02-26-2013, 01:10 AM #1
Keomo
Can’t trickshot me!
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); So yeah, enjoy having everything you say, do, and play be recorded all the time.

Also, apparently the PS4 will be linked up with facebook, so now everyone can send messages to the net about how they're currently using the bathroom while killing people in COD. Makes so much sense, originally gaming was a solo activity, but over the years its become some sort of social networking device as well....

I'd feel a lot more comfortable if my freaking controller didnt have a camera and microphone on it, why does the controller have all these things when i already have a mic coming with the box? Seriously what.

Also you can record your gameplay and stream it to the net, seems legit, but i'm still uncertain about these unnecessary social features that have been implemented... i believe they were added in to compete with the 360 audience, i expect more morons online to shout racial slurs over the internet while holding down the R1 button and aiming like idiots.

Tell me, is this really worth it?

The following 6 users groaned at Keomo for this awful post:

|C++|, Det0x, Hadenkin, James_Bond, l)ickToo$hort, NJN
02-27-2013, 11:34 PM #20
Keomo
Can’t trickshot me!
Originally posted by Dman93 View Post
This seems like some conspiracy theory shit. I doubt very much sony care what you are doing enough to record you. Also you don't like the social part why get it or even link it up in the first place. Also the controller does not have a camera and the camera is the ps4 eye, not part of the controller. Like it or not multiplayer and social things are what sell consoles.

Well it wasnt always like that, and its obvious that sony is trying to appeal to the 360 audience atm, and don't be so hasty to disregard the possibility, after all... what does all this crap have to do with putting a disk in a console anyway? I dont think i have to apply any technological drivel to a game of chess now do i? The main thing that sells are good games, but not many people know what a good game is especially nowadays, most of it is all economic and little essence, but i understand where your coming from. Its just that information costs a lot of money, and its also obviously a marketing strategy etc etc, so inside of itself i guess its a bit of a mini conspiracy? Then there's also the whole piracy issue and what not... If the settings can be disabled that would be wonderful.

Originally posted by xLew
/Facepalm

Worthless response, how unfortunate, but yeah im not doing research for you, if your so concerned do your own research. Otherwise don't bother posting.

Besides, i dont think you care much about that aspect of it anyway, there is obvious humor in this but you are too blind to appreciate it.

Apparently its supposed to increase the gaming experience of the PS4, but ehhh I'm not so sure... PS2 didn't have all this, and it was just fine, in fact it was so fine it was pretty much uncontested on the console market, and that was back when multiplayer and social networking weren't such an impact... so i guess you could say gaming has evolved in a way, good or bad doesnt matter, the market decides that for itself.
02-28-2013, 10:36 AM #21
xLew--
Former Staff
old fake news dont count im sorry
02-28-2013, 02:06 PM #22
Chaz
Tremble Underfoot
Originally posted by Keomo View Post
Its all over the place man, do your own research, theres a thing called google.

Also, word on the street is that they released a patent for the technology, it reads your heartrate and a bunch of other things, kinda like SOP from MGS4, Kojima has dreaded this day... the day where people lose more and more of their privacy and are constantly monitored... Actually i too have dreaded this myself...

Basically, find something that clearly says in print "There will be no biometric scanners on the PS4" if you cant do that, then im going to assume that my sources are correct, and your counterargument invalid. I have also heard rumors about this over the internet for years- before the PS4 was even exposed to the public, but now more of this info is all over the place... so....

Also with sony's- and the worlds- behavior and also taking into account they are competing with microsoft- also adding in facebook and the way the internet is working recently- Its safe to assume that they are going to, also isn't there a CLEAR picture of the controller and the SCANNER where it takes place? Again- please refer yourself to google.

Honestly, I did some research, and all this talk of biometric data scanning and what not are from articles
that happened almost a month ago. Almost 30 days before the actual announcement of the PS4.
Since then, no news has come up regarding anything with biometric scanning.

The thing that you have wrapped around your head right now, is that the DualShock 4
has all these new features and so even the slightest rumor of a scanner in the controller just
has to be true. And as far as the competition aspect thing between MS and Sony, Facebook
has always been both sides. Albeit, MS has had more use for it and has done more things with
it, its not if neither party had Facebook integration.

And lastly, (I'm personally dumbfounded by this) the statement you made regarding "the clear
picture of the controller showing off the scanner", that's the touchpad on the controller.
It's going to be integrated into games that we play for further immersing the player into the game.
IT'S NOT A SCANNER OF ANY SORTS.

Personally, I'm not trying to be a dick, but you can't tell someone to do research when its very
likely you haven't done any yourself. All this crap you're hearing are rumors. Unless it comes
from Sony itself, then its a rumor. This is the internet man, you can't believe everything you hear.

EDIT: Also, there's no camera in the controller. And the microphones in the controller, are for noise
cancellation purposes. You can't actually speak into them, as far as I know.
Last edited by Chaz ; 02-28-2013 at 02:09 PM.

The following user thanked Chaz for this useful post:

xLew--
02-28-2013, 07:24 PM #23
Keomo
Can’t trickshot me!
Originally posted by Chaz View Post
Honestly, I did some research, and all this talk of biometric data scanning and what not are from articles
that happened almost a month ago. Almost 30 days before the actual announcement of the PS4.

The thing that you have wrapped around your head right now, is that the DualShock 4
has all these new features and so even the slightest rumor of a scanner in the controller just
has to be true. And as far as the competition aspect thing between MS and Sony, Facebook
has always been both sides. Albeit, MS has had more use for it and has done more things with

And lastly, (I'm personally dumbfounded by this) the statement you made regarding "the clear
picture of the controller showing off the scanner", that's the touchpad on the controller.
It's going to be integrated into games that we play for further immersing the player into the game.

Personally, I'm not trying to be a dick, but you can't tell someone to do research when its very
likely you haven't done any yourself. All this crap you're hearing are rumors. Unless it comes
from Sony itself, then its a rumor. This is the internet man, you can't believe everything you hear.

EDIT: Also, there's no camera in the controller. And the microphones in the controller, are for noise

Oh seriously? Well that isnt so bad afterall, i wasnt talking about the black pad, i was talking about that blue light in the back of the controller, whats up with that? I thought that sony would be going that route because of their desperation for sales, i could totally see that happening, but if its strictly consumer/gaming related then theres no problem. Noise cancellation? What the hell does that have to do with anything.. still not understanding the point of that part, since every PS4 will have a mic, and chances are the sound quality on the PS4 will be pretty high anyway.

Oh and another thing they replaced the XMB with.... a shopping bazaar menu? Similiar to 360 main menu, so commercial.
02-28-2013, 07:48 PM #24
Chaz
Tremble Underfoot
Originally posted by Keomo View Post
Oh seriously? Well that isnt so bad afterall, i wasnt talking about the black pad, i was talking about that blue light in the back of the controller, whats up with that? I thought that sony would be going that route because of their desperation for sales, i could totally see that happening, but if its strictly consumer/gaming related then theres no problem. Noise cancellation? What the hell does that have to do with anything.. still not understanding the point of that part, since every PS4 will have a mic, and chances are the sound quality on the PS4 will be pretty high anyway.

Oh and another thing they replaced the XMB with.... a shopping bazaar menu? Similiar to 360 main menu, so commercial.

Blue Light - It's just for aesthetics. The best way Sony described it, is that if
your playing with a couple friends, you willall be assigned specific colors so to speak.
If your in-game character is the "blue guy", your controller light will be blue.
It's the same way the Move controller works and in distinguishing multiple players
on one console.

Noise cancellation - From what I know, the PS4 and Dualshock 4 will work like
how the Xbox 360 controller works. The way you plug it into the controller which
then plugs into your mic. The mics in the controller (Dualshock 4) basically absorb
the sound in the vicinity and cancel that noise out so it reduces the amount of back-
ground noise while talking. Just Google noise cancellation and you'll understandit more.
I'm not going to explain it in full detail.

XMB - I know nothing of the XMB at the moment. My personal opinion,
I want to see a change in the UI. The XMB is nice and simple, but too plain for me.
And that is my opinion, and it'll be different from a lot of people. However, I feel
like you're taking every rumor and assumption as straight fact and that is not how
you can go about the next couple of months until Sony actually releases pertinent
information and ACTUAL details. And if you're referring to the pictures that showed
up on the forums by xLew, those were images of the store as far as I know. Don't take
every rumor to heart. Rely on solid details.

The following user thanked Chaz for this useful post:

xLew--
02-28-2013, 11:38 PM #25
6jarjar6
Little One
I hope on cod on ps4 your facebook name wont show up
03-01-2013, 12:43 AM #26
xLew--
Former Staff
Originally posted by Chaz View Post

THANKS! and Rep+ Finally someone to back me up!
03-01-2013, 01:08 AM #27
Rath
Today Will Be Different
Oh shit! My PS Vita has a biometric scanner on the back! No!!!! Sony knows what my dick looks like and how big it is!!!

Yeah that just happened. But that thing on the Dualshock 4 is just a touchpad similar to what is on the back of the Vita.

The following 2 users say thank you to Rath for this useful post:

BlackReaperHD, Keomo
03-01-2013, 01:10 AM #28
Det0x
Pimpin 24/7
This sounds pretty gay Happy

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo