09-07-2015, 07:50 PM #1
Harry12345789
Former Writer
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); I decided against a PC build a couple years ago and now I want to build one... Are either of these builds any good?

You must login or register to view this content.

Also any updates/changes would be awesome Smile Not sure on the PSU in all fairness... I don't know what to pick :p.

The following user thanked Harry12345789 for this useful post:

Passion
09-07-2015, 08:23 PM #29
Harry12345789
Former Writer
Originally posted by S
Its not hard to learn. :p

it's just the fact theres 1000000's of parts with similar names lol
09-07-2015, 08:25 PM #30
Tristan
< ^ > < ^ >
Originally posted by Harry View Post
it's just the fact theres 1000000's of parts with similar names lol

So for conclusion i would go for the build i supplied you. You can always add an aftermarket cooler so yeah
09-07-2015, 08:26 PM #31
Harry12345789
Former Writer
Originally posted by S
So for conclusion i would go for the build i supplied you. You can always add an aftermarket cooler so yeah

you say that will run games comfortably?

I'm waiting to see if my budget increases off my parents haha. If it does i'll drop you a notification Winky Winky

Appreciate the help man :p
09-07-2015, 08:28 PM #32
CyberNomadic
Web Developer
Originally posted by S
I built my pc the other day and it took me about 2 hours.....

Well dismiss the fact that I have done it before

Its easy once you've built a few. I've built around 4 to 5 rigs. Also, there are so many different types and factors that play in. A good well looked at built for a first timer with 2 people is probably 4 to 6 hours.
09-07-2015, 08:31 PM #33
Tristan
< ^ > < ^ >
Originally posted by CyberNomadic View Post
Its easy once you've built a few. I've built around 4 to 5 rigs. Also, there are so many different types and factors that play in. A good well looked at built for a first timer with 2 people is probably 4 to 6 hours.

Yeah

the second time I built a pc I bent the pins on the cpu thank god I bought warranty
09-07-2015, 08:34 PM #34
Harry12345789
Former Writer
not filling me with hope here guys
09-07-2015, 09:00 PM #35
Default Avatar
Brad

Originally posted by S
Check this out Harry This is a good build Smile

Its definitely faster than mine

You must login or register to view this content. - $520 - AMD

My recommended one is the AMD it will play you any game on medium - maximum graphics settings

I edited your build slightly Sabre, more bang for your buck You must login or register to view this content.

I used 1x8gb RAM so you can upgrade easier if you like Smile

The only problem i see with the case is cable managment might be an issue. Here's a build someone made using this case
Last edited by Brad ; 09-07-2015 at 09:10 PM.
09-07-2015, 11:55 PM #36
Toke
PC Master Race
I decided against a PC build a couple years ago and now I want to build one... Are either of these builds any good?

Also any updates/changes would be awesome Smile Not sure on the PSU in all fairness... I don't know what to pick :p.

You must login or register to view this content. should work pretty good
09-08-2015, 06:42 AM #37
Rawr
Can’t trickshot me!
Supernova NEX is whack. Don't recommend them. Their build quality is decent; they use Japanese caps, which is pretty much standard for any PSU that's competitively priced. Don't assume just because it uses Japanese caps that it's a god-tier PSU. Build quality is not the problem, the problem is that it's based off of FSP's Aurum platform; not the platform you would want to base a high-end PSU off of. The Aurum platform clusters all their voltage regulators into one, fat mess, rather than grouping them into independent regulated rails. Voltage regulation is worse than Corsair CX PSUs. If I'm paying $70+ on a power supply, I don't want something that's worse than Corsair's CX series.The NEX 650W model, in particular, failed to reach the 80+ gold certification. It just goes to show, not how terrible this PSU is, but how much money consumers are wasting for stats on paper when they don't even know what's going on behind the scenes. "I bought a EVGA NEX PSU. It's 80+ gold and it's fully modular! It's also packed with top-notch Japanese capacitors, so BOOYAH!" Pretty much any PSU that is competitively priced will have these features.

Now will it blow up your PC? No. Will it slaughter your high-end components? No. Is it extremely terrible like stuff from Logisys? No. Can you power an i7 + GTX 980 TI on it? Yes.

So what's the purpose of my post? I'm here to say that EVGA's NEX PSUs are overpriced and mediocre. It's like buying a prebuilt PC. Now what are some other power supplies that are competitively priced and offer better quality? I highly recommend XFX. Most XFX power supplies are based off of Seasonic platforms. Seasonic is high up there in terms of quality, extremely high up there. Possibly one of the best power supply manufacturers.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo