01-24-2011, 01:32 PM #1
game1231
< ^ > < ^ >
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); I made this beacuse many people are wondering and panicing about banning so im clearing it up a little bit.

After having a quicklook onto Sony's PS3 Terms of Use I noticed a few points that could affect users that have hacked the PS3.

Here are just some:

PS3 Terms of use:

You may not lease, rent, sublicense, publish, modify, adapt, or translate any portion of the Game Software.

Source: You must login or register to view this content.

You may not (i) use any unauthorized, illegal, counterfeit, or modified hardware or software in connection with the System Software, including use of tools to bypass, disable, or circumvent any encryption, security, or authentication mechanism for the PS3™ system

PSN Terms of use:

You must not cheat or engage in deceptive, fraudulent or misleading practices.

You must not use any unauthorised hardware or software to access or use Sony Online Services or make, or distribute unauthorised software or hardware via, or in connection with, Sony Online Services (including but not limited to cheat code software or devices that circumvent any security features or limitations included on any software or devices).

You must not modify or attempt to modify the online client, disc, save file, server, client-server communication, or other part of any Service or cause disruption to any account, system, hardware, software, or network connected to Sony Online Services for any reason, including to gain an unfair advantage in any Service.

You must not bypass or attempt to bypass any user authentication systems or security feature or attempt to hack or reverse engineer any code or equipment in connection with Sony Online Services (unless permitted by applicable law).

Too long didnt read:
Yes you can get banned for having CFW
Last edited by game1231 ; 01-24-2011 at 01:59 PM.

The following 2 users say thank you to game1231 for this useful post:

Collapse, Rockshow
01-24-2011, 01:57 PM #2
yer you might get banned
01-24-2011, 01:59 PM #3
zxz0O0
Are you high?
Lets make a poll of how many scared kids will make a thread about "will I get bannz0rz???"
01-24-2011, 03:49 PM #4
PlayDude77
Gym leader
zomg... :wtf:

Just 'cause they can, doesn't mean they will in fact ban people who used CFW for now. Sure hope not, for the sake of my only PS3. :X
01-24-2011, 03:52 PM #5
ResistTheSun
In Flames Much?
If your just running CFW which is the FW with a mod
They won't ban you because no flags

If you start to run software which is unsigned and sign into PSN , they could ban you for that.
Don't believe sony put in the method to ban users yet well not on auto ban.
01-24-2011, 04:09 PM #6
PlayDude77
Gym leader
Originally posted by ResistTheSun View Post
If your just running CFW which is the FW with a mod
They won't ban you because no flags

If you start to run software which is unsigned and sign into PSN , they could ban you for that.
Don't believe sony put in the method to ban users yet well not on auto ban.

I don't see why anyone would install CFW if they don't want to use unsigned software or backups.

Well, mostly i installed a CFW to use emulators and host Challenge Lobbies on MW2 (on private games of course, just for the fun of it.)
I never connect to the PSN (or the internet for that matter) whenever i'm using homebrew. Don't know if that's enough, but i like to play safe.
01-24-2011, 05:34 PM #7
they most likely wont ban people, how long have people been JailBroken and not been banned, like from 3.41, no one has been banned that I know of. Also, can (if banning happens) you get banned if your on OFW and have deleted anything you have done? But if banning does happen then SONY are gonna loose a lot of fans.
01-24-2011, 05:53 PM #8
tasos2
Bounty hunter
so guys could i install the 3.55 not the CFW !!! AND NOT GET BANNED ??
01-24-2011, 05:54 PM #9
'War
Keeper
Not sure if i'm allowed to post links to images in the forum but this is very informative information.

These pictures were posted by someone on a different forum.

He Emailed sony and they replied, about jailbreaking.
(Pic 2 is most important.)

1. You must login or register to view this content.
2. You must login or register to view this content.
Last edited by 'War ; 01-24-2011 at 05:56 PM.

The following 2 users say thank you to 'War for this useful post:

Cpt.ATo, Superchunk
01-24-2011, 06:00 PM #10
juddylovespizza
I'VE GOT JUNGLE FEVER
I hope they do would be a funny day

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo