01-24-2011, 01:32 PM #1
game1231
< ^ > < ^ >
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); I made this beacuse many people are wondering and panicing about banning so im clearing it up a little bit.

After having a quicklook onto Sony's PS3 Terms of Use I noticed a few points that could affect users that have hacked the PS3.

Here are just some:

PS3 Terms of use:

You may not lease, rent, sublicense, publish, modify, adapt, or translate any portion of the Game Software.

Source: You must login or register to view this content.

You may not (i) use any unauthorized, illegal, counterfeit, or modified hardware or software in connection with the System Software, including use of tools to bypass, disable, or circumvent any encryption, security, or authentication mechanism for the PS3™ system

PSN Terms of use:

You must not cheat or engage in deceptive, fraudulent or misleading practices.

You must not use any unauthorised hardware or software to access or use Sony Online Services or make, or distribute unauthorised software or hardware via, or in connection with, Sony Online Services (including but not limited to cheat code software or devices that circumvent any security features or limitations included on any software or devices).

You must not modify or attempt to modify the online client, disc, save file, server, client-server communication, or other part of any Service or cause disruption to any account, system, hardware, software, or network connected to Sony Online Services for any reason, including to gain an unfair advantage in any Service.

You must not bypass or attempt to bypass any user authentication systems or security feature or attempt to hack or reverse engineer any code or equipment in connection with Sony Online Services (unless permitted by applicable law).

Too long didnt read:
Yes you can get banned for having CFW
Last edited by game1231 ; 01-24-2011 at 01:59 PM.

The following 2 users say thank you to game1231 for this useful post:

Collapse, Rockshow
01-24-2011, 07:14 PM #20
PlayDude77
Gym leader
Originally posted by game1231 View Post
So they basically mean your PS3 will be banned from PSN

Yes or no... Actually the support woman wasn't too clear on that subject. :FU:

I believe she was referring to a mandatory update that prevents whoever uses CFW to connect to PSN, as Sony has been doing for a long time (PSP included). :confused:
01-24-2011, 07:22 PM #21
Lol. I called Sony myself and asked if they were banning people for custom firmware, and the guy directly said that CFW is a new thing to them and you can not get banned for it at this time. I'm sick of all this bullshit. If you're afraid of getting banned don't use CFW.
01-24-2011, 07:25 PM #22
game1231
< ^ > < ^ >
Originally posted by PlayDude77 View Post
Yes or no... Actually the support woman wasn't too clear on that subject. :FU:

I believe she was referring to a mandatory update that prevents whoever uses CFW to connect to PSN, as Sony has been doing for a long time (PSP included). :confused:

Hmm this is intresting, if you have time can you tell me more about PSP? Is there CFW on PSP? And what did Sony do to stop it?
01-24-2011, 07:32 PM #23
'War
Keeper
Sorry guys, that's all the info i had, as i said. A member of a different forum posted that information, and i decided to share it with you guys. ( Idk what she ment either.)
01-24-2011, 07:34 PM #24
PlayDude77
Gym leader
Originally posted by game1231 View Post
Hmm this is intresting, if you have time can you tell me more about PSP? Is there CFW on PSP? And what did Sony do to stop it?

Well, they didn't do anything except keeping releasing new updates.

The online on the PSP was secondary, so most people didnt give a damn if they were to get banned for using CFW, which they haven't to this point.
But the hackers just kept cracking Sony's firmwares, it's a never ending cycle.. That's why the PSP is pretty much dead now.

And for now that "update/crack cycle little game" with the hackers has been happening with the PS3 too!
Let's hope it stays that way, me no likey bans! :derp:

Originally posted by War View Post
Sorry guys, that's all the info i had, as i said. A member of a different forum posted that information, and i decided to share it with you guys. ( Idk what she ment either.)

Can you at least give us the source?
01-24-2011, 07:39 PM #25
game1231
< ^ > < ^ >
Well, they didn't do anything except keeping releasing new updates.

The online on the PSP was secondary, so most people didnt give a damn if they were to get banned for using CFW, which they haven't to this point.
But the hackers just kept cracking Sony's firmwares, it's a never ending cycle.. That's why the PSP is pretty much dead now.

And for now that "update/crack cycle little game" with the hackers has been happening with the PS3 too!
Let's hope it stays that way, me no likey bans! :derp:

I'll guess we will just have to wait and see how it turns out. Going to be intresting.

I also think the court case is not going to affect if you will get banned or not, I mean it might affect how CFW will be used in the future but not if you will get banned or not.
01-24-2011, 07:41 PM #26
'War
Keeper

Well I haven't quite read the rules of NGU yet, and don't really want to post another forum on here but i'll quote exactly what he has said.

Originally posted by Slay
I've got the run around with some questions so I finally emailed / called sony. the person on the phone sounded like they could be my grandmother, so I emailed them and got this reply.

^That's what he said, and under than he put the images.

Here is the link, hopefully i don't get infracted.

EDIT: I Removed link, forgot i can Pm people, silly me...
Last edited by 'War ; 01-24-2011 at 07:45 PM.
01-24-2011, 07:51 PM #27
waltuO
N'wahs With Attitude
Originally posted by TrueSkyl1n3 View Post
I believe they're waiting to see what comes out of the court case.

If Geohot wins, Sony can't do much.

If Sony wins (lolz), then they have an excuse to do whatever the **** they want.

If Geohot wins, Sony can still do what ever the **** they want because the PSN Terms of Service aren't changing.
But I doubt they'll come to banning anyway, so it doesn't really matter.

The following user thanked waltuO for this useful post:

daley174
01-24-2011, 10:26 PM #28
Hakon
Ettore Bugatti
No, i JUST sold my Jailbreak Ps3, the good old 3.41 :O So i decided to go back to OFW on my Ps3 and cleaned out the history. This is becaouse i do not wanna get banned so i need to buy yet another one. If GeoHot wins, which he will i will go back on CFW :y:

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo