03-02-2011, 12:32 AM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});
You must login or register to view this content.

Well Some of you may know that a new tool has come out that can decrypt the CORE_OS_PACKAGE.pkg and the lv1.self and lv2.self Files ►You must login or register to view this content.

Well You must login or register to view this content. over @psgroove used that program and it ACTUALLY WORKS!!! So he decided to go looking into the lv1.elf file and found this useful peice of text [You must login or register to view this content.] (It was to long to post)....

This led him AND me to believe that Sony really didn't "Completely" remove the OtherOS Feature, Which may mean that sony *might* have plans to bring it back

The following 10 users say thank you to NextGenTactics for this useful post:

Clouds, DAHENNERZZ, dex2grigg, Galbiy, krazyfoolof2010, MythGavin, TEXAS24_ReStEr, Top_Dog_Uk, Zumper
03-02-2011, 04:59 AM #29
Goblom
Gym leader
***********May Be A New Find*************

I was looking through some other unencrypted code in the lv1 and i saw this very interesting piece of code
    verify_util::SHA-1 hash
0x%x update_manager::check_core_os_hash()
in product mode, check is skipped.
update_manager::check_core_os_hash() get_version_and_hash() failure
update_manager::check_core_os_hash() SC not initialized. skipped integrity check.
update_manager::check_core_os_hash() config_manager failure
update_manager::check_core_os_hash() calc lv0 hash failure(%d)
update_manager::check_core_os_hash() calc lv1 hash failure(%d)
lv0 and lv1 have passed integrity check
lv0 has been altered. integrity check failure.
lv1 has been altered. integrity check failure.
update_manager::read_revoke_list(%d)

I don't know if this has anything with Jailbreaking ur ps3 but the ps3 does have security checks and this may also be the *rootkit* but it can only see the updates and the lv1 and lv0 parts of the ps3 to check if they are altered

---------- Post added at 11:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:58 PM ----------

Originally posted by Rogelio702 View Post
another :O how many planing on making ??

makeing what?
03-02-2011, 05:00 AM #30
Originally posted by Goblom View Post
***********May Be A New Find*************

I was looking through some other unencrypted code in the lv1 and i saw this very interesting piece of code
    verify_util::SHA-1 hash
0x%x update_manager::check_core_os_hash()
in product mode, check is skipped.
update_manager::check_core_os_hash() get_version_and_hash() failure
update_manager::check_core_os_hash() SC not initialized. skipped integrity check.
update_manager::check_core_os_hash() config_manager failure
update_manager::check_core_os_hash() calc lv0 hash failure(%d)
update_manager::check_core_os_hash() calc lv1 hash failure(%d)
lv0 and lv1 have passed integrity check
lv0 has been altered. integrity check failure.
lv1 has been altered. integrity check failure.
update_manager::read_revoke_list(%d)

I don't know if this has anything with Jailbreaking ur ps3 but the ps3 does have security checks and this may also be the *rootkit* but it can only see the updates and the lv1 and lv0 parts of the ps3 to check if they are altered

---------- Post added at 11:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:58 PM ----------

makeing what?

no not u the person who made other os
03-02-2011, 05:05 AM #31
Goblom
Gym leader
Originally posted by Rogelio702 View Post
no not u the person who made other os

The person who made the OtherOS Works for Sony. Also it is not graf_chokolo, kmeaw, kha0s, or any other person related the PS3hacking/homebrew community. All this is, is me posting some findings on a *Possible* OtherOS on the PS3 after FW Update 3.21.... but this is for FW 3.56
03-02-2011, 05:30 AM #32
if geo found these i dont think he's in the position to even want to try and tell anyone what they are look what is happing to the other devs
03-02-2011, 05:43 AM #33
Goblom
Gym leader
Originally posted by Anko View Post
if geo found these i dont think he's in the position to even want to try and tell anyone what they are look what is happing to the other devs

Sorry dude whatcha say its to hard reading what you posted with that picture right below it :biggrin:
03-02-2011, 06:40 AM #34
This would be so awesome! thx for this helpfull post!
03-02-2011, 08:26 AM #35
TryCatchMe
Like A Boss
Well I think that they couldn't remove otherOS due to the fact that the ps3 started out with it, I dont think they could actually fully remove the feature So they partially removed it ?
But thats just my opinion, they could may well bring it back
03-02-2011, 08:27 AM #36
Cain
Tutorial Team Like A Boss
As OtherOS is built into the system they can not physically just remove it like that. It's just disabled so Sony may/may not have plans to bring it back.

However the video channels are different as they needed internet for Sony to randomly place them on your PS3. OtherOS was hard-coded into the system w/out internet so.. cheaa Cool Man (aka Tustin)
03-02-2011, 10:38 AM #37
|ManiaC|
Carburator 45mm
expect 3.57 now

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo