08-03-2009, 04:23 AM #1
N4lyfe
Haxor!
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Ive been reported at least 3 times for using the UFO mod. Im a little worried I might get my IP address banned from PSN. Then again theres a modder or 2 in every match you go into. Do you think IW would ban half the people playing online?... or do you think they'll just patch it and take no action for the thousands of people who modded within the past week?
08-03-2009, 10:54 AM #20
patrck_1996
Save Point
yesterday sum1 said the worked for sony and they were gonna ban me and today some1 said the worked for activision and they were gonna ban me
guess wat, im still im still playing and hacking!
08-03-2009, 11:00 AM #21
Originally posted by N4lyfe View Post
@ DeathPixie
I have no intention to flame I just have some serious questions
1) What are my chances that my IP would get banned?
2) would Sony really want to lose tens of thousands of consumers? and hurt both the sales of them and the game developers. Thats money out of their pockets IMO
3) Given the amount of UFO modders, wouldn't a patch be enough?... only around 10% of the people using the mods know what they were doing when they hacked their Game Save, the other 90% depended on tutorials. So, with that said this mod was simply too easy to do to punish every single person

No problem - I'm not trying to troll either Smile

I'll try and answer your questions:

1. In reality minimal - they may just ban PSN ID's or reset your Game Account to Level 1. It is techncially possible to ban by IP though.
2. In reality the number of hackers to non-hackers is very small (even though it seems like every other player is a hacker at the minute), so it wouln't be that great a loss. Also don't forget it is in Activision's interest to clear this situation up and show that justice has been done, otherwise they risk losing customers for their new games (e.g. MW2)
3. In truth a patch might be enough - they may take no further action, however (forgetting my stance on hacking for a moment), even if I were a hacker, I wouldn't take the risk. No PSN for 3 months!?! I couldn't cope!!
08-03-2009, 11:02 AM #22
can sum 1 tell my were i could find how to do ufo hack
08-03-2009, 11:05 AM #23
Originally posted by staffbull55 View Post
can sum 1 tell my were i could find how to do ufo hack

:confused:
08-03-2009, 11:05 AM #24
I'll have an update regarding a permanent fix once we get back in the studio. (via @fourzerotwo)
about 3 hours ago from Tweetie

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Doing some late night headhunting on PSN and Xbox Live. Taking down gamertags / PSN IDs exploiting the COD 4 UFO hack. (via @fourzerotwo)
about 4 hours ago from CoTweet

You must login or register to view this content.

lol Better not let them catchhhh u Lmao Smile Thanks god freaking Fa***** doing ufo hack going to get baned Smile yaya
08-03-2009, 11:12 AM #25
i no wat ur sayin but people make new accounts if there going to hack so if u get banned it not ur best account wat gets banned
08-03-2009, 12:26 PM #26
Well that's true - but why hack in the first place then? It would make some kind of sense if you wanted to complete a few challenges or improve your stats, but if you lose the account, you lose all those benefits anyway. Hacking seems completely pointless to me...
08-03-2009, 04:26 PM #27
+crazy
R.I.P +cK
Originally posted by tenerifekid View Post
i only hacked it to make it fair again so they dont wreck me like a pussy and then

i got the same and cant get online anymore

i went to a friend and got his ps and i use his acount now. but i got an email saying got 30 days ban from psn can they do it is it legal because i could do ,to the game anythink i want, i buy it ,so is mine so is my ps if i want to hak it i do it

this is my propety.

I'm pretty sure (not 100%) that doing the hack is illegal just for the simple fact it's not just a glitch. You have to manipulate the software with a 3rd party program. Yeah you bought the game and you own it but IW owns the rights to that game and all of it's contents.
You can just make a new account if you do happen to get banned though. The worst they can do is IP ban you but that doesn't matter I don't think as long as you connect on a router (router IP is default 192.168.1.1) so that means everyone would be banned thats on a wireless if they banned that IP.
08-03-2009, 04:42 PM #28
Actually the worst they can do is MAC ban you, that means they ban the MAC code of your PS3 (a unique serial number for each ps3), then you will never get that console online again with any account. Google it if you don't believe me.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo