09-07-2015, 07:50 PM #1
Harry12345789
Former Writer
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); I decided against a PC build a couple years ago and now I want to build one... Are either of these builds any good?

You must login or register to view this content.

Also any updates/changes would be awesome Smile Not sure on the PSU in all fairness... I don't know what to pick :p.

The following user thanked Harry12345789 for this useful post:

Passion
09-19-2015, 02:41 PM #56
Harry12345789
Former Writer
Originally posted by Dr
whoever told u that is a fucking idiot u can have any size card u want on a full sized motherboard now a full sized card on a mini itx board might block some ports or make them hard to get to

It's just what someone said :fa: Will that card perform really good on games that I want to play?
09-19-2015, 03:18 PM #57
Toke
PC Master Race
Originally posted by Harry View Post
It's just what someone said :fa: Will that card perform really good on games that I want to play?

id still get the 970 its smaller will put less strain on mobo and dont be as hot since amd cards do run hot but are designed too also the nvidia will pull less power
09-19-2015, 03:20 PM #58
Harry12345789
Former Writer
Originally posted by Dr
id still get the 970 its smaller will put less strain on mobo and dont be as hot since amd cards do run hot but are designed too also the nvidia will pull less power

So what do I order :fa: Also super duper noob question...

Will my computer be able to connect to wifi straight away once built or do I need an adapter :lol:
09-19-2015, 05:10 PM #59
Toke
PC Master Race
So what do I order :fa: Also super duper noob question...

Will my computer be able to connect to wifi straight away once built or do I need an adapter :lol:

the original build id use a wire for gaming the lag spikes on wireless are bad
09-19-2015, 08:54 PM #60
Rawr
Can’t trickshot me!
Compact cards aren't designed to be overclocked. The reason you see GPUs with large coolers is for overclocking. Better cooling allows for better clock speeds. If you were to buy a GTX 970 with a cooler that uses a 3-fan design versus a compact GTX 970 that uses a 1-fan deisng, but kept both of them at their stock speeds, they'd perform the same. But if you start overclocking, the GTX 970 with the 3-fan cooler will be able to overclock much further than the 1-fan cooler which will allow for better FPS performance. Most GPUs that use a single fan design aren't designed to be overclocked. While you could get a minor overclock with the single fan cooler, don't expect any major improvements in games compared to the stock speeds.

You'll need to purchase a wifi adapter.

Could you also list what parts you are buying? I see you have purchased a Z97 motherboard. What CPU are you buying? Depending on which CPU you bought, the motherboard could've been a pointless purchase. That's a large price jump over the motherboard me and Toke have recommended. Since you've spent more on the motherboard, you must've cheaped out on something else unless you extended your budget. I gave a specific list of parts for a reason. I took your ~£600 budget and worked with it to design a build that would utilize every single dollar to provide the best bang for your buck. If you extended your budget, you should've said something so that I could fix the partlist I put together.
Last edited by Rawr ; 09-19-2015 at 08:59 PM.
09-20-2015, 10:46 AM #61
Harry12345789
Former Writer
You must login or register to view this content. / You must login or register to view this content.

CPU: You must login or register to view this content. (£169.96 @ More Computers)
Motherboard: You must login or register to view this content. (£61.31 @ Ebuyer) PURCHASED
Memory: You must login or register to view this content. (£34.58 @ Amazon UK)
Storage: You must login or register to view this content. (£50.48 @ Amazon UK)
Storage: You must login or register to view this content. (£39.98 @ Scan.co.uk) PURCHASED
Video Card: You must login or register to view this content. (£251.99 @ Aria PC)
Case: You must login or register to view this content. (£37.99 @ Amazon UK)
Power Supply: You must login or register to view this content. (£37.99 @ Amazon UK) PURCHASED
Total: £684.28
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-09-20 11:44 BST+0100
09-20-2015, 10:47 AM #62
Harry12345789
Former Writer
Originally posted by Rawr View Post
Compact cards aren't designed to be overclocked. The reason you see GPUs with large coolers is for overclocking. Better cooling allows for better clock speeds. If you were to buy a GTX 970 with a cooler that uses a 3-fan design versus a compact GTX 970 that uses a 1-fan deisng, but kept both of them at their stock speeds, they'd perform the same. But if you start overclocking, the GTX 970 with the 3-fan cooler will be able to overclock much further than the 1-fan cooler which will allow for better FPS performance. Most GPUs that use a single fan design aren't designed to be overclocked. While you could get a minor overclock with the single fan cooler, don't expect any major improvements in games compared to the stock speeds.

You'll need to purchase a wifi adapter.

Could you also list what parts you are buying? I see you have purchased a Z97 motherboard. What CPU are you buying? Depending on which CPU you bought, the motherboard could've been a pointless purchase. That's a large price jump over the motherboard me and Toke have recommended. Since you've spent more on the motherboard, you must've cheaped out on something else unless you extended your budget. I gave a specific list of parts for a reason. I took your ~£600 budget and worked with it to design a build that would utilize every single dollar to provide the best bang for your buck. If you extended your budget, you should've said something so that I could fix the partlist I put together.

My budget has increased, as my current build is coming out at £684 :p

You must login or register to view this content. / You must login or register to view this content.

CPU: You must login or register to view this content. (£169.96 @ More Computers)
Motherboard: You must login or register to view this content. (£61.31 @ Ebuyer) PURCHASED
Memory: You must login or register to view this content. (£34.58 @ Amazon UK)
Storage: You must login or register to view this content. (£50.48 @ Amazon UK)
Storage: You must login or register to view this content. (£39.98 @ Scan.co.uk) PURCHASED
Video Card: You must login or register to view this content. (£251.99 @ Aria PC)
Case: You must login or register to view this content. (£37.99 @ Amazon UK)
Power Supply: You must login or register to view this content. (£37.99 @ Amazon UK) PURCHASED
Total: £684.28
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-09-20 11:44 BST+0100
09-20-2015, 02:48 PM #63
Harry12345789
Former Writer
Originally posted by Dr
whoever told u that is a fucking idiot u can have any size card u want on a full sized motherboard now a full sized card on a mini itx board might block some ports or make them hard to get to

This is so much cheaper on newegg... Can I get it please? :fa:

09-20-2015, 03:45 PM #64
Toke
PC Master Race
This is so much cheaper on newegg... Can I get it please? :fa:

u need a bigger 750w power supply then

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo