06-19-2011, 07:20 AM #1
Saint Jimmy
And don't wear it out.
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Well, as I'm sure some of you have noticed, the Wii section doesn't get nearly as much attention as the PS3 and Xbox 360 sections. It seems like people believe that for some reason, the PS3 and Xbox 360 are better than the Wii.

Haha. Please :P

Let's remind ourselves that while the Wii may be different, that doesn't make it any worse. In fact, I can think of some pretty good reasons why the Wii could be considered better than the other consoles.

1) It's a lot cheaper.
2) It's completely backwards compatible.
3) It has games that you actually enjoy playing.
4) It's a family console.
5) The 10-year-olds playing multiplayer with you don't have microphones.
6) "Wii" is more fun to say. Try it.
7) Compatible with four different controllers.
Cool Man (aka Tustin) Wii started the whole "moving controller" craze.
9) They're super light, small, etc.
10) Friend Codes: No need to spend hours trying to think of a good screen name.
11) An online service that is free and isn't down for month-long-periods.
12) It's super easy to hack, enabling free games.
13) And, finally... Mario :fyea:

Anyways, those are just some of the reasons off the top of my head. I'm sure you can do better? Smile

And just because you disagree doesn't mean you need to spend a good 15 minutes typing up counter examples for each one. Go make useful posts elsewhere :p
Last edited by Saint Jimmy ; 06-19-2011 at 10:18 PM.

The following 20 users say thank you to Saint Jimmy for this useful post:

ajbinky, Ayanami, Callum., CBot, Classy., Clive, CristinaRawr, Eminem., Invalld, method1278, NeglectFate, TornadoCreator, UnoDeluxe, User Not Found, wite_guy, xInfiniteX, xMo, xShOtz, Xx_^^69^^_xX, ZeroK

The following 20 users groaned at Saint Jimmy for this awful post:

.JiampyPotter, Anthony, badiban, Boris Johnson, FlyingIrishMan, Girby2K11, gopher517, I_Own_3m_AL1_I, iNK Shot, JKLAZ, lilnatsfan44, Madison Taylor, Modus, Mr__Shalemari, Nummpty, ShottinG STarzz, streamwood, Superdry▪, x420XP
06-25-2011, 04:34 AM #65
I like the Wii myself. All arguements about graphics should be gone. Who gives about graphics? Graphics mean NOTHING all that matters in a game is the story/gameplay. If you only like games like FPS or anything in that nature then you shouldn't argue in this thread either because Nintendo doesn't support MANY of those games. It's mainly for classic gamers and family gamers. I have to agree with most. But the online part of the Wii SUCKS all it is is lag for all online games I have on Wii. I also prefer nametags then FC. Thats what I think. I also prefer my SNES, N64, Atari, Dreamcast, Genesis, Nintendo, and etc. over PS3 and Xbox 360 any day.
06-25-2011, 11:21 AM #66
x420XP
Utter Perfectionist
Originally posted by Clutch

Fair enough. Whilst snooping around my PS3 Slim(on CFW) I found that it's perfectly capable of playing old PS1/2 games, but clearly Sony didn't want us to. Probably for those bloody HD remakes they've been doing No

The original PS3 is also perfectly capable of playing old PS1/2 games too. No need for that stupid CFW shit, I can play my old Playstation games and still play online.
06-25-2011, 02:39 PM #67
Girby2K11
☮ ☯ ☢ ✔ ➝
The wii sucks. There, it sucks, horrible, no power, cheap crap. PS3 and Xbox kill it. What idiot thought, "i know, lets make a 'console' that uses just "motion' tech." Buy a PS3 or
Xbox please.
06-25-2011, 05:39 PM #68
The Rangers
At least I can fight
the wii graphics is jobby
06-25-2011, 05:57 PM #69
Nintendo makes no effort to compete with the other two consoles. The Wii will never be as good as them. The hardcore gamer market is more lucrative than the casual gamer market.
06-25-2011, 05:59 PM #70
Wii = :fa:

If I wanna play Mario, I get my PSP & run the SNES emulator. :carling:
06-25-2011, 09:13 PM #71
ace.3
I defeated!
im sure that i read that the wii aint even a gaming console,more like a ds that plugs in your tv.
06-25-2011, 10:29 PM #72
Saint Jimmy
And don't wear it out.
Originally posted by XHaveNOFearX View Post
Nintendo makes no effort to compete with the other two consoles. The Wii will never be as good as them. The hardcore gamer market is more lucrative than the casual gamer market.

Do some research before you post.

Worldwide sales figures
Wii – 86.01 million as of 31 March 2011
Xbox 360 – 55 million as of 4 June 2011
PlayStation 3 – 50 million as of 31 March 2011

But sure, Nintendo is clearly making no effort, and that "hardcore" gaming market is clearly more lucrative Happy
06-25-2011, 10:37 PM #73
When I say more lucrative it means more $$$ for M$ and $ony, not platform sales :lol:

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo