08-03-2009, 04:23 AM #1
N4lyfe
Haxor!
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Ive been reported at least 3 times for using the UFO mod. Im a little worried I might get my IP address banned from PSN. Then again theres a modder or 2 in every match you go into. Do you think IW would ban half the people playing online?... or do you think they'll just patch it and take no action for the thousands of people who modded within the past week?
08-04-2009, 02:28 PM #56
Originally posted by DeathPixie View Post
True enough, and it's certainly worth them investigating/patching CoD4 as I'm sure it will invaluable in determining any weaknesses/potential exploits in the new game.

Hmm interesting - and if it is happening, then I for one am happy - If it were up to me I'd ban them all for a minimum of 3 months.

Happy

PS - what clan are you in? I'm clanless at the moment...

If it was up to me, I would ban indefinitely. If they hack once, what stops them from doing it again if an exploit is release again or in any future releases?
08-04-2009, 02:36 PM #57
Originally posted by Insertion View Post
Everyone in this thread is going a little far with this whole thing. We are talking about a VIDEO GAME on a GLITCHING WEBSITE. First off, anyone reporting anyone for doing this stuff is just a glorified SNITCH. You don't like the hacker's flying around, LEAVE THE GAME or play something else (an outdoor sport such as basketball sounds good, so you can get in shape to possibly find a girlfriend so you can stop obsessing about COD all the time) Yes, I know your argument " Hackers made it so I can't play anymore. " We are not the only ones to blame here, Infinity Ward made the game hackable. It's not like it was a hard hack, either. Mod a game save for 2 minutes and you can fly around in ranked games, easy as that. Ask Infinity Ward to stop screwing up your precious game. What do you stand to gain by reporting people? IW already knows there's a problem and I'm sure they are working on a way to fix it. And if reported people get banned as a result of SNITCHING, you just ruined their gaming experience by taddle taling on them, so is that being "the better man" or "doing the right thing"? The answer is NO, you are just as bad as us. I bet if half or 75% of the whiners could figure out how to do the hack, they would stop CRYING to IW "please fix my precious game."

In closing, this seems to be a common theme in modern day youth. Kids are getting smarter and figuring out ways to do these types of hacks / mods. There's not much anyone can do to stop this, but reporting fellow gamers for doing this seems harsh. Let the people who get paid to work for IW worry about fixing problems and reporting so-called "cheaters." The last place in the world to try to win this argument is in a glitching website, by the way.

THANK YOU!!! People are really getting stressed out over this...besides if they payed $60 and they should get to do what they want with it shouldnt "hackers" get to do what they want with it? Just becuase you want to use the game how YOU want to why cant others use it how THEY want to? I mean really if they are "ruining your game" well then your "ruining their game" by reporting them like little pussys and most people who report are just jealous that they have no idea how to do it!
08-04-2009, 02:38 PM #58
Default Avatar
JENKO74
could not of put it any better myself. cod4 is without doubt the greatest game of all time so why would these hackers want to ruin it.
08-04-2009, 02:39 PM #59
Everyone in this thread is going a little far with this whole thing. We are talking about a VIDEO GAME on a GLITCHING WEBSITE. First off, anyone reporting anyone for doing this stuff is just a glorified SNITCH. You don't like the hacker's flying around, LEAVE THE GAME or play something else (an outdoor sport such as basketball sounds good, so you can get in shape to possibly find a girlfriend so you can stop obsessing about COD all the time) Yes, I know your argument " Hackers made it so I can't play anymore. " We are not the only ones to blame here, Infinity Ward made the game hackable. It's not like it was a hard hack, either. Mod a game save for 2 minutes and you can fly around in ranked games, easy as that. Ask Infinity Ward to stop screwing up your precious game. What do you stand to gain by reporting people? IW already knows there's a problem and I'm sure they are working on a way to fix it. And if reported people get banned as a result of SNITCHING, you just ruined their gaming experience by taddle taling on them, so is that being "the better man" or "doing the right thing"? The answer is NO, you are just as bad as us. I bet if half or 75% of the whiners could figure out how to do the hack, they would stop CRYING to IW "please fix my precious game."

In closing, this seems to be a common theme in modern day youth. Kids are getting smarter and figuring out ways to do these types of hacks / mods. There's not much anyone can do to stop this, but reporting fellow gamers for doing this seems harsh. Let the people who get paid to work for IW worry about fixing problems and reporting so-called "cheaters." The last place in the world to try to win this argument is in a glitching website, by the way.

Just so you know, because you obviously know nothing about anyone on this board, I get out plenty. I have a wife, and a daughter, and I spend time with them a lot. I get exercise and I live a pretty normal life. However, when I'm up late, for whatever reason, and everyone has gone to bed, I sit down and play some Call of Duty with friends and teammates. And for me to go on and play 5 or 6 matches casually and see hackers flying around and just ruining my experience, that really just pisses me off.

Additionally, IW doesn't create a game to be purposely exploited. The people that you speak of that are not leaving the game and becoming active, these are the people that create these exploits. They sit in front of their computer rummaging through their saved game files looking for ways to hack. For people like me who play casually, and not obsessively, it makes the game extremely frustrating. And the people who exploit only do it to say "Oh, look what I did."

In the end, it's gonna get people extremely mad when they go to sign onto their PSN account and realize they've been caught doing something that's not only illegal, but extremely annoying to the obvious majority of people playing the game.

If people what to play games that they can fly around in and cheat til they can't cheat anymore, they need to develop their own game. IW didn't include an option in their menu for "Cheats" as we've seen in games of the past. If they wanted people to cheat, they would've included a cheat code section and given them out.
08-04-2009, 02:41 PM #60
First off, anyone reporting anyone for doing this stuff is just a glorified SNITCH.

Oh please, spare the schoolyard labels...
You don't like the hacker's flying around, LEAVE THE GAME or play something else

I shouldn't have to...that's tantamount to caving in to bullies.
Infinity Ward made the game hackable. It's not like it was a hard hack, either. Mod a game save for 2 minutes and you can fly around in ranked games, easy as that. Ask Infinity Ward to stop screwing up your precious game.

I tried to find the logic in your argument but failed. Just because there's a flaw in the design doesn't mean that this should automatically be exploited. As for the hack being easy, 99.9% of those using it simply copied the instructions from a website, they didn't work it out for themselves...I imagine this number includes you.
What do you stand to gain by reporting people? IW already knows there's a problem and I'm sure they are working on a way to fix it.

It was reporting the cheaters that got IW's attention you dummy. It has helped gain momentum behind IW creating a fix.
And if reported people get banned as a result of SNITCHING, you just ruined their gaming experience by taddle taling on them, so is that being "the better man" or "doing the right thing"?

Give me a break, your logic is absurd. So the cheaters get a ban - it's their own fault. If I witness a crime and don't report it, then just emboldens the criminals.
The answer is NO, you are just as bad as us. I bet if half or 75% of the whiners could figure out how to do the hack, they would stop CRYING to IW "please fix my precious game."

I really don't want to be a troll, but you are <FLAMING REMOVED> If I wanted to hack the game I could - the instructions are out there. I don't do it because I don't WANT to do it - an alien concept to you I'm sure. But we're not all cheaters.
Last edited by NP Carling26 ; 08-04-2009 at 03:55 PM.
08-04-2009, 02:43 PM #61
Originally posted by jon123321 View Post
THANK YOU!!! People are really getting stressed out over this...besides if they payed $60 and they should get to do what they want with it shouldnt "hackers" get to do what they want with it? Just becuase you want to use the game how YOU want to why cant others use it how THEY want to? I mean really if they are "ruining your game" well then your "ruining their game" by reporting them like little pussys and most people who report are just jealous that they have no idea how to do it!

Wow, are you really that dumb? It's not hard to hack the game. Anyone can do it if they follow directions. It's the fact that people like a challenge as opposed to being a bad sportsman and cheating. I don't know if you realized, but people don't sit there and argue in the rooms about, "Damn, how can I do that! I want do be able to fly around and get lots of kills." It usually goes something like, "Wow, that dumbs**t has nothing else better to do than ruin this game and piss us all off."
08-04-2009, 02:45 PM #62
Originally posted by eXplicit View Post
Wow, are you really that dumb?

Yes, I think he is...unfortunately not everyone is as articulate or honest as us...
08-04-2009, 02:50 PM #63
Originally posted by DeathPixie View Post
Yes, I think he is...unfortunately not everyone is as articulate or honest as us...

Or are motivated enough to gain skill in a game and EARN their ranking instead of cheating to make your ranks go up.
08-04-2009, 02:54 PM #64
Originally posted by eXplicit View Post
Or are motivated enough to gain skill in a game and EARN their ranking instead of cheating to make your ranks go up.

Absolutely - the ironic thing is, that most of the "hackers" I have come up against are actually pretty weak players - even with their updates. Only once have I seen one come top.

I am still playing online on occasion - I just make sure I have the Deep Impact perk active for the wall/crate campers. I'll be really glad when this is all over. I feel sorry for the less experienced players than me - they must find it a nightmare...

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo