10-03-2015, 06:01 PM #1
.EXE
Hurah!
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Says In The Title, will ther be? if there is does that mean there will be kind of different e3 flasher ?Ninja

The following user thanked .EXE for this useful post:

KingzOFAllModz
11-17-2015, 11:56 AM #47
Originally posted by lalo1996 View Post
Only if geohot came back and started messing with the systems security but he promised to never mess with sonys security system but don't let your hopes down it will happen in the futures there is no such thing as a. 100% secure system there always that one chance you just gotta wait

In the mean time, people like cturt have been putting in a lot of work on PS4 exploits, though mainly for the 1.76 webkit exploit, but vita is getting closer and closer to jailbreak every few months!
11-17-2015, 06:46 PM #48
Nothing is unhackable, but I don't think a jailbreak will ever be publically released like it the PS3. Lets say the PS4 is jailbroken one day. That is just the hardware itself. I think it goes without saying the PS4 is much more reliant on PSN than the PS3 ever was. The moment a "jailbroken" PS4 connects to the network, Sony will know.
11-18-2015, 02:00 PM #49
XxBlud23xX
< ^ > < ^ >
Originally posted by jasonthomas97 View Post
Says In The Title, will ther be? if there is does that mean there will be kind of different e3 flasher ?Ninja

How the hell is some different kind of e3 flasher going to help jailbreak the ps4 ???
The purpose of the e3 flasher is to flash the consoles memory to a certain update.
11-24-2015, 08:15 PM #50
SolidSRK
Little One
lets hope and pray there wont be.. i mod ps3 but leave the ps4 alone its actually nice to play legit sometimes Smile
11-24-2015, 10:50 PM #51
PSNServices
Are you high?
Leave PS4 Aloneeeeee ayy lmaoayy lmao
11-25-2015, 02:32 AM #52
PlainOldMe-101
Bounty hunter
As with the XBOX One, eventually maybe. It's not, unlike previous stuff, talking about jailbreaking an embedded computer system (past gen consoles fall into the embedded category of computers, in the sense of being application specific examples). It's instead talking about taking a PC like (in the same way a Chromebook/Chromebox is) and finding a way to make it boot up another OS (i.e. a live Linux distro), then you'd be in a position to start (from the inside) working on gaining access to the hypervisor controlled OS installation(s) - installations, since there's a main OS (different ones in each of the XB1 and PS4), and there's a 'game' os and both kinda run behind a hypervisor, so whether you are in the main os or the game os (or one is in focus as you actively use it) - you're really talking about actually using a VM containing the OS environment - so essentially two VM's controlled by a common hypervisor.

So you are talking contents of the OS and 'game' OS installations being in virtual HDD's stored on the actual HDD - and given these will be encrypted, it's not even simply a matter of extracting the physical HDD and cloning it and trying to decrypt the VHD's on binary image of the physical HDD (although, it's one approach that can deliver some clues). Chances are, the NG consoles have a TPM (Trusted Protection Module) similar to what's used on commercial grade PC's and Chrome devices, so chances are the VHD encryption is tied to the identity of the console's TPM (assuming there is one).

So all in all, and chances are i have wildly oversimplified things in the above thoughts, it's either going to be a very long road to a 'jailbreak', or if a serious flaw shows itself very rapidly during initial hacking attempts - then it could be a shortish road. But i suspect the 'shortish' road outcome is history, as the kind who really pull one out of the hat would have found that kind of flaw by now if it was there.

So irrespective of which NG platform you talk of, it's looking like a long haul followed by a longish haul, and then maybe some kind of building block found to create a shorter road to opening up the 'garden wall' in an exploitable form.

Now, technically, some may say the XB1 (being essentially based on Win10/Win Server OS base) will be the most vulnerable given Microsoft's history of Windows and it's vulnerabilities, but the Unix based OS in the PS3 could be no less secure if noone remembered to really lock it down - remember, Unix and Linux is only as secure as it's locked-down state. But i suspect with the amount of money tied up in the whole NG consoles projects, they won't have been sloppy with locking stuff down. With embedded stuff like the past-gen, half the security was in the relatively inaccessible nature of embedded device hacking and programming that kept them well out of the running for being hacked by kiddies and rank amateurs (in the embedded device world, hacking is the stuff of the very determined or those who work with developing for the embedded world).

So i can only say, hang in there if you are a believer - just don't literally hold your breath waiting on a short-cut to a solution, else you'll be six-foot under before they even get to step 1.1 Winky Winky

The following 2 users say thank you to PlainOldMe-101 for this useful post:

FourzerotwoFAILS, mr_tippy99
11-29-2015, 09:50 PM #53
would be cool to be able to mod on playstation again, ps3 mods were fun times. I'm just wondering if they would ever ban you for having a modded console or not as the ps4 is obviously much more internet related
11-29-2015, 10:03 PM #54
#Dragoss
You talkin to me?
Originally posted by 101 View Post
As with the XBOX One, eventually maybe. It's not, unlike previous stuff, talking about jailbreaking an embedded computer system (past gen consoles fall into the embedded category of computers, in the sense of being application specific examples). It's instead talking about taking a PC like (in the same way a Chromebook/Chromebox is) and finding a way to make it boot up another OS (i.e. a live Linux distro), then you'd be in a position to start (from the inside) working on gaining access to the hypervisor controlled OS installation(s) - installations, since there's a main OS (different ones in each of the XB1 and PS4), and there's a 'game' os and both kinda run behind a hypervisor, so whether you are in the main os or the game os (or one is in focus as you actively use it) - you're really talking about actually using a VM containing the OS environment - so essentially two VM's controlled by a common hypervisor.

So you are talking contents of the OS and 'game' OS installations being in virtual HDD's stored on the actual HDD - and given these will be encrypted, it's not even simply a matter of extracting the physical HDD and cloning it and trying to decrypt the VHD's on binary image of the physical HDD (although, it's one approach that can deliver some clues). Chances are, the NG consoles have a TPM (Trusted Protection Module) similar to what's used on commercial grade PC's and Chrome devices, so chances are the VHD encryption is tied to the identity of the console's TPM (assuming there is one).

So all in all, and chances are i have wildly oversimplified things in the above thoughts, it's either going to be a very long road to a 'jailbreak', or if a serious flaw shows itself very rapidly during initial hacking attempts - then it could be a shortish road. But i suspect the 'shortish' road outcome is history, as the kind who really pull one out of the hat would have found that kind of flaw by now if it was there.

So irrespective of which NG platform you talk of, it's looking like a long haul followed by a longish haul, and then maybe some kind of building block found to create a shorter road to opening up the 'garden wall' in an exploitable form.

Now, technically, some may say the XB1 (being essentially based on Win10/Win Server OS base) will be the most vulnerable given Microsoft's history of Windows and it's vulnerabilities, but the Unix based OS in the PS3 could be no less secure if noone remembered to really lock it down - remember, Unix and Linux is only as secure as it's locked-down state. But i suspect with the amount of money tied up in the whole NG consoles projects, they won't have been sloppy with locking stuff down. With embedded stuff like the past-gen, half the security was in the relatively inaccessible nature of embedded device hacking and programming that kept them well out of the running for being hacked by kiddies and rank amateurs (in the embedded device world, hacking is the stuff of the very determined or those who work with developing for the embedded world).

So i can only say, hang in there if you are a believer - just don't literally hold your breath waiting on a short-cut to a solution, else you'll be six-foot under before they even get to step 1.1 Winky Winky

Do you think a ODE solution is more possible ? It would be cool , only free games without crappy modders .
11-29-2015, 11:03 PM #55
KingzOFAllModz
Pokemon Trainer
Man AnyThing Can Be Hacked Trust Me Sony As Week Asf .

i Believe it Will Be A Hack Comeing Christmas Thats A Promise Sony Ps4 Will Be Took Down Happy

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo