10-28-2014, 05:07 PM #1
ogpayne
Do a barrel roll!
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Hey guys I've just read the news for this new 2.0 update and I'm loving everything I'm reading, Sony is going in a good direction. Now the hacker in me noticed they're implementing being able to upload music from a USB device, now reading this set off a flag in my head (as much as I would hate to see modded lobbies and annoying little kids thinking they're gods because they have a jail broken system, it's just the future.) We will see the PS4 jailbroken just as we will see an exploit occur on the xbone, there's excellent minds in the world. Now I'm thinking since they're allowing the option of uploading things with a USB, I'm thinking this is a (hopefully) easy entrance for a firmware exploit and hopefully it doesn't get out of hand and we can turn the PS4 into an excellent machine with some beautiful homebrew. Maybe I'm just crazy, but I'm going to look into it, how do you guys feel about the possibility of an exploit arising in the near future? And you other hackers, do you see this as being a possible entrance? (Maybe I actually have no idea what I'm doing) Smile Please keep the discussions civil.

Sent from my iPhone using NGU
12-19-2014, 02:36 AM #47
Prom1ses
Bounty hunter
Your best bet would be on WebKit (the web browser engine). Not for the entire thing, but as a way of getting your foot in the door. Its actually funny that a 2.5 year old webkit bug was shipped with the PS4... Sounds a lot like nintendo =). On that note, If I remember correctly, you can grep the webkit bug report portal for *patched* "Unauthorized-to-view" bugs. Then compare the bug number to the the commit comments on the git repository. comex mentioned this clever approach at 30c3 I believe. Webkit is huge and always has vulns being reported+patched.
12-19-2014, 07:21 AM #48
MartinModding
You talkin to me?
There wasn't a jailbreak for ps3 until 5-6 years after release am I wrong? PS4 Is still new so I doubt there will be one already
12-21-2014, 12:22 AM #49
Hitman2047
Gym leader
Been Proven Fake!
Originally posted by Jakes625 View Post
hostility has nothing to do with the intelligence of a being.

and we are not arguing. just having a convo

The following user thanked Hitman2047 for this useful post:

JAKE_1496
12-28-2014, 06:11 AM #50
Originally posted by ogpayne View Post
Hey guys I've just read the news for this new 2.0 update and I'm loving everything I'm reading, Sony is going in a good direction. Now the hacker in me noticed they're implementing being able to upload music from a USB device, now reading this set off a flag in my head (as much as I would hate to see modded lobbies and annoying little kids thinking they're gods because they have a jail broken system, it's just the future.) We will see the PS4 jailbroken just as we will see an exploit occur on the xbone, there's excellent minds in the world. Now I'm thinking since they're allowing the option of uploading things with a USB, I'm thinking this is a (hopefully) easy entrance for a firmware exploit and hopefully it doesn't get out of hand and we can turn the PS4 into an excellent machine with some beautiful homebrew. Maybe I'm just crazy, but I'm going to look into it, how do you guys feel about the possibility of an exploit arising in the near future? And you other hackers, do you see this as being a possible entrance? (Maybe I actually have no idea what I'm doing) Smile Please keep the discussions civil.

Sent from my iPhone using NGU

This may be possible like the chickhen exploit on PSP which uses photos to install a cfw
Last edited by hacking247 ; 01-14-2015 at 01:25 PM.
12-30-2014, 01:43 PM #51
mariokilla23
Vault dweller
Originally posted by MartinModding View Post
There wasn't a jailbreak for ps3 until 5-6 years after release am I wrong? PS4 Is still new so I doubt there will be one already

Geohot got it in three.
02-17-2015, 08:27 AM #52
ECDSA. Private token keys. Period.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo