09-07-2015, 07:50 PM #1
Harry12345789
Former Writer
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); I decided against a PC build a couple years ago and now I want to build one... Are either of these builds any good?

You must login or register to view this content.

Also any updates/changes would be awesome Smile Not sure on the PSU in all fairness... I don't know what to pick :p.

The following user thanked Harry12345789 for this useful post:

Passion
09-09-2015, 09:24 PM #47
Toke
PC Master Race
Originally posted by Harry View Post
By maxed out you mean maxed out to the maximum ?????

harry if u got the coin go big or go home

The following user thanked Toke for this useful post:

Danny
09-09-2015, 09:35 PM #48
Harry12345789
Former Writer
Originally posted by Dr
harry if u got the coin go big or go home

Probably will get this after my bday, will save up a couple weeks after my bday and get even more cash Smile

Did you see my monitor I'm getting ?
09-10-2015, 06:47 PM #49
Harry12345789
Former Writer
Originally posted by Rawr View Post
What is your budget? You say Toke's build is expensive, but you're thinking about purchasing a Skylake CPU. A Skylake build will be more expensive than Toke's build.

EDIT:

Basing my build off of the total price in the original post since there is no clearly stated budget. Both mine and Toke's build will outperform the builds in the original post by miles. A R9 390 is like 3x GTX 750 TI. And Intel is better than AMD in single-core performance, which is what you want for a gaming PC. I'm not sure how you got a PC with a GTX 750 TI to total out to ~£600.

You must login or register to view this content. / You must login or register to view this content.

CPU: You must login or register to view this content. (£140.98 @ Amazon UK)
Motherboard: You must login or register to view this content. (£34.00 @ CCL Computers)
Memory: You must login or register to view this content. (£31.44 @ Amazon UK)
Storage: You must login or register to view this content. (£51.81 @ Amazon UK)
Storage: You must login or register to view this content. (£39.99 @ Dabs)
Video Card: You must login or register to view this content. (£250.99 @ Dabs)
Case: You must login or register to view this content. (£36.95 @ Amazon UK)
Power Supply: You must login or register to view this content. (£37.99 @ Amazon UK)
Optical Drive: You must login or register to view this content. (£9.36 @ CCL Computers)
Total: £633.51
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-09-08 21:00 BST+0100

Hi Rawr,

I'm going to be ordering the parts for my build tomorrow. Will be purchasing them in stages...

Before I buy anything, will this build be able to run games like GTA V, DAYZ and those comfortably?

Regards,

Harry
09-11-2015, 10:23 AM #50
Rawr
Can’t trickshot me!
Hi Rawr,

I'm going to be ordering the parts for my build tomorrow. Will be purchasing them in stages...

Before I buy anything, will this build be able to run games like GTA V, DAYZ and those comfortably?

Regards,

Harry

Yes, you should be able to max out settings and play at 60 FPS.

I'd try to buy the PSU asap. An 80+ gold PSU that's based off of a high quality Seasonic platform going for less than £40 - that's a really good price. Not sure how much longer that pricing is going to last.
Last edited by Rawr ; 09-11-2015 at 10:26 AM.
09-11-2015, 10:26 AM #51
Harry12345789
Former Writer
Originally posted by Rawr View Post
Yes, you should be able to max out settings and play at 60 FPS.

I'd try to buy the PSU asap. It's going for a really good price. Not sure how much longer that pricing is going to last.

I've contacted you via PM mate
09-12-2015, 09:14 PM #52
Harry12345789
Former Writer
So pleased to say that my build is finally underway.
09-18-2015, 10:03 PM #53
Harry12345789
Former Writer
First part arrived today: My Motherboard Smile

The following user thanked Harry12345789 for this useful post:

Toke
09-19-2015, 12:45 PM #54
Harry12345789
Former Writer
I'm going to be ordering my GFX card, however I've been told it's not the optimum one for my build?

Due to having a ATX Motherboard and having a mid-tower Case, the GFX card should be a full sized card? I'm I right in saying so?

I know I can have a smaller card and the performance isn't much different... But would it make a difference to swap it out to a bigger card?

I'd buy this one - You must login or register to view this content.

As opposed to the one i have selected already - You must login or register to view this content.
09-19-2015, 01:42 PM #55
Toke
PC Master Race
I'm going to be ordering my GFX card, however I've been told it's not the optimum one for my build?

Due to having a ATX Motherboard and having a mid-tower Case, the GFX card should be a full sized card? I'm I right in saying so?

I know I can have a smaller card and the performance isn't much different... But would it make a difference to swap it out to a bigger card?

I'd buy this one - You must login or register to view this content.

As opposed to the one i have selected already - You must login or register to view this content.

whoever told u that is a fucking idiot u can have any size card u want on a full sized motherboard now a full sized card on a mini itx board might block some ports or make them hard to get to
Last edited by Toke ; 09-19-2015 at 01:44 PM.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo