weed out the cheater's to avoid abuse of our network not to mention keeping the games fair and square for everyone to enjoy. PSKinect will in no way remove PSN from any PS3 nor will it replace it. This will be an option for those who want to play on a network other than Sony's. Hopefully after it's launch we will add some cool features which I cannot discuss here at the current time. Stay tuned guys and thanks for the support! Smile
Last edited by demize ; 02-04-2011 at 05:51 AM.

The following 39 users say thank you to demize for this useful post:

-Skyline, Adam West, AMNE, Arsemex, D@ EnVvY!, DeAd_bLiTz, dunczzzz, eekndot, Evaluable, Frank1721, frub3nz, Geeqoh, GloomAndGlow, Hx1, IAMSTEN, Imtravvy, IX_BloodBath_XI, jannu22, jeremylg, killsmoocie, krazyfoolof2010, malik-ramires, midnightClub543, mrbonno, MythGavin, PIINC, Pretzel729, pwnage4life62, qkopl, RedShellz, Ritztro, Samos95, steve-0, Strike Venom, Stugger, Suxh4rd2bu, thee3nd, UnrealReality, Wfloydboy16
01-31-2011, 07:04 PM #47
demize
Maggbot timeout!
Originally posted by Unspeakable View Post
First, there are the legal issues associated with running sonys code on our own server. They would have none of that. You theoretically could just redirect it but i have a feeling you would be getting your ass sued. This all comes down to whether or not sony wins this court case. If they win we do NOT have the right to modify our systems in any way and it will set precedent for the future.

Secondly the firmware is what hold all the data that your system needs to function properly, obviously. So if you are trying to redirect all this traffic to one place, everyone will have to be using the same or similar firmware in order to connect in the first place.

Correct. Now what if we had something similar to that of using a PC to route such communications similar to that of XBConnect. Say we use a program on the PC itself to do all the work and write a app for the PS3 to connect to that software and have it go that route. Wouldn't that be much easier than rewriting the entire firmware for the PS3 itself? Of course you would need a PC with a broadband connection of some sort but I would think it would almost work similar to that of XBConnect. What do you think?
01-31-2011, 07:12 PM #48
Originally posted by demize View Post
Correct. Now what if we had something similar to that of using a PC to route such communications similar to that of XBConnect. Say we use a program on the PC itself to do all the work and write a app for the PS3 to connect to that software and have it go that route. Wouldn't that be much easier than rewriting the entire firmware for the PS3 itself? Of course you would need a PC with a broadband connection of some sort but I would think it would almost work similar to that of XBConnect. What do you think?

No that will only work with games that connect by LAN. If you want to go "online" then firmware is what you want.
01-31-2011, 07:17 PM #49
Originally posted by demize View Post
I propose instead of trying to wiggle our way's around sony I have a better idea. Check this site out: You must login or register to view this content.. Now I know it's for the XBox 360 but why hasn't anyone thought of doing this for the PS3? Regardless now would be a good time to make something of the such. You can only imagine the people that would start using it. We would need a server and some pretty good coder's to come up with it but it's more than possible. It would allow all of us with CFW to be wherever we want with OUR systems as far as firmware in general is concerned and cut the trouble's of banning and worrying about Sony all together. Not to mention we can implement our own features and all that. Idea's are welcomed. What do you guys think? (Don't even think about flaming. If so don't even post and waste forum space Winky Winky )

Regardless of this being a good idea, could you please use ermm how do you call them.. Paragraphs

Its annoying to read when you dont use them.

Thanks
01-31-2011, 07:52 PM #50
NGU_MVRz
Do a barrel roll!
It Would Cost To Mch to run the server(decent server )
01-31-2011, 08:36 PM #51
skatin707
Deep Sea Diving
so far I am getting the green light legal wise. There are stipulations, but this is possible. Paid nearly $3,000 to find that out lkl.

The coding is going to begin this week as demize stated.

The following 3 users say thank you to skatin707 for this useful post:

demize, JakeM, maxrox
01-31-2011, 09:07 PM #52
Originally posted by skatin707 View Post
so far I am getting the green light legal wise. There are stipulations, but this is possible. Paid nearly $3,000 to find that out lkl.

The coding is going to begin this week as demize stated.

Woah! $3,000! thats a lot, any ways thanks for finding that out i know you guys will make it possible with you and demize on the team! im not a coder or dev but i will be there rooting you guys on!:carling: :carling: :carling: :420: :y: Dancing
01-31-2011, 09:32 PM #53
demize
Maggbot timeout!
Would you care to help Unspeakable? If so let me know and we can get the plan's and adjustment's made out to get the ball rolling. Either or it's ok as we stated were ready to start rolling out the carpet this weekend. My Skype is always on Smile
01-31-2011, 09:36 PM #54
Il see what i can do i dont have a usb mic for skype though. you can just add my psn though. Unspeakahax
01-31-2011, 09:52 PM #55
demize
Maggbot timeout!
Il see what i can do i dont have a usb mic for skype though. you can just add my psn though. Unspeakahax

It's alright if you don't have a mic. As long as you can type 300 words per minute :p PM me your Skype name and I will add you to our list. :y:

---------- Post added at 04:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:38 PM ----------

Originally posted by camacheiro View Post
This all sounds pretty hectic at the moment, and I can see where you all are coming from.
Servers,HTML and C++ are my thing, and I honestly think that this is doable.
Hell yea, count me in if you need some help on the server/HTML side of it.

Do you have any server's we could use?

---------- Post added at 04:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:49 PM ----------

Actually I may have a bluetooth I could send you that would work. All you would have to do is buy $5 bluetooth adapter. Smile

---------- Post added at 04:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:51 PM ----------

Actually I may have a bluetooth I could send you that would work. All you would have to do is buy $5 bluetooth adapter. Smile

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo