06-19-2011, 07:20 AM #1
Saint Jimmy
And don't wear it out.
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Well, as I'm sure some of you have noticed, the Wii section doesn't get nearly as much attention as the PS3 and Xbox 360 sections. It seems like people believe that for some reason, the PS3 and Xbox 360 are better than the Wii.

Haha. Please :P

Let's remind ourselves that while the Wii may be different, that doesn't make it any worse. In fact, I can think of some pretty good reasons why the Wii could be considered better than the other consoles.

1) It's a lot cheaper.
2) It's completely backwards compatible.
3) It has games that you actually enjoy playing.
4) It's a family console.
5) The 10-year-olds playing multiplayer with you don't have microphones.
6) "Wii" is more fun to say. Try it.
7) Compatible with four different controllers.
Cool Man (aka Tustin) Wii started the whole "moving controller" craze.
9) They're super light, small, etc.
10) Friend Codes: No need to spend hours trying to think of a good screen name.
11) An online service that is free and isn't down for month-long-periods.
12) It's super easy to hack, enabling free games.
13) And, finally... Mario :fyea:

Anyways, those are just some of the reasons off the top of my head. I'm sure you can do better? Smile

And just because you disagree doesn't mean you need to spend a good 15 minutes typing up counter examples for each one. Go make useful posts elsewhere :p
Last edited by Saint Jimmy ; 06-19-2011 at 10:18 PM.

The following 20 users say thank you to Saint Jimmy for this useful post:

ajbinky, Ayanami, Callum., CBot, Classy., Clive, CristinaRawr, Eminem., Invalld, method1278, NeglectFate, TornadoCreator, UnoDeluxe, User Not Found, wite_guy, xInfiniteX, xMo, xShOtz, Xx_^^69^^_xX, ZeroK

The following 20 users groaned at Saint Jimmy for this awful post:

.JiampyPotter, Anthony, badiban, Boris Johnson, FlyingIrishMan, Girby2K11, gopher517, I_Own_3m_AL1_I, iNK Shot, JKLAZ, lilnatsfan44, Madison Taylor, Modus, Mr__Shalemari, Nummpty, ShottinG STarzz, streamwood, Superdry▪, x420XP
07-10-2011, 05:35 PM #83
ツSparky
Teddy <3
Misuse of groan button......
07-25-2011, 01:28 PM #84
but 360 nd ps3 is more popular nd wii is more of a family system like u said
07-27-2011, 02:45 AM #85
naruto1
Do a barrel roll!
The wii is awsome, i cant wait for the Wii U
08-08-2011, 04:27 PM #86
User Not Found
Do a barrel roll!
I Like pwning little kids on black ops And that will never get old
08-08-2011, 10:01 PM #87
Wii is ok for the casual gamer but Xbox 360 and PS3 are way better for competitive gamers.
08-08-2011, 10:34 PM #88
Jared
Tranquility.
I won't say it is better but games like Wii Sports Resort are still fun to play when your boredWinky Winky
08-08-2011, 11:04 PM #89
DC12X
S.P.E.C.I.A.L
The Wii is worse for this following reason:

The technology of the Wii is extremely inferior to both the Xbox and Playstation. In result of this, 3rd party developers have learned how to make Wii games, thus, releasing a slew of mainly shitty games to populate the game catalog while Nintendo uses reasons that would have worked 4 years ago to convince you it's better. I can innovate something, as the Wii did. But there's no point if there are very few quality games to offer while Wii utilizes an ultra-overpriced concept known as Virtual Console. Are you really going to say Kirby's Epic Yarn had great enough quality to be ten dollars less than a brand new copy of MGS4? I think not.

Wii was a console covered in gimmicks, and it was used just for profit. Simple and obvious as that. It had very few good games down the line, but the pieces together, and you realize that Nintendo was all in it for the money. Not having a DVD drive in a console this day and age is inexcusable. Not going past 480i is inexcusable. Having flash memory over a hard drive for a console is inexcusable. The Wii is literally nothing more than an 2005-updated motion controlled Gamecube.

I hate the Wii for that.
08-17-2011, 06:22 PM #90
maximus142
Save Point
guyz ur forgetting, if u already had the gamecube, u can still play it on wii, which i find is alot better, and another thing is that legend of zelda is as good as mario, and its more challenging then mario in my opinion Smile
08-22-2011, 02:36 PM #91
Astro Zombie
professional lurker
you forgot two things about the wii

fun as hell to play drunk

and of course zelda

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo