02-22-2013, 08:26 PM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Hey guys, on Black ops 2 a lot of people use shotguns. It seems to me that shotguns give a lot of 1s1k i am not sure i would go so far as to say they are OP but they are for sure annoying as hell to die from. Just wondering do you guys think they are OP? should they be buffed ? Just comment your thoughts on the subject.
02-25-2013, 03:24 PM #20
-Skyline
Anonymous
Originally posted by Justice View Post
Anyone who could go from 42-3 to 3-20 has bigger issues than connection like his thumbs falling off...

I can be in a game with the rest of our group and easily get say 27-4 then in another game I can barely scrape 12-10!

Some games I'm trying to snipe and the other player I'm targeting just instantly jumps/lags out of my cross-hairs! It's EXTREMELY annoying.

Then you've got the shit-connection ballistic knife assholes, you CANNOT get more than 2 shots on them and they've already lagged their way round to you and you're dead... even though on his kill-cam he leaps about 10ft to stab me... totally legit.

The following user thanked -Skyline for this useful post:

Porter_Justice
02-25-2013, 03:54 PM #21
Porter_Justice
Cake is a lie
Originally posted by Skyline View Post
I can be in a game with the rest of our group and easily get say 27-4 then in another game I can barely scrape 12-10!

Some games I'm trying to snipe and the other player I'm targeting just instantly jumps/lags out of my cross-hairs! It's EXTREMELY annoying.

Then you've got the shit-connection ballistic knife assholes, you CANNOT get more than 2 shots on them and they've already lagged their way round to you and you're dead... even though on his kill-cam he leaps about 10ft to stab me... totally legit.

Agreed. I had a 17-24 game other day. But a 3-20? Especially after 42-3. The lag couldn't be THAT extreme and if it was I would quit by 0-9 or just sat in the back of the map crying lmao.
02-25-2013, 07:49 PM #22
Originally posted by Justice View Post
Shotguns take skill
Funniest shit I've read in awhile...thanks for the laugh bro.

Like you really have to aim with a shotgun. Point and shoot, no aim, no skill. End of discussion.
02-25-2013, 11:41 PM #23
Porter_Justice
Cake is a lie
Originally posted by casperlt1 View Post
Funniest shit I've read in awhile...thanks for the laugh bro.

Like you really have to aim with a shotgun. Point and shoot, no aim, no skill. End of discussion.

If you read the context of my post the point was shotguns are not overpowered because of their limited range and inconsistent damage.

I also stated that being GOOD with a shotgun takes actual skill and map knowledge. If they were so overpowered then 70% of the users wouldn't go negative with them.

Also you say no need to aim while also saying "point & shoot." Pointing and aiming are basically the same thing. The kill range of a shotgun is like 3-4 damn feet away so it's not like people hip fire across the map.

Lastly, every SMG and most AR can be hip fired just like a shotgun. Shotguns do what they're supposed to. You're basically discounting the cons that make shotguns bad and how terrible people do with them. Next time a guy one shots you with a KSG look at his score...
Last edited by Porter_Justice ; 02-25-2013 at 11:50 PM.
02-25-2013, 11:47 PM #24
-{OVOXO}-
PSN: awong_
We've gotten to the point where shotguns are OP'd....?

Shotguns, like most of the things in this game, are perfectly balanced. In fact, BO2 as a whole, in my opinion, is the most balanced CoD. (aside from a target finding fully auto FAL)
02-25-2013, 11:53 PM #25
Under Alts Bed
x x x x x x x x x x x x x
Originally posted by zackandjon View Post
It doesn't take me twenty to thirty shots to kill one guy, just the whole team several times before I die (most of them one hit kills).
I don't think they are are overpowered and even if they are what is to stop another person from picking up your weapon when you die...
The guns and other weapons are fine in my opinion... the only thing wrong with this game, and its a big thing, is that the Host is the winnner 90% of the time... that is f(&$in annoying. I just get over it and wait until I am host an have my fun otherwise it turns into:
Shoot the enemy from 3 feet, dead on headshot, and you miss 50% of the time...
This is in my own opinion how a person goes from 42 kills and 3 deaths to 3 kills and 20 deaths in one "Host Migration"... BS!!!!!!!!!!

Your logic of "whats to stop me picking up the weapon?" is silly, i won't pick it up because i like using other guns, If anything thats more of a problem, as it means im being forced to use a gun i dont like or would rather not use. And again, by that logic i could say to you, play Ground war, then host OP'ness wont have an effect because the odds are you wont run into them, or you certainly wont as much. No, because you want to play what you want, and similarly i want to use the guns i like as easily as any other gun.

I personally get very little enjoyment out of aiming roughly (and i mean roughly) in someones direction and pulling a trigger once to get a kill...

Also you misunderstood my comment of 20-30 shots, the point i was making is that the shotguns spray of pellets is like a spray of sniper bullets, and therefore a very unskillful way of "no-scoping" even though this is a very rough link, it gets the point across.

Originally posted by coho24 View Post
I have to say I’m left shaking my head when anyone talks about guns in BO 2 possibly being OP. There isn’t a single gun in this game that I would list in the top 15 or so in any other COD.

Because this game is dominated by SMG’s does not mean anyone of them is OP, it just means that all other guns are under powered……especially the shotguns.

I believe people are not use to being killed by anything other than a SMG so when it happens …….it’s just not acceptable.

If they nerf anything more in this game, they should just call it laser tag.

Again this is just my opinion that doesn’t seem to fall in agreement with the masses, which means it probably should be taken with a grain of salt.

I don't understand your logic? So SMG's aren't overpowered, but the other guns are underpowered? That is essentially saying you agree that guns are op. In relation to SMG's, guns are underpowered, Therefore in relation to other guns, the SMG's are OP.

And for the record, Shotguns aren't OP. The remington is OP.
Last edited by Under Alts Bed ; 02-25-2013 at 11:56 PM.
02-27-2013, 01:03 PM #26
Originally posted by uG
Your logic of "whats to stop me picking up the weapon?" is silly, i won't pick it up because i like using other guns, If anything thats more of a problem, as it means im being forced to use a gun i dont like or would rather not use. And again, by that logic i could say to you, play Ground war, then host OP'ness wont have an effect because the odds are you wont run into them, or you certainly wont as much. No, because you want to play what you want, and similarly i want to use the guns i like as easily as any other gun.

I personally get very little enjoyment out of aiming roughly (and i mean roughly) in someones direction and pulling a trigger once to get a kill...

Also you misunderstood my comment of 20-30 shots, the point i was making is that the shotguns spray of pellets is like a spray of sniper bullets, and therefore a very unskillful way of "no-scoping" even though this is a very rough link, it gets the point across.

I don't understand your logic? So SMG's aren't overpowered, but the other guns are underpowered? That is essentially saying you agree that guns are op. In relation to SMG's, guns are underpowered, Therefore in relation to other guns, the SMG's are OP.

And for the record, Shotguns aren't OP. The remington is OP.

Sorry for the delayed response but I have to say I consider myself fairly adapt at deductive logic......and you have me at a loss. If a gun class is not underpowered than logic suggests it has to be overpowered??? Really?
Let me rephrase, ALL guns in BO 2 are underpowered to include the SMG's, it's just map design makes the SMG's the class of preference.

For your reference, if in my original post I state that all guns in relation to SMG's are underpowered, that doesn't necessarily mean that SMG's are overpowered. There is another possibility.......just right.

The following user thanked coho24 for this useful post:

rockym56
02-27-2013, 05:56 PM #27
Melvin Peralta
Do a barrel roll!
They alll OP... It takes no skill to use a fucking shut gun in this damn game.. Take a look at mw3, take a Spas or a model, You really need skill to use them things, You would get hitmarkers here and there, now taking the usas-12, pretty beast but again, needed skills to use... Even taking the striker, you could even kill them and that shit shoots fast.. IDK man but in bo2 eveyone messes my dogs and shit w them, they are op, no skill needed to use.. Its like mw2 spas man, that shit was super op. this game is so trash, you have the target finders, them kids eat a whole mag and they still kill u, and dont even think of target finders with the fal and lmgs OMG. But if yall didnt know, this bitch david vonderhaar hates youtubers as u may kno, he hates those guys that kill over 150+ for youtube, he cares about competitive, $$$$$$$$$$$$$, he dont care about public match, look at this maps man full of headglitch spots, windows to camp, target finders to camp, bouncing betties and claymores for campers, he even buffed the ars and LMGs man like wtf, and nurffed SMGs w silencers like come on man wtf, this game is so trash that i swear i wont buy a tryarch game again, and when next cod comes out i wont be making my ass wait 5 hours like i always do, ill wait a few days and c what they put and how it runs. That bitch david has the balls to say the lag compensation issue isint true, that he doesnt lag when he plays... WTFFFFFFFF.. The most annoying game ive played to date man, from bo1 and below, all cods were the best, mw3 and bo2 w the lag compensation and op shit, at least mw3 was alright... But take a look, they just want money, what pro would use a target finder? or bouncing betty, or any bs in the game, or in mw3, final stand, deadmans hand, martydom, WTF man? Its all bullshit, they want the noobs to feel like thats the game for them, a pro game wont be like this, take a look at battlefield, dedicated servers, no bullshit in them, i mean im tired of cod, i loved cod since cod 2, now i hate it! Im looking for options.. Them guys at Respawn ( the ones activition fired, the ones that made Infinity ward and made activition;s ass to be where they at now) they said they showin something at e3 so i expect a fps game... I only play cod cus theres no other game to take its place! Rant done !

The following user groaned Melvin Peralta for this awful post:

Porter_Justice
02-27-2013, 06:05 PM #28
Originally posted by Melvin
They alll OP... It takes no skill to use a fucking shut gun in this damn game.. Take a look at mw3, take a Spas or a model, You really need skill to use them things, You would get hitmarkers here and there, now taking the usas-12, pretty beast but again, needed skills to use... Even taking the striker, you could even kill them and that shit shoots fast.. IDK man but in bo2 eveyone messes my dogs and shit w them, they are op, no skill needed to use.. Its like mw2 spas man, that shit was super op. this game is so trash, you have the target finders, them kids eat a whole mag and they still kill u, and dont even think of target finders with the fal and lmgs OMG. But if yall didnt know, this bitch david vonderhaar hates youtubers as u may kno, he hates those guys that kill over 150+ for youtube, he cares about competitive, $$$$$$$$$$$$$, he dont care about public match, look at this maps man full of headglitch spots, windows to camp, target finders to camp, bouncing betties and claymores for campers, he even buffed the ars and LMGs man like wtf, and nurffed SMGs w silencers like come on man wtf, this game is so trash that i swear i wont buy a tryarch game again, and when next cod comes out i wont be making my ass wait 5 hours like i always do, ill wait a few days and c what they put and how it runs. That bitch david has the balls to say the lag compensation issue isint true, that he doesnt lag when he plays... WTFFFFFFFF.. The most annoying game ive played to date man, from bo1 and below, all cods were the best, mw3 and bo2 w the lag compensation and op shit, at least mw3 was alright... But take a look, they just want money, what pro would use a target finder? or bouncing betty, or any bs in the game, or in mw3, final stand, deadmans hand, martydom, WTF man? Its all bullshit, they want the noobs to feel like thats the game for them, a pro game wont be like this, take a look at battlefield, dedicated servers, no bullshit in them, i mean im tired of cod, i loved cod since cod 2, now i hate it! Im looking for options.. Them guys at Respawn ( the ones activition fired, the ones that made Infinity ward and made activition;s ass to be where they at now) they said they showin something at e3 so i expect a fps game... I only play cod cus theres no other game to take its place! Rant done !

i'd hate to know you in real life, you sound like a right old miserable ****

The following user thanked Fapping Machine for this useful post:

Porter_Justice

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo