10-28-2014, 05:07 PM #1
ogpayne
Do a barrel roll!
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Hey guys I've just read the news for this new 2.0 update and I'm loving everything I'm reading, Sony is going in a good direction. Now the hacker in me noticed they're implementing being able to upload music from a USB device, now reading this set off a flag in my head (as much as I would hate to see modded lobbies and annoying little kids thinking they're gods because they have a jail broken system, it's just the future.) We will see the PS4 jailbroken just as we will see an exploit occur on the xbone, there's excellent minds in the world. Now I'm thinking since they're allowing the option of uploading things with a USB, I'm thinking this is a (hopefully) easy entrance for a firmware exploit and hopefully it doesn't get out of hand and we can turn the PS4 into an excellent machine with some beautiful homebrew. Maybe I'm just crazy, but I'm going to look into it, how do you guys feel about the possibility of an exploit arising in the near future? And you other hackers, do you see this as being a possible entrance? (Maybe I actually have no idea what I'm doing) Smile Please keep the discussions civil.

Sent from my iPhone using NGU
11-13-2014, 12:56 AM #38
BuFu_EVO
Do a barrel roll!
Originally posted by Jakes625 View Post
They are using an entire different kernal version of an entire different operating system in which they modified. Not a lot was kept similar except for some file headers or various items.

correct so if their was an exploit in the future it will be something completely different (to many kids think that thr just gonna be another modded fw its gonna be something more complex,) "IF ANYTHING" but everything has a bug and bugs can be a good thing.
11-13-2014, 02:30 AM #39
Jakes625
Trippy Hippy
Originally posted by Zack. View Post
Do you even know what I meant by saying that?

I wasn't bashing Sony. If anything, I am a "Sony fanboy". Before you go and try to make someone look stupid, ask them what they meant in their statement. The only thing I blamed them for was the key gen fail.

I was not trying to make you look stupid, my reference was to all people on these forums. I was clarifying the statement was idiotic.

nice try tho
11-13-2014, 02:32 AM #40
Jakes625
Trippy Hippy
Originally posted by EVO View Post
correct so if their was an exploit in the future it will be something completely different (to many kids think that thr just gonna be another modded fw its gonna be something more complex,) "IF ANYTHING" but everything has a bug and bugs can be a good thing.

no not really.

a different operating system doesn't mean much. It's still using linux architecture, filesystem, etc.. it's just the method of updating the firmware.

There's a bios that loads the boot sector (crypted in various ways) which in essence launches the OS.

If there is an exploit it will be at that boot stage.

The following user thanked Jakes625 for this useful post:

BuFu_EVO
11-13-2014, 06:27 AM #41
Zack.
Climbing up the ladder
Originally posted by Jakes625 View Post
I was not trying to make you look stupid, my reference was to all people on these forums. I was clarifying the statement was idiotic.

nice try tho

By you continuing to still be hostile, you are looking idiotic.

Stop trying to argue. I did not respond to you with a negative statement, so don't do the same.
11-13-2014, 06:47 AM #42
Jakes625
Trippy Hippy
Originally posted by Zack. View Post
By you continuing to still be hostile, you are looking idiotic.

Stop trying to argue. I did not respond to you with a negative statement, so don't do the same.

hostility has nothing to do with the intelligence of a being.

and we are not arguing. just having a convo
11-14-2014, 03:32 AM #43
itsSorrow
In my man cave
You must login or register to view this content. lol it's been hacked
12-17-2014, 02:38 AM #44
Hmm.. I suppose this could help, after all it is a different kind of Linux. (I think)
12-18-2014, 01:21 PM #45
nay1995
The Master
Originally posted by ogpayne View Post
Hey guys I've just read the news for this new 2.0 update and I'm loving everything I'm reading, Sony is going in a good direction. Now the hacker in me noticed they're implementing being able to upload music from a USB device, now reading this set off a flag in my head (as much as I would hate to see modded lobbies and annoying little kids thinking they're gods because they have a jail broken system, it's just the future.) We will see the PS4 jailbroken just as we will see an exploit occur on the xbone, there's excellent minds in the world. Now I'm thinking since they're allowing the option of uploading things with a USB, I'm thinking this is a (hopefully) easy entrance for a firmware exploit and hopefully it doesn't get out of hand and we can turn the PS4 into an excellent machine with some beautiful homebrew. Maybe I'm just crazy, but I'm going to look into it, how do you guys feel about the possibility of an exploit arising in the near future? And you other hackers, do you see this as being a possible entrance? (Maybe I actually have no idea what I'm doing) Smile Please keep the discussions civil.

Sent from my iPhone using NGU

i'm going to highly doubt this will be possible, i know you're on about a usb exploit but i'm going to say this anyway, sony have implemented something called ecdsa which is a very complicated encryption algorithm, to crack this it would take hundreds if not thousands of years as there are so many possibilities and combinations, the only way playstation will get exploited is if there is a flaw, ps3 was hacked due to sony not implementing the algorithm correctly, since then they found the flaw and implemented it correctly and its never been hacked to this day after 3.55. I think the playstation 4 will have flaws, but non of which would lead to keys being discovered.

Another way the algorithm could be cracked is, if you're a mathematical genius and can limit some of the possibilities of the algorithm, maybe you know the structure of the key, if it is structured or is it entirely random?
Last edited by nay1995 ; 12-18-2014 at 01:32 PM.
12-18-2014, 11:24 PM #46
The only way I could see any sort of modded ps4 is with some sort of a mod chip kind of like with the 360. I dont see a mod chip coming out for at least another 2 years. I honestly dont want a modded ps4 it would ruin the online experience for everyone especially with all the wanna be hackers on ps3, if an exploit came on ps4 they would all move to ps4. I really dont see a jailbreak ever happening.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo