06-26-2010, 11:42 PM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); okay everybody ive been looking into this damn xp modding for red dead on ps3. ive come up with a few things and i might have progressed a little further. i found a post from You must login or register to view this content.

His thread was about how to update the checksum on mw2 after you edit the files. so i used this for read dead and it fixed the checksum for my edited file but now ive ran into another problem. im level 20 1st legendary and for some reason it will not find my exp. im thinkin i need to find my total xp from before i went legend. im still not sure though. if someone wants to join me in doing this and trying to get this modding working let me know. i will keep working on this every now and then but i do want to figure this out. hope to get help and i will credit you. thank you everyone Smile

oh and heres the link to the thread by Michael if you want to see how you update the checksum after updating the files..

You must login or register to view this content.

IDEA: maybe if someone sends me their multiplayer data and i put my checksum in it instead of theres we can get it to work. instead of hacking the file we can just spread one around. just an idea
Last edited by iiB1SH0Pii ; 06-26-2010 at 11:54 PM. Reason: update
06-27-2010, 05:58 AM #11
Originally posted by dogman1342 View Post
we need someone to waste about a whole week adding up all the kills they get during rdr and all the exp they get so we can have a certain number tehn hack from there

not necessarily,
the game records how much exp you have earned. but what i think it does is when you prestige it says you have zero exp but still has your past total exp in its file.

---------- Post added at 01:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:17 AM ----------

hey everyone i made some progress. so i found this forum You must login or register to view this content.

i downloaded it and i loaded it up. this time it didnt give me a corrupt error this time but it didnt work still. it loaded up though. which is good news. i put the param.pfd and the param.sfo files in this time. that is what made it load. so to be able to do this we need those files too. ill keep you guys updated.
06-27-2010, 11:16 AM #12
Aule
{([<Milk>])}
Originally posted by fallentrooper View Post
okay everybody ive been looking into this damn xp modding for red dead on ps3. ive come up with a few things and i might have progressed a little further. i found a post from You must login or register to view this content.

His thread was about how to update the checksum on mw2 after you edit the files. so i used this for read dead and it fixed the checksum for my edited file but now ive ran into another problem. im level 20 1st legendary and for some reason it will not find my exp. im thinkin i need to find my total xp from before i went legend. im still not sure though. if someone wants to join me in doing this and trying to get this modding working let me know. i will keep working on this every now and then but i do want to figure this out. hope to get help and i will credit you. thank you everyone Smile

oh and heres the link to the thread by Michael if you want to see how you update the checksum after updating the files..

IDEA: maybe if someone sends me their multiplayer data and i put my checksum in it instead of theres we can get it to work. instead of hacking the file we can just spread one around. just an idea

Hey, I was trying this idea out about 2 weeks ago. I didn't seem to get anywhere, I could find and edit my exp, update the checksum, but when I go to load it's corrupt.

I'm not legendary, but if you go through your stats, you can find your exact exp.
06-27-2010, 03:36 PM #13
What if you were to take all multiplayer saves off your PS3 so it has to make a new one where you are level one. Then set up a private free roam and invite a trusted friend and kill him 10 times or something and track how much xp you have earned. Then try to find it in the save file.
06-27-2010, 04:58 PM #14
Skity Panda
Save Point
Originally posted by fallentrooper View Post
not necessarily,
the game records how much exp you have earned. but what i think it does is when you prestige it says you have zero exp but still has your past total exp in its file.

---------- Post added at 01:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:17 AM ----------

hey everyone i made some progress. so i found this forum You must login or register to view this content.

i downloaded it and i loaded it up. this time it didnt give me a corrupt error this time but it didnt work still. it loaded up though. which is good news. i put the param.pfd and the param.sfo files in this time. that is what made it load. so to be able to do this we need those files too. ill keep you guys updated.

So to load other people's multiplayer data you need the param files from them aswell?
06-27-2010, 07:01 PM #15
Originally posted by Plasmaxyz View Post
What if you were to take all multiplayer saves off your PS3 so it has to make a new one where you are level one. Then set up a private free roam and invite a trusted friend and kill him 10 times or something and track how much xp you have earned. Then try to find it in the save file.

i will try this sometime today. and also maybe when you edit something it changes the param file also. so you would have to update the checksum of all the files inside of the multiplayer folder. hmmm just a thought..

Originally posted by Skity
So to load other people's multiplayer data you need the param files from them aswell?

well in a way yes. when i just had the game save i would start up the game load it but it always came up corrupt. when i had the param files it didnt come up corrupt. it said the whole"this is someone elses save and you will not be able to unlock any trophies do you wish to continue?" id continue but when i would get to multiplayer my character would be level one...
06-27-2010, 07:53 PM #16
GGT
Fully Powered Gamer
anyone know where i can find a hex to float converter ?
06-27-2010, 08:03 PM #17
Originally posted by GGT View Post
anyone know where i can find a hex to float converter ?

here ya go

follow these instructions
06-27-2010, 08:05 PM #18
GGT
Fully Powered Gamer
this is float to hex how do i make it the other way around ?
06-27-2010, 08:07 PM #19
nooo its float to hex just follow the instructions from the thread

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo