02-26-2013, 01:10 AM #1
Keomo
Can’t trickshot me!
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); So yeah, enjoy having everything you say, do, and play be recorded all the time.

Also, apparently the PS4 will be linked up with facebook, so now everyone can send messages to the net about how they're currently using the bathroom while killing people in COD. Makes so much sense, originally gaming was a solo activity, but over the years its become some sort of social networking device as well....

I'd feel a lot more comfortable if my freaking controller didnt have a camera and microphone on it, why does the controller have all these things when i already have a mic coming with the box? Seriously what.

Also you can record your gameplay and stream it to the net, seems legit, but i'm still uncertain about these unnecessary social features that have been implemented... i believe they were added in to compete with the 360 audience, i expect more morons online to shout racial slurs over the internet while holding down the R1 button and aiming like idiots.

Tell me, is this really worth it?

The following 6 users groaned at Keomo for this awful post:

|C++|, Det0x, Hadenkin, James_Bond, l)ickToo$hort, NJN
02-27-2013, 08:23 PM #11
JP
Israeli/Palestinian Unity
The controller doesn't have a camera in it. It has an audio jack etc for a mic though.
02-27-2013, 08:39 PM #12
Mr.Kane
Greatness
Originally posted by Keomo View Post
So yeah, enjoy having everything you say, do, and play be recorded all the time.

Also, apparently the PS4 will be linked up with facebook, so now everyone can send messages to the net about how they're currently using the bathroom while killing people in COD. Makes so much sense, originally gaming was a solo activity, but over the years its become some sort of social networking device as well....

I'd feel a lot more comfortable if my freaking controller didnt have a camera and microphone on it, why does the controller have all these things when i already have a mic coming with the box? Seriously what.

Also you can record your gameplay and stream it to the net, seems legit, but i'm still uncertain about these unnecessary social features that have been implemented... i believe they were added in to compete with the 360 audience, i expect more morons online to shout racial slurs over the internet while holding down the R1 button and aiming like idiots.

Hopefully these can be disabled, I loved the good old days of my gameboy playing pokemon all day, or my PS2 playing NFS or KH2. Such a simpler time.
02-27-2013, 08:43 PM #13
Keomo
Can’t trickshot me!
Originally posted by Mr.Kane View Post
Hopefully these can be disabled, I loved the good old days of my gameboy playing pokemon all day, or my PS2 playing NFS or KH2. Such a simpler time.

Tell me about it, people nowadays wouldnt understand when we refer to stuff like that.
02-27-2013, 08:51 PM #14
Mr.Kane
Greatness
Tell me about it, people nowadays wouldnt understand when we refer to stuff like that.

I know, I'm only 16 and I miss having a gameboy, thank fuck my iphone has a GBA emulator so I can play my old pokemon games
02-27-2013, 08:54 PM #15
Keomo
Can’t trickshot me!
Originally posted by Mr.Kane View Post
I know, I'm only 16 and I miss having a gameboy, thank fuck my iphone has a GBA emulator so I can play my old pokemon games

You dont like the newer more farmy multiplayer DS ones? I heard they were really good... well thats what i heard anyway....
02-27-2013, 08:56 PM #16
Mr.Kane
Greatness
You dont like the newer more farmy multiplayer DS ones? I heard they were really good... well thats what i heard anyway....

I used to have a DS and played up to HG SS then gave up, the GBA ones were better, especially the rom hacks. i don't play them much but they kill time on a boring day
02-27-2013, 09:28 PM #17
Dman93
Crawl to your cross
So yeah, enjoy having everything you say, do, and play be recorded all the time.

This seems like some conspiracy theory shit. I doubt very much sony care what you are doing enough to record you. Also you don't like the social part why get it or even link it up in the first place. Also the controller does not have a camera and the camera is the ps4 eye, not part of the controller. Like it or not multiplayer and social things are what sell consoles.

The following user thanked Dman93 for this useful post:

Keomo
02-27-2013, 09:31 PM #18

Well im Proud to Say Screw Sony Hard

The following user thanked I'm Rudi for this useful post:

Keomo
02-27-2013, 10:42 PM #19
xLew--
Former Staff
Its all over the place man, do your own research, theres a thing called google.

Also, word on the street is that they released a patent for the technology, it reads your heartrate and a bunch of other things, kinda like SOP from MGS4, Kojima has dreaded this day... the day where people lose more and more of their privacy and are constantly monitored... Actually i too have dreaded this myself...

Basically, find something that clearly says in print "There will be no biometric scanners on the PS4" if you cant do that, then im going to assume that my sources are correct, and your counterargument invalid. I have also heard rumors about this over the internet for years- before the PS4 was even exposed to the public, but now more of this info is all over the place... so....

Also with sony's- and the worlds- behavior and also taking into account they are competing with microsoft- also adding in facebook and the way the internet is working recently- Its safe to assume that they are going to, also isn't there a CLEAR picture of the controller and the SCANNER where it takes place? Again- please refer yourself to google.

/Facepalm

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo