02-22-2013, 08:26 PM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Hey guys, on Black ops 2 a lot of people use shotguns. It seems to me that shotguns give a lot of 1s1k i am not sure i would go so far as to say they are OP but they are for sure annoying as hell to die from. Just wondering do you guys think they are OP? should they be buffed ? Just comment your thoughts on the subject.
03-01-2013, 05:42 PM #38
Porter_Justice
Cake is a lie
Originally posted by Chaz View Post
If they were OP then they would need to be nerfed, not buffed. :p

But no. Shotguns are meant to be strong. You sacrifice range for up close damage and
kill chance. It's all about the tradeoff.

Exactly but people think selfishly. They like to think they got killed because someone did something unethical or the game has something. It's like complaining a LMG has too many bullets without talking about disadvantages of them. Shotguns are just annoying. On a small map like most od these are of course they'll be dangerous but they are worthless at any other range than close.
03-01-2013, 05:49 PM #39
Chaz
Tremble Underfoot
Originally posted by Justice View Post
Exactly but people think selfishly. They like to think they got killed because someone did something unethical or the game has something. It's like complaining a LMG has too many bullets without talking about disadvantages of them. Shotguns are just annoying. On a small map like most od these are of course they'll be dangerous but they are worthless at any other range than close.

Couldn't have said it any better myself Smile
03-01-2013, 06:42 PM #40
If they were OP then they would need to be nerfed, not buffed. :p

But no. Shotguns are meant to be strong. You sacrifice range for up close damage and
kill chance. It's all about the tradeoff.

I use buff as a generalization for fixing any weapon. No need for specifics it all gets the point across.
03-01-2013, 06:55 PM #41
Chaz
Tremble Underfoot
Originally posted by Cronicx187 View Post
I use buff as a generalization for fixing any weapon. No need for specifics it all gets the point across.

*Vocabulary nazi senses kicking in*
In terms of gaming:

Buff - to augment or increase in power, utility, usability; to make greater.
Nerf - to make weaker, diminish, or lower the value of.

I didn't want to say it, but I had to say it. Both words mean completely different things.
I think the word you were looking for though is "balance".
03-01-2013, 09:33 PM #42
*Vocabulary nazi senses kicking in*
In terms of gaming:

Buff - to augment or increase in power, utility, usability; to make greater.
Nerf - to make weaker, diminish, or lower the value of.

I didn't want to say it, but I had to say it. Both words mean completely different things.
I think the word you were looking for though is "balance".

In my mind buff simply means to "polish" or fix so in my eyes buffing can be making it more powerful or weaker. Either way doesn't really matter.
03-01-2013, 09:47 PM #43
Porter_Justice
Cake is a lie
Originally posted by Cronicx187 View Post
In my mind buff simply means to "polish" or fix so in my eyes buffing can be making it more powerful or weaker. Either way doesn't really matter.

Well in fairness they already nerfed or "polished" the range. I'm not sure how you further balance something designed to only work within a close range distance. Again if you actually used a shotgun you would see any benefit or power is limited to only close range and even that isn't consistent so you can one shot one person than get hitmarkers next person same range. Basically nothing can tangibly be done. It's an annoying death but a fair death. Unless you're getting one shotted from medium range then you're stuck...
Last edited by Porter_Justice ; 03-01-2013 at 09:54 PM.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo