06-26-2010, 11:42 PM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); okay everybody ive been looking into this damn xp modding for red dead on ps3. ive come up with a few things and i might have progressed a little further. i found a post from You must login or register to view this content.

His thread was about how to update the checksum on mw2 after you edit the files. so i used this for read dead and it fixed the checksum for my edited file but now ive ran into another problem. im level 20 1st legendary and for some reason it will not find my exp. im thinkin i need to find my total xp from before i went legend. im still not sure though. if someone wants to join me in doing this and trying to get this modding working let me know. i will keep working on this every now and then but i do want to figure this out. hope to get help and i will credit you. thank you everyone Smile

oh and heres the link to the thread by Michael if you want to see how you update the checksum after updating the files..

You must login or register to view this content.

IDEA: maybe if someone sends me their multiplayer data and i put my checksum in it instead of theres we can get it to work. instead of hacking the file we can just spread one around. just an idea
Last edited by iiB1SH0Pii ; 06-26-2010 at 11:54 PM. Reason: update
06-30-2010, 06:12 PM #47
stocko
Gunner Stocko(RA)
Originally posted by stocko View Post
i just used a 360 save editor on a ps3 save just out of curiosity and it didnt corrupt the save and was usable on my ps3 but the save didnt work on RDR but i was able to change my account ID with it on the save and this did work but golden guns level 50 5th legend and other stuff didnt. Would the game save editor just need a little tweeking to make it work fully with a ps3 version of the game because the fact the save wasnt corupted after editing it seems like more proggress than most are gertting with hex editor "just a suggestion"

all i had to do to edit the save was change the name of the RAGE.sav file to RDR2MPSAVE.sav then change it back when finished and it must have changed something to because after i tried it on ps3 i put it back on my pc and the data was all the same im going to try and bypass RDR to see if the save worked and my patched RDR is recognising the mod

i posted this in the other section sorry .. quoted myself here
06-30-2010, 07:09 PM #48
Goldberg1
Vault dweller
Wow would be cool if anyone could go through with this.
06-30-2010, 07:40 PM #49
i posted this in the other section sorry .. quoted myself here

hmmmmm im gonna try that and do some tweaking to the file. ill let you know what happens
06-30-2010, 07:47 PM #50
stocko
Gunner Stocko(RA)
The save still didnt work when i used it without the patch on ps3 sorry :(

wish i knew how to use C+++ to modify the .exe to try and work out whats different its still good that it doesnt corrupt the save everytime ive tried to mod it with hex editir its always come back as corrupt
06-30-2010, 08:25 PM #51
so i used the editor and found "profile id" "console id" and "device id" i then found those when i opened up hex workshop. i think we need these when we are hacking the file. someone let me know what you think
06-30-2010, 08:58 PM #52
stocko
Gunner Stocko(RA)
Originally posted by fallentrooper View Post
so i used the editor and found "profile id" "console id" and "device id" i then found those when i opened up hex workshop. i think we need these when we are hacking the file. someone let me know what you think

I did change the ID's to match mine and the save was recognised as mine even tho it was from another profile seems that was the only part of the editor that worked for me bcos the save didnt but i didnt get the "this save belongs to another profile message"
06-30-2010, 09:05 PM #53
I did change the ID's to match mine and the save was recognised as mine even tho it was from another profile seems that was the only part of the editor that worked for me bcos the save didnt but i didnt get the "this save belongs to another profile message"

hmmmm i might have an idea but ill try it later. use that link i posted to that mw2 resigner. its called like ccrbrute or something like that. because i think you might have to change those ids around. ill try it myself soon
06-30-2010, 09:11 PM #54
Aule
{([<Milk>])}
It's called brutecrc32, I am trying that as I type this. I'll post back.
06-30-2010, 09:44 PM #55
Originally posted by Aule View Post
It's called brutecrc32, I am trying that as I type this. I'll post back.

sorry :/

alright thank you im trying to right now

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo