02-22-2013, 08:26 PM #1
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Hey guys, on Black ops 2 a lot of people use shotguns. It seems to me that shotguns give a lot of 1s1k i am not sure i would go so far as to say they are OP but they are for sure annoying as hell to die from. Just wondering do you guys think they are OP? should they be buffed ? Just comment your thoughts on the subject.
02-23-2013, 08:02 AM #11
iℜoCz
Do a barrel roll!
so ya op pretty much...
02-23-2013, 09:27 AM #12
Originally posted by Cronicx187 View Post
Hey guys, on Black ops 2 a lot of people use shotguns. It seems to me that shotguns give a lot of 1s1k i am not sure i would go so far as to say they are OP but they are for sure annoying as hell to die from. Just wondering do you guys think they are OP? should they be buffed ? Just comment your thoughts on the subject.

Honestly shotguns in bo2 are so annoying. Ecspecially the ksg, Its extremly annoying on how far it can shoot. They reduce all the guns except the shotguns which is total bs.
02-23-2013, 01:39 PM #13
Rath
Today Will Be Different
They are nowhere near overpowered. When you look at the players' score in game you will see that they are like 3-15 or something worse than that. It's just that the couple times they manage to kill you, you automatically start assuming that shotguns are overpowered. I tend to play hardcore capture the flag and I'll occasionally run a shotgun. But in order to keep pace with people using SMGs and ARs you have to know the maps and flank them. Which frankly the average troll who uses shotguns cannot do.

I'd like to say the best game I've ever had with a shotgun was probably 53-10 with 2 captures and about 9 returns... we pulled the goalie out so we could have more offensive players, so if anyone slipped out they'd grab our flag but never make it to their flag.

Porter pretty much explained the whole "tard" and "don't give a fuck about winning" side of the argument. So I thought I'd opine on the potential and practical uses of shotguns. :p

The following user thanked Rath for this useful post:

Porter_Justice
02-23-2013, 05:30 PM #14
The only shotguns I've seen being overused would be the Remington and KSG (for it's unbelievably long range).

Other than that, this game is all about SMGs tbh.
02-23-2013, 05:39 PM #15
some of em have way to much range and the reason a lot of people use them is that theres a whole lot of noobs that like to play cod
02-23-2013, 06:28 PM #16
JP
Israeli/Palestinian Unity
They are a gun. Stop moaning about the game and deal with it ffs. There is nothing wrong with them that I can see.
02-25-2013, 07:08 AM #17
zackandjon
I am error
Originally posted by uG
The best shotguns for me were on Cod 4. Barely anyone used them. But they were usable, and depending on the skill of the player, you could do well with them. And they were close range.

IMO on blops2 they are op, whilst a shotgun irl provides very long range, as far as games go, it just doesnt work well...

To me its like no scoping, except you spray 20-30 shots which 1h1k, instead of the one you get with a sniper.

It's just for lazy people who can't be bothered to actually work for a kill.

It doesn't take me twenty to thirty shots to kill one guy, just the whole team several times before I die (most of them one hit kills).
I don't think they are are overpowered and even if they are what is to stop another person from picking up your weapon when you die...
The guns and other weapons are fine in my opinion... the only thing wrong with this game, and its a big thing, is that the Host is the winnner 90% of the time... that is f(&$in annoying. I just get over it and wait until I am host an have my fun otherwise it turns into:
Shoot the enemy from 3 feet, dead on headshot, and you miss 50% of the time...
This is in my own opinion how a person goes from 42 kills and 3 deaths to 3 kills and 20 deaths in one "Host Migration"... BS!!!!!!!!!!
02-25-2013, 01:28 PM #18
I have to say I’m left shaking my head when anyone talks about guns in BO 2 possibly being OP. There isn’t a single gun in this game that I would list in the top 15 or so in any other COD.

Because this game is dominated by SMG’s does not mean anyone of them is OP, it just means that all other guns are under powered……especially the shotguns.

I believe people are not use to being killed by anything other than a SMG so when it happens …….it’s just not acceptable.

If they nerf anything more in this game, they should just call it laser tag.

Again this is just my opinion that doesn’t seem to fall in agreement with the masses, which means it probably should be taken with a grain of salt.

The following user thanked coho24 for this useful post:

rockym56
02-25-2013, 03:10 PM #19
Porter_Justice
Cake is a lie
Originally posted by zackandjon View Post
It doesn't take me twenty to thirty shots to kill one guy, just the whole team several times before I die (most of them one hit kills).
I don't think they are are overpowered and even if they are what is to stop another person from picking up your weapon when you die...
The guns and other weapons are fine in my opinion... the only thing wrong with this game, and its a big thing, is that the Host is the winnner 90% of the time... that is f(&$in annoying. I just get over it and wait until I am host an have my fun otherwise it turns into:
Shoot the enemy from 3 feet, dead on headshot, and you miss 50% of the time...
This is in my own opinion how a person goes from 42 kills and 3 deaths to 3 kills and 20 deaths in one "Host Migration"... BS!!!!!!!!!!
Anyone who could go from 42-3 to 3-20 has bigger issues than connection like his thumbs falling off...

Originally posted by coho24 View Post
I have to say I’m left shaking my head when anyone talks about guns in BO 2 possibly being OP. There isn’t a single gun in this game that I would list in the top 15 or so in any other COD.

Because this game is dominated by SMG’s does not mean anyone of them is OP, it just means that all other guns are under powered……especially the shotguns.

I believe people are not use to being killed by anything other than a SMG so when it happens …….it’s just not acceptable.

If they nerf anything more in this game, they should just call it laser tag.

Again this is just my opinion that doesn’t seem to fall in agreement with the masses, which means it probably should be taken with a grain of salt.

You have an informed opinion. Map design is what makes SMGs and a GOOD shotgun user so potent. MW3's SMGs are way better but since MW3 favored Assault Rifles equally if not more and there werent as many complaints. The design the game modes, streak system, Ghost and maps with fast paced gameplay in mind. An Assault Rifle from MW2 wouldnt be as strong in this game.

If people didn't always moan about maps being to big and the apparent unstoppable campers they wouldn't have made the game this way. I used nothing but AR on MW2 and on BO1. Mw3 I favored AR slightly. This game is obviously designed for SMGs. Smart people know why. We wanted Ghost nerfed and campers dealt with so now people need to do with getting flanked and overwhelmed by SMGs...Once mote DLC comes out then more "too big map" complaints will come...
Last edited by Porter_Justice ; 02-25-2013 at 03:13 PM.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo