Post: Why the Xbox is better than the PS3 (in my opinion)
08-20-2011, 11:04 PM #1
.Robot
Banned
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); I saw a thread today. It upset me :carling:

The thread was explaining in HIGH detail why the PS3 is better than the Xbox 360. If he gets to create a thread defending the PS3, I have the right to defend the Xbox 360. I am going to address all the statements he made

Here we go =D

1. The newer Xbox's don't get the red ring of death. The only way you can get the red ring of death on a newer console is if you keep it in a box with no air.

2. PS3 games have better graphics? Yes but do game developers care? **** no. A game like Call of Duty or Resident Evil don't care about the graphic differences. Each game on both consoles are the same. No difference! Now, a game developed JUST for the PS3 like Uncharted has to meet the PS3's graphic limit because it was made just for the PS3. In reality, most people will be playing Call of Duty, not Uncharted.

3. To be honest, blue ray movies are incredible. Nuff' said. Xbox can't beat the blue ray aspect of the PS3.

4. Yes, batteries are expensive and the Xbox controller runs on batteries. You can buy a new Xbox controller and a rechargeable battery pack for $70. The controller is 10x better than the PS3's when you get used to it.

5. Xbox Live VS PSN. Having free mutiplayer is cool. I like the idea but when you pay for Xbox Live, you get what you pay for. Xbox Live is incredible!
Xbox Live has-

-Zune
-Games on Demand
-Party chat
-Private Chat
-Voice messages
-Better security

6. The Xbox's exclusives are better than PS3's exclusives. Halo and Gears of War can easily beat any PS3 exclusive. I must admit, Uncharted is very good and might be the only competition on PS3's side.

7. Even though the PS3 has full 1080P, most games don't reach the limit. Crysis 2 does but it is full 1080P on Xbox too so there isn't much a difference there.

This thread was written %100 by me, .Robot.
I am not calling out anyone, I am just speaking my mind. Feel free to ask me anything.

That is all.
/End Rant
<3

The following 10 users say thank you to .Robot for this useful post:

Encopresis, Grumpy, jonnyman69, kleszyk, Laney, MikeyCapp, s0ph0r, Sweets, Cory, xXPolojackXx

The following 18 users groaned at .Robot for this awful post:

aBoss, Abtean, Agent Wolf, Alexis Rhodes, Anthony., atifI0, Awayze, Calebbeast, EZ., Implicit, jannu22, Judgement, LINUX♥, Mr. Slim, NoobfromDK, Null ReacT, redraiderark, Spectre.
08-21-2011, 02:35 AM #11
Chaz
Tremble Underfoot
plain and simple its all about preference/opinion. theres no superior console.
08-21-2011, 02:44 AM #12
EZ.
< ^ > < ^ >
:lol: No problem that you are defending the xbox and all but these console wars are retarded IMO

Both consoles are good if only they had sex and had a baby, PERFECT CONSOLE.

Also the controller thing is all opinion :P

here's how i see it

Online: xbox
Tech specs: PS3
Games: all opinion but i'd say xbox
Interface: all opinion but i'd say xbox
Over all price: ps3 is cheaper i'm sure
08-21-2011, 02:48 AM #13
Millz
Worth the Weight
Originally posted by .Robot View Post
Cool. In the next few days, I am going to be doing a premium giveaway and you will be on my list. It's free. You don't need to do anything but show me why you would like to be a premium member.

Oh, alright. Thanks for the heads up! =D
08-21-2011, 03:03 AM #14
DiJiTaLGoDz
Former Staff
The first thread about ps3s was more detailed because it was giving facts rather than opinions. It all comes down to what you as a person enjoy more. As a console, the ps3 is superior in many ways, but there are alot of features about the xbox that will drive you to play it rather than a playstation. For me, its mainly halo. One opinion that i would like to share though -> the xbox controllers are by far JUNK. They are too big and bulky, and when i play for a long session, they make my right hand sore. That is just my opinion and everybody has a different opinion. Cool Man (aka Tustin)

Oh, and for the call of duty part of your thread.. this is because they create it on xbox because microsoft has an agreement with them so the gameplay is alot better on that console. If they coded it for playstation and ported it to xbox, it would be better on playstation, and thats a fact - not opinion.
Last edited by DiJiTaLGoDz ; 08-21-2011 at 03:05 AM.

The following 7 users say thank you to DiJiTaLGoDz for this useful post:

atifI0, Implicit, jannu22, Millz, pspdoggy1, Rip The Jacker, sAmIzErE
08-21-2011, 05:00 AM #15
diabls
Keeper
I use to prefer PS, but now I just love the xbox. dunno why.
08-21-2011, 10:14 AM #16
Another fanboy post. Neither console is better than the other, the only difference is that the xbox might do some things better than the PS3 but the PS3 does things better than the 360. Its time for you too grow up and stop living in your little 360 fanboy bubble as its a choice as to which console you want. I have have friends on both consoles and I have both a PS3 and and 360.
08-22-2011, 02:21 PM #17
Astro Zombie
professional lurker
wow another console war starting thread. maybe i should go to the nintendo section and make a Why the Wii is the best system thread. play the dam games enjoy them and move on if you don't like the console dont buy it. your defending a piece of plastic. are you people that insecure with your consumer choices to feel the need to back them up.
08-22-2011, 02:34 PM #18
jonnyman69
Nate Haskall
Originally posted by .Robot View Post
I saw a thread today. It upset me :carling:

The thread was explaining in HIGH detail why the PS3 is better than the Xbox 360. If he gets to create a thread defending the PS3, I have the right to defend the Xbox 360. I am going to address all the statements he made

Here we go =D

1. The newer Xbox's don't get the red ring of death. The only way you can get the red ring of death on a newer console is if you keep it in a box with no air.

2. PS3 games have better graphics? Yes but do game developers care? **** no. A game like Call of Duty or Resident Evil don't care about the graphic differences. Each game on both consoles are the same. No difference! Now, a game developed JUST for the PS3 like Uncharted has to meet the PS3's graphic limit because it was made just for the PS3. In reality, most people will be playing Call of Duty, not Uncharted.

3. To be honest, blue ray movies are incredible. Nuff' said. Xbox can't beat the blue ray aspect of the PS3.

4. Yes, batteries are expensive and the Xbox controller runs on batteries. You can buy a new Xbox controller and a rechargeable battery pack for $70. The controller is 10x better than the PS3's when you get used to it.

5. Xbox Live VS PSN. Having free mutiplayer is cool. I like the idea but when you pay for Xbox Live, you get what you pay for. Xbox Live is incredible!
Xbox Live has-

-Zune
-Games on Demand
-Party chat
-Private Chat
-Voice messages
-Better security

6. The Xbox's exclusives are better than PS3's exclusives. Halo and Gears of War can easily beat any PS3 exclusive. I must admit, Uncharted is very good and might be the only competition on PS3's side.

7. Even though the PS3 has full 1080P, most games don't reach the limit. Crysis 2 does but it is full 1080P on Xbox too so there isn't much a difference there.

This thread was written %100 by me, .Robot.
I am not calling out anyone, I am just speaking my mind. Feel free to ask me anything.

That is all.
/End Rant
<3

i fully agree with this, i used to be all about the ps3, and when mine broke recently i went out and got an xbox and havent regretted it since.
08-22-2011, 02:39 PM #19
Mezzid
< ^ > < ^ >
If a Game gets coded on Ps3 it's 10 times better then when ported from xbox ;/

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo