09-07-2015, 07:50 PM #1
Harry12345789
Former Writer
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); I decided against a PC build a couple years ago and now I want to build one... Are either of these builds any good?

You must login or register to view this content.

You must login or register to view this content.

Also any updates/changes would be awesome Smile Not sure on the PSU in all fairness... I don't know what to pick :p.

The following user thanked Harry12345789 for this useful post:

Passion
09-07-2015, 08:02 PM #11
Harry12345789
Former Writer
Originally posted by CyberNomadic View Post
I'd get a 900 series card. (Inb4 everyone shoves the 980 ti down your throat.) I have a friend who recently invested in a 960, he keeps up pretty well.
On the second plan, the AMD Fx-8350 isn't too bad and will work fine for you. (Ofc, I reccomend Intel because I'm a fanboy, not even going to deny it.)
On the second plan, get a better PSU, that gives you the ablility to upgrade in the future. Get a 650W. (Just more future proof.) However, if thats not your concern, then the 450W would be fine.

All in all, the second plan is a better rig, however I would highly reccomend an aftermarket CPU cooler. Get a 212 Evo, they are a bitch to install, but the performance is quite nice.

Greatly appreciate the reply!

I like intel a lot but wanting a gaming rig so I think AMD is the best thing for it? Also on topic of the "bitch to install" .. This will be my first build so not wanting anything too difficult! Although I know i need a decent cpu cooler if I had an octa-core :/
09-07-2015, 08:07 PM #12
Tristan
< ^ > < ^ >
Originally posted by Harry View Post
My dads got me this - You must login or register to view this content.

So doubt I'll get any more off him lol

Check this out Harry This is a good build Smile

Its definitely faster than mine

You must login or register to view this content. - $520 - AMD

My recommended one is the AMD it will play you any game on medium - maximum graphics settings

The following user thanked Tristan for this useful post:

Harry12345789
09-07-2015, 08:08 PM #13
Tristan
< ^ > < ^ >

I like intel a lot but wanting a gaming rig so I think AMD is the best thing for it? Also on topic of the "bitch to install" .. This will be my first build so not wanting anything too difficult! Although I know i need a decent cpu cooler if I had an octa-core :/

The CPU Cooler that comes out of the box is ok as long as you dont overclock
09-07-2015, 08:08 PM #14
CyberNomadic
Web Developer

If you want to stream or render videos, go intel, no doubt about it. For just gaming though, an AMD is fine. You won't have the best capabilites, but the FX-8350 should do fine.

Have a friend when you build your rig, building a lone takes so much more time and sometimes you need 4 hands instead of 2.

Well, if you're willing to pay a little bit for a liquid cooler, they are one of the easiest to install.
I'll do some searching around for you, if I find something I'll post in this thread.
09-07-2015, 08:10 PM #15
Tristan
< ^ > < ^ >
Well, if you're willing to pay a little bit for a liquid cooler, they are one of the easiest to install.
I'll do some searching around for you, if I find something I'll post in this thread.

But unless he is doing overclocking there is really no need to use a different fan other than the one that comes with the cpu
09-07-2015, 08:10 PM #16
CyberNomadic
Web Developer
Originally posted by S
But unless he is doing overclocking there is really no need to use a different fan other than the one that comes with the cpu

I disagree, AMD runs hot. I've ran it, aftermarket is almost required.
09-07-2015, 08:11 PM #17
Harry12345789
Former Writer
Originally posted by S
Check this out Harry This is a good build Smile

Its definitely faster than mine

You must login or register to view this content. - $520 - AMD

My recommended one is the AMD it will play you any game on medium - maximum graphics settings

You say this will be good for gaming?

i'm wanting GTA V, BO3 and that kinda thing?

Also I appreciate the help
09-07-2015, 08:13 PM #18
Tristan
< ^ > < ^ >
You say this will be good for gaming?

i'm wanting GTA V, BO3 and that kinda thing?

Also I appreciate the help

yes that would be great for gaming
09-07-2015, 08:13 PM #19
Harry12345789
Former Writer
I disagree, AMD runs hot. I've ran it, aftermarket is almost required.

I read that the AMD's do get quite hot but not sure lol

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo