10-28-2014, 05:07 PM #1
ogpayne
Do a barrel roll!
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Hey guys I've just read the news for this new 2.0 update and I'm loving everything I'm reading, Sony is going in a good direction. Now the hacker in me noticed they're implementing being able to upload music from a USB device, now reading this set off a flag in my head (as much as I would hate to see modded lobbies and annoying little kids thinking they're gods because they have a jail broken system, it's just the future.) We will see the PS4 jailbroken just as we will see an exploit occur on the xbone, there's excellent minds in the world. Now I'm thinking since they're allowing the option of uploading things with a USB, I'm thinking this is a (hopefully) easy entrance for a firmware exploit and hopefully it doesn't get out of hand and we can turn the PS4 into an excellent machine with some beautiful homebrew. Maybe I'm just crazy, but I'm going to look into it, how do you guys feel about the possibility of an exploit arising in the near future? And you other hackers, do you see this as being a possible entrance? (Maybe I actually have no idea what I'm doing) Smile Please keep the discussions civil.

Sent from my iPhone using NGU
10-31-2014, 04:17 PM #20
ogpayne
Do a barrel roll!
Originally posted by 1UP View Post
Define we please. I find it funny that when you have 5 people who actually find these exploits, the users classify themselves as the group and say things like "we"

Well the modding community is that, a community, no one would find anything without help from someone, I'm not claiming I am going to find any exploits, I don't know much about hardware exploits, I'm not educated enough. I know more about software and debugging. Just staying positive man no need to be rude.

The following user thanked ogpayne for this useful post:

TheDoctor MoDz
10-31-2014, 04:31 PM #21
Default Avatar
Oneup
Originally posted by z
Well the modding community is that, a community, no one would find anything without help from someone, I'm not claiming I am going to find any exploits, I don't know much about hardware exploits, I'm not educated enough. I know more about software and debugging. Just staying positive man no need to be rude.

Not being rude. But when people lump themselves in with the people who actually put in the work. I find that a tad annoying.
Changing data on addresses on a game with a cookie cutter program isn't the same as finding a hardware /software flaw that leads to exploitation.

The following user thanked Oneup for this useful post:

Mr Grumpy
10-31-2014, 07:06 PM #22
ogpayne
Do a barrel roll!
Originally posted by 1UP View Post
Not being rude. But when people lump themselves in with the people who actually put in the work. I find that a tad annoying.
Changing data on addresses on a game with a cookie cutter program isn't the same as finding a hardware /software flaw that leads to exploitation.

See I know how to find software exploits, debug, reverse engineer (a bit), and a few other small things related to Internet security. I very much wish I knew how to hardware exploit because that is a very interesting subject but it is hard to learn when people don't want to share the knowledge. I'm hoping to go to college for Computer Science and carry out my software exploiting and reverse engineering, but one day I hope to branch to hardware exploiting and actually help in finding bit exploits.
10-31-2014, 07:07 PM #23
Default Avatar
Oneup
Originally posted by z
See I know how to find software exploits, debug, reverse engineer (a bit), and a few other small things related to Internet security. I very much wish I knew how to hardware exploit because that is a very interesting subject but it is hard to learn when people don't want to share the knowledge. I'm hoping to go to college for Computer Science and carry out my software exploiting and reverse engineering, but one day I hope to branch to hardware exploiting and actually help in finding bit exploits.

I also did not want to come off as singling you out. That was directed to alot of people I've seen on this site that do this.
11-02-2014, 02:38 PM #24
alchybear
< ^ > < ^ >
you cnt say they fucked up on the ps3 when some one decoded the master key for it. it did take several years to even hack it after the xbox was already dead modded. you have to still think that not all ps3 models are hackable.
11-04-2014, 10:36 AM #25
BuFu_EVO
Do a barrel roll!
Originally posted by Koushik456 View Post
Ps4 jailbreake is coming soon

"jailbreake" huh i hope your not trying to code it :|

The following user thanked BuFu_EVO for this useful post:

ogpayne
11-08-2014, 12:26 AM #26
Mr Grumpy
< ^ > < ^ >
Do realize that Sony aren't retarded, the PS3 took a very long time before it was even hacked, and even afterwards, it has been patched. Sony won't make a silly mistake like the one OP described, it would be completely idiotic and unprofessional of them to do so. You would need dedicated hardware to even have a go at cracking the system. (Decompiling system files/patches, overwriting system flash, etc.) Hackers would also just like before would need to dismantle their own system. I doubt anybody has £700+ to fork out on multiple consoles. Just be patient, not all things come in an instance. Plus what purpose would their be in hacking the system? There's barely any games, there's simply no motive at the moment for Hackers and Modders alike.

Just like with all modding, there will usually be a hardware exploit first, (CobraUSB, Use of devices (TI-84, iPhone's, etc)) to run a tethered "Jailbreak". Then maybe after a couple of months we will get to softmodding the consoles. Leave the modding to the professionals, or you'll fu ck up your console.
11-08-2014, 12:32 AM #27
Joel
[move]Sal:madsal::laim:[/move]
Well either way, you're gonna get banned if you have it anyways
11-08-2014, 02:11 PM #28
Turk_Warrior
League Champion
Originally posted by Joel View Post
Well either way, you're gonna get banned if you have it anyways

turn off cfw syscalls. lol

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.