04-23-2011, 10:36 AM #1
Default Avatar
Brad
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); ok so i am getting tired of all these threads saying i want to play my game online. so i just thought why don't we just use Xlink until psn is back up.

i know you don't level up with it but it's the best we have for now.

Servers Offline!
the server is call dr.brad
password= ngu123

Directory (may find it helpful)
Arena/playstation3/first person shooter/call of duty modern warfare 2/Dr.Brad

i have put a 12 player limit on it for the moment but when we do games like domination i will raise it.

people that don't know what it is:
It lets you play system link online with friends in another house/country for free.

Tutorial (not mine)

This could also be useful if they do start charging for psn and you don't want to buy it.

Need any help pm on here or add [email][email protected][/email]

thanks SirBlazeAlot for your thread.

Read this to get download - You must login or register to view this content.
read through this thread if your still not happy - You must login or register to view this content.
Last edited by Brad ; 04-25-2011 at 02:21 PM. Reason: All downloads need a virus scan

The following 16 users say thank you to Brad for this useful post:

||||||||||||, albania123, eQaLiZe, GuilloDesigns, iamdadutchpride, Jaimzterr, joe kilvert, jogeboy, lildeg8, Mezzid, My Hate, Reay, skillz369, warman_94, x Too GodLy x, XxGGJxX
04-23-2011, 03:47 PM #29
mrBear
Do a barrel roll!
Any game that support LAN can be played on XLink. I made a tech overview on the most common issues on another forum a while back. This is from my own posting on ps3iso you can see hereYou must login or register to view this content.

I just read all the threads on Kai, and noticed most people are not clear on
a) What it is actually used for and
b) Technical issues around kai

So let me try to answer these in simple terms.
For a), What is Kai used for
Xlink Kai creates a tunnel, or link on your local network at home. This allows the PS3 to see other PS3s in other countries as if its on the same local network. For this reason you are able to play games with the LAN option. This mean that NO PSN Access is required, since you play as if you are playing locally (Pretty much like the splitscreen on one console).

For the top asked question. No, your trophies and achievements aquired on PSN Multiplayer doesnt get saved or used. Black Ops for one all your weapons are opened from the get go, so you have all the options available. Other games will have varied options available on LAN.

b) Technical issues
Most people struggle getting to grips with setting it up, and when they get it running, there is always a problem. So I will include a few pointers that helped me getting it to work. Bear in mind, routers setup differ, so look for settings that are similar, and just play around!

My setup is as follow for comparison:-
1. Cable modem, connected with LAN cable to a wireless router
2. Router with LAN cable to my desktop PC, xlink kai runs here
3. PS3 is connected wirelessly to the same router (No cable long enough to reach via lan, but will do it when im less lazy)

1. I installed xlink kai, but the older version (7.3.1.7). The latest one on teamxlink.co.uk doesnt seem to work on the PS3
2. I then just run it, without modification
3. Switched on the PS3

A couple of issues and hwow i fixed it:-
1) At first I had the following problem, it start up, but on the diagnostic screen it shows "Network reachable : No" - I remedied it by killing the ms security essentials, and the firewall from windows.
2) All appeared fine, but, sometimes it will hang on "Querying orbital server", and if it gets in, the PS3 shows as configured correctly, but for the life of me, i couldnt get a game.
My router dont have a port forwarding, so initially i tried to open ports under "Special Applications". So i tried 30 000, still no luck.
Then i found an option called "Virtual servers". It had options for the private IP (Internal IP), public ports and TCP/UDP/BOTH. I set this to my PC where xlink kai is running on IP, port 30000, and BOTH. And bobs your uncle, first try i am in Zombies!

Hope this help some people. Feel free to ask questions, but give me details on your setup, and router options.

This is my configuration:-

eq.
CABLE MODEM
|
(LAN CABLE)
|
Router ---- (WIRELESS) ---- PS3
|
(LAN CABLE)
|
PC with xlink kai

The only complicated part is to get the wireless routers settings correct
Last edited by mrBear ; 04-23-2011 at 04:24 PM.
04-23-2011, 03:52 PM #30
Fuser
< ^ > < ^ >
i would do it but someone said it was gonna be back today
04-23-2011, 03:52 PM #31
Default Avatar
Brad
Originally posted by ThiagoRlx View Post
Man i just tried registering and it dosnt show PS3. only XBOX, PS2 & PSP

on the program it has a ps3 function
04-23-2011, 03:59 PM #32
can some 1 set up a game 4 black ops my psn XxHomicide_313xX and do i have2 make an Xlink acc?
04-23-2011, 04:02 PM #33
Kylee.
Banned
i don't get this, do you play the games on the PS3 or on the PC Online? :confused:
04-23-2011, 04:11 PM #34
Default Avatar
Brad
Originally posted by MomasGirlOnline View Post
i don't get this, do you play the games on the PS3 or on the PC Online? :confused:

what it does is you join my arena on xlink and what that does is adds me to ur system link on your ps3. if you want help i will.
04-23-2011, 04:15 PM #35
Kylee.
Banned
Originally posted by Dr.
what it does is you join my arena on xlink and what that does is adds me to ur system link on your ps3. if you want help i will.

ok if i decide to do it ill let you know im watching films atm.
04-23-2011, 04:51 PM #36
Febreze
Keepin' it FRESH
I am not very experienced with port forwarding. Could someone help me setup this program to run for ps3? I have wireless internet connection and I have Team Viewer. Will pay.
04-23-2011, 05:10 PM #37
Default Avatar
Brad
Originally posted by DevTheGreat9 View Post
I am not very experienced with port forwarding. Could someone help me setup this program to run for ps3? I have wireless internet connection and I have Team Viewer. Will pay.

what router do you have?

---------- Post added at 06:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:52 PM ----------

Originally posted by tigerreay44 View Post
it doesnt work with Black Ops :( ?

the mw2 server is online if you want to join now Happy

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo