06-19-2011, 07:20 AM #1
Saint Jimmy
And don't wear it out.
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Well, as I'm sure some of you have noticed, the Wii section doesn't get nearly as much attention as the PS3 and Xbox 360 sections. It seems like people believe that for some reason, the PS3 and Xbox 360 are better than the Wii.

Haha. Please :P

Let's remind ourselves that while the Wii may be different, that doesn't make it any worse. In fact, I can think of some pretty good reasons why the Wii could be considered better than the other consoles.

1) It's a lot cheaper.
2) It's completely backwards compatible.
3) It has games that you actually enjoy playing.
4) It's a family console.
5) The 10-year-olds playing multiplayer with you don't have microphones.
6) "Wii" is more fun to say. Try it.
7) Compatible with four different controllers.
Cool Man (aka Tustin) Wii started the whole "moving controller" craze.
9) They're super light, small, etc.
10) Friend Codes: No need to spend hours trying to think of a good screen name.
11) An online service that is free and isn't down for month-long-periods.
12) It's super easy to hack, enabling free games.
13) And, finally... Mario :fyea:

Anyways, those are just some of the reasons off the top of my head. I'm sure you can do better? Smile

And just because you disagree doesn't mean you need to spend a good 15 minutes typing up counter examples for each one. Go make useful posts elsewhere :p
Last edited by Saint Jimmy ; 06-19-2011 at 10:18 PM.

The following 20 users say thank you to Saint Jimmy for this useful post:

ajbinky, Ayanami, Callum., CBot, Classy., Clive, CristinaRawr, Eminem., Invalld, method1278, NeglectFate, TornadoCreator, UnoDeluxe, User Not Found, wite_guy, xInfiniteX, xMo, xShOtz, Xx_^^69^^_xX, ZeroK

The following 20 users groaned at Saint Jimmy for this awful post:

.JiampyPotter, Anthony, badiban, Boris Johnson, FlyingIrishMan, Girby2K11, gopher517, I_Own_3m_AL1_I, iNK Shot, JKLAZ, lilnatsfan44, Madison Taylor, Modus, Mr__Shalemari, Nummpty, ShottinG STarzz, streamwood, Superdry▪, x420XP
06-19-2011, 02:16 PM #11
IL--U--IK--IE
At least I can fight
One word. Mario.

Only reason why the Wii is better, lol. I sold mine a long time ago. I just never played it.
06-19-2011, 03:24 PM #12
Vo1ture
Space Ninja
Originally posted by Mr.Amitoz View Post
Wii Is awesome for having the horribly graphics, Lack on Fraps per seconds and awesome 3rd party developers. Smile

What the hell is a Frap per Second? Lmao.

The following user thanked Vo1ture for this useful post:

Saint Jimmy
06-19-2011, 04:47 PM #13
Ps3 can connect more than 4 controllers...

Anyway with Mario you won.
06-19-2011, 05:21 PM #14
Saint Jimmy
And don't wear it out.
Originally posted by xTrickster View Post
Ps3 can connect more than 4 controllers...

Anyway with Mario you won.

"Compatible with four different controllers" means that you can use the standard controller sideways, the classic controller, a gamecube controller, or a standard controller + numchuck. Not that you can just connect a bunch of them at the same time Smile

Originally posted by gopher517 View Post
1) It's a lot cheaper. You pay for quality
2) It's completely backwards compatible. No need, GameCube are 20$
3) It has games that you actually enjoy playing. Opinion
4) It's a family console. Not many people on here are family gamers.
5) The 10-year-olds playing multiplayer with you don't have microphones. Good Point
6) "Wii" is more fun to say. Try it. Good Point
7) Compatible with four different controllers.You mean the ones that look like ps3 and xbox controllers?
Cool Man (aka Tustin) Wii started the whole "moving controller" craze.Sony and Microsoft improved it greatly
9) They're super light, small, etc.Because we're going to be moving them around alot, right?
10) Friend Codes: No need to spend hours trying to think of a good screen name.Annoying as Hell
11) An online service that is free and isn't down for month-long-periods.Nobody bothers hacking the Wii, lol.
12) It's super easy to hack, enabling free games.You want another console, right?

I pity people like you who take this thread seriously Awesome face

The following user thanked Saint Jimmy for this useful post:

ReK

The following user groaned Saint Jimmy for this awful post:

FlyingIrishMan
06-19-2011, 05:50 PM #15
NeglectFate
[b][move]NGU - Home of The Virgins![/b][/move]
Originally posted by gopher517 View Post
1) It's a lot cheaper. You pay for quality
2) It's completely backwards compatible. No need, GameCube are 20$
3) It has games that you actually enjoy playing. Opinion
4) It's a family console. Not many people on here are family gamers.
5) The 10-year-olds playing multiplayer with you don't have microphones. Good Point
6) "Wii" is more fun to say. Try it. Good Point
7) Compatible with four different controllers.You mean the ones that look like ps3 and xbox controllers?
Cool Man (aka Tustin) Wii started the whole "moving controller" craze.Sony and Microsoft improved it greatly
9) They're super light, small, etc.Because we're going to be moving them around alot, right?
10) Friend Codes: No need to spend hours trying to think of a good screen name.Annoying as Hell
11) An online service that is free and isn't down for month-long-periods.Nobody bothers hacking the Wii, lol.
12) It's super easy to hack, enabling free games.You want another console, right?

The Wii opened the doors for next-gen motion gaming. Nintendo is always one step ahead of Sony and Microsoft. If you do not believe me, go search up their history. Without Nintendo, the innovation upon gaming would be quite low. That is also why the wii has more sales over all. Because they were the first to have something different and creative, and of course the target market is put out to all ages...but that isn't that much of a factor. When the new Wii comes out, and Nintendo makes a lot of money out of it, like always, you can expect sony and microsoft to copy them, like always. :carling:

And oh, I enjoy ps3 a lottttttttttttttttttttt more. I'm just stating why the Wii deserves more credit then what you give it.

The following user thanked NeglectFate for this useful post:

ReK
06-19-2011, 07:05 PM #16
.JiampyPotter
So Much Win.
The Wii without Mario is SHIT
06-19-2011, 07:13 PM #17
Tree
Clearly Outplayed
**** the Wii.

The following 2 users say thank you to Tree for this useful post:

Clutch Hunterr, Pimp

The following user groaned Tree for this awful post:

ReK
06-19-2011, 10:06 PM #18
Originally posted by Saint
Well, as I'm sure some of you have noticed, the Wii section doesn't get nearly as much attention as the PS3 and Xbox 360 sections. It seems like people believe that for some reason, the PS3 and Xbox 360 are better than the Wii.

Let's remind ourselves that while the Wii may be different, that doesn't make it any worse. In fact, I can think of some pretty good reasons why the Wii could be considered better than the other consoles.

Could be, but it's not :carling:

Originally posted by another user
1) It's a lot cheaper.

For a reason, not because Nintendo are being kind about it or anything haha.

Fair enough. Whilst snooping around my PS3 Slim(on CFW) I found that it's perfectly capable of playing old PS1/2 games, but clearly Sony didn't want us to. Probably for those bloody HD remakes they've been doing No

Yeah, for about 5 minutes until you get bored of jumping around like an idiot. The games are terrible, that of all things you cannot deny.

The PS3 & 360 can be too if you buy the correct games appropriate for the kids' age(s).

The mute button was invented for a reason... anyway, don't turn not having mics into a positive you sneaky bugger :p

I feel like a 5YO when I say it, that doesn't make it fun. It makes it stupid.

That's no argument, technically both the PS3 & 360 are compatible w/ hundreds of controllers if you count in the third-party ones.

By craze you must mean fad, because that's all it is. It looks all new and exciting on the ads but once you've got one you get very bored very quick. Everybody I know w/ a Wii, Move or Kinect agrees. In-fact all it's started is an annoying habit of pushing Microsoft into ruining their E3 press conferences by over-advertising their bloody peripheral :n:

Provided you're not incredibly weak(literally) the PS3 & 360 are quite light too, maybe bar the old "phat" PS3.

Great, perfect for fanboys to copy zzirGrizz & Hutch in CoD. Really not a good thing.

Free generally means of worse quality, which Sony proved. If hackers got mad at Nintendo don't think their online capabilities wouldn't be crippled. That's not to say that Microsoft aren't susceptible to attacks like any other online service, however XBL is clearly much more secure than PSN.

If you really wanted to turn pirating into a positive thing, you can jailbreak a PS3, JTAG a 360 etc. You can pirate on any console.

Ooh, one good IP out of dozens. Bravo Claps hehe

Anyways, those are just some of the reasons off the top of my head. I'm sure you can do better? Smile

Not really, the Wii is a fad of a console that's only sold so well because young kids think it looks cool and they demand one for their birthday present. Then there's the Wii fit which is quite ineffective, but panders to overweight people who think it's actually possible to lose weight w/o putting any effort in.

Basically it's the ideal console to idiots. IMO.

---------- Post added at 11:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:04 PM ----------

Originally posted by Escape
The Wii opened the doors for next-gen motion gaming. Nintendo is always one step ahead of Sony and Microsoft. If you do not believe me, go search up their history. Without Nintendo, the innovation upon gaming would be quite low. That is also why the wii has more sales over all. Because they were the first to have something different and creative, and of course the target market is put out to all ages...but that isn't that much of a factor. When the new Wii comes out, and Nintendo makes a lot of money out of it, like always, you can expect sony and microsoft to copy them, like always. :carling:

They only copied the Wii because of the reasons I posted last, because it's effective at gaining sales. Hardcore gamers everywhere are f*cked off right now, not only are they forcing motion controls into everything where they don't belong(especially Microsoft) but they're also ruining our own convention, E3. F*cking annoying. I hate Nintendo w/ a passion. They don't innovate, they just make something look new and cool to gain sales then ditch it like everything else because they realise full well that the technology won't last in the gaming industry. Grrr...
Last edited by Clutch Hunterr ; 06-19-2011 at 10:09 PM.

The following user thanked Clutch Hunterr for this useful post:

Alpha's Hoe
06-19-2011, 10:17 PM #19
TairyHesticles
Add Me on PSN/X-Box Live!
Originally posted by Saint
Well, as I'm sure some of you have noticed, the Wii section doesn't get nearly as much attention as the PS3 and Xbox 360 sections. It seems like people believe that for some reason, the PS3 and Xbox 360 are better than the Wii.

Graphics are absolute sh*t though. Such as Wii sports, in baseball the Defense has no legs. They're floating, and magically run with no legs.

1) It's a lot cheaper.

Graphics are absolute sh*t though. Such as Wii sports, in baseball the Defense has no legs. They're floating, and magically run with no legs.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo