05-06-2011, 07:39 PM #1
callofduty6
Hacker in the making.
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Honestly, my opinion is that i think Sony deserved what they got. Only because of people jailbreaking they got a lot more strict with all the agreements and such. I only jailbreak to transfer patches AND THATS A CRIME!?!? Also i do believe that people who used .pkg's to get free stuff should get punished criminaly for STEALING. im not hatin' or anything about that-----------------------^ And for all the people that groaned at this thread, i feel bad for you. Because all i am trying to do is to reflect on how SONY reacted and what happened to their severs in CaLi, Im trying to hear what people think, Groaning is ABSOLUTELY POINTLESS!!! Also -rep wow really cool also POINTLESS
Last edited by callofduty6 ; 05-07-2011 at 12:46 AM. Reason: need to edit

The following 2 users say thank you to callofduty6 for this useful post:

djh1495, H4x0R LeGiTz

The following 11 users groaned at callofduty6 for this awful post:

courtjester51, Hickey, J-Whitey26, KingChronic, KingEric2011, mcstyle24, mw2Lobbys, Phabio92, QuicKxReFLeXx, shaneod
05-06-2011, 08:36 PM #29
callofduty6
Hacker in the making.
Originally posted by JokerLol View Post
Im 20 you moron. Before you call me the kid, Learn to construct a ****ing sentence first asshole.

Yo stop flaming if you are 20 u would no better to insult people when not insulted. Second, i never called you a kid i said "you are prob. a kid too". And i think i know how to "construct" a sentence. MORON
05-06-2011, 08:36 PM #30
FullTilt
Little One
Originally posted by callofduty6 View Post
that told me? i said opinion not some nerd telling me his "FACTS"

Yes, and I corrected your opinion with my 'facts' because your opinion was highly uneducated and lacked any support.
05-06-2011, 08:43 PM #31
callofduty6
Hacker in the making.
Originally posted by ONYX View Post
sony knew this would happen, they have been warned by many a long time ago....helll even geohot warned them their security was a joke.....

i dont feel bad for sony at all... yes they did deserve this.....maybe they will wake up now....it SUX for us the CONSUMERS...

there, you asked, and I answered, boo hoo to sony.... shame on them......

I AGREE COMPLETELY. Thats kinda of the point i was getting across

---------- Post added at 03:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:37 PM ----------

Originally posted by fbx94x View Post
Nah no prob. I could see how you could get that mixed up. But I just meant in general to the hackers who put PSN down.

Yea understand that, but i also dont think that some people should get away with piracy, you know?

---------- Post added at 03:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:39 PM ----------

Originally posted by FullTilt View Post
Yes, and I corrected your opinion with my 'facts' because your opinion was highly uneducated and lacked any support.

how is it highluy uneducated? In the agreement is says u CANT modify your system. Which is breaking terms of service which could be "illegal" in some ways. Also piracy is definatly illegal. Happy now English professor?
05-06-2011, 08:54 PM #32
If you go through your user manual it says you cannot temper with your device and gain a unfair advantage. And how the hell does sony deserve this, just for not letting people gain an unfair advantage? No! Sony is an honest company who just want the best for there costumers. So if you feel that way then GTFO. SONY FTW.
05-06-2011, 10:22 PM #33
Porter_Justice
Cake is a lie
No. Considering we have been without PSN 2 weeks, PS3 could have went under forcing us to Xbox and Thousands of innocent Sony employees potentially losing their jobs.

Having a slow ass Linux aint worth all that. It was removed like TWO years ago and it didn't propel Sony to number # 1 console levels. It's like buy a PC and run Linux on that.

Originally posted by psameht View Post
yea they deserved it. false advertising

How is it false advertisement? If you went to Walmart to buy a PS3 today does it still say "Install Other OS"?

---------- Post added at 05:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:12 PM ----------

Jailbreaking your device is not a crime - distributing the information that enables that is protected by law is. GeoHot was fighting to have a law set similar to the current one for cell phones to specifically allow jailbreaking to apply to all or at least game consoles. However, jailbreaking is a direct breach of your Terms of Service agreement. You took the risk and knew of the repercussions that were possible - they don't deserve anything negative towards them.

Sony loses money and customers as a direct result of things made possible by jailbroken devices. People quit buying and using the PS3 after the 'mass hackings' of MW2. Though it was a small faction of players - it was a clear loss. They also lose money from piracy - and you can't say "I wasn't going to buy it anyway." That logic is the most retarded thing I've ever heard - you may not have bought it, so Sony may not have lost money from you. However, the publishers of software for the PS3 sign agreements with Sony, who say they will protect their intellectual property - including game piracy and DLC content. Piracy hurts the main company (Sony), publishers, developers and the consumer. Future publishers may stray away from Sony because of the flaws shown in their security, which will hurt the consumer.

I am in no way against jailbreaking and homebrew - I support the idea that you should be able to do whatever you want to do to your console. BUT, if you breach the terms of service, don't complain if you get banned. I am, however, against piracy.

EXACTLY. Hacking is fine as long as you don't feel entitled to be able to do so. Priacy is to save money which is fine. Sony trying to stop Priacy is also fine. People act like they are fighting the man but in reality they just want CFW and/or free shit.

---------- Post added at 05:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:15 PM ----------

Originally posted by callofduty6 View Post
that told me? i said opinion not some nerd telling me his "FACTS"

A nerd is someone who would say Sony deserved all this for removing a lame ass OS and trying yo prevent money loss on their third place console.
05-06-2011, 10:45 PM #34
Ameht!
Dark Knight
Originally posted by Justice View Post
No. Considering we have been without PSN 2 weeks, PS3 could have went under forcing us to Xbox and Thousands of innocent Sony employees potentially losing their jobs.

Having a slow ass Linux aint worth all that. It was removed like TWO years ago and it didn't propel Sony to number # 1 console levels. It's like buy a PC and run Linux on that.

How is it false advertisement? If you went to Walmart to buy a PS3 today does it still say "Install Other OS"?

---------- Post added at 05:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:12 PM ----------

EXACTLY. Hacking is fine as long as you don't feel entitled to be able to do so. Priacy is to save money which is fine. Sony trying to stop Priacy is also fine. People act like they are fighting the man but in reality they just want CFW and/or free shit.

---------- Post added at 05:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:15 PM ----------

A nerd is someone who would say Sony deserved all this for removing a lame ass OS and trying yo prevent money loss on their third place console.

i bought mines when it was in the advertising. i have a fat 80gb. with 500gb hdd i installed. so yes its false advertising to me. my box says other os on it. wtf .

---------- Post added at 05:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:41 PM ----------

Originally posted by JokerLol View Post
All out of groans, lucky /facepalm
Sony do not deserve this, Look at all you skids saying they deserved it.. If it wasn't for Sony you'd be paying to go online :/

and i would pay it. money is not the issue. and your gonna groan me cuz of my opinion on FACTS. when i bought my ps3 it said other os system. on the box , in the manual and on tv. so your just a douche who wants to give out groans. they did deserve it. why you think they settled with geohotz? he didnt do anything ILLEGAL!! yes sony deserves this and more.

---------- Post added at 05:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:43 PM ----------

Are you retarded? They didn't false advertise anything.

Lets take OtherOS into account. Yes I wish it stayed, but you are not forced to update your firmware. Your ToS states that if you wish to continue to use online services, you must stay up to date with FW updates. The ToS also states that you may lose features (such as Other OS) when updating. All of this was stated, it is just ignorant people who don't understand the literature of contracts when they buy something. Perhaps next time you will actually read what you are agreeing to before hitting accept.

yes but then when you spend your hard earn money on a new game you can't play it online. so wtf. thats why that one guy won his case against sony on the same basis. he DIDNOT UPDATE HIS FW BUT WHEN HE BOUGHT A NEW GAME HE HAD TO UPDATE OR NOT PLAY ONLINE? AND HE WON!!! yes they did false advertise. its either use linux or do play any new game
05-06-2011, 11:23 PM #35
FullTilt
Little One

yes but then when you spend your hard earn money on a new game you can't play it online. so wtf. thats why that one guy won his case against sony on the same basis. he DIDNOT UPDATE HIS FW BUT WHEN HE BOUGHT A NEW GAME HE HAD TO UPDATE OR NOT PLAY ONLINE? AND HE WON!!! yes they did false advertise. its either use linux or do play any new game

It is common knowledge that Sony REQUIRES all games to use the most recent firmware available upon it's publication. They do not 'false advertise' this in any way. As for the case, I don't recall anything like that of the sort happening - link me to a source.
05-06-2011, 11:24 PM #36
callofduty6
Hacker in the making.
i bought mines when it was in the advertising. i have a fat 80gb. with 500gb hdd i installed. so yes its false advertising to me. my box says other os on it. wtf .

---------- Post added at 05:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:41 PM ----------

and i would pay it. money is not the issue. and your gonna groan me cuz of my opinion on FACTS. when i bought my ps3 it said other os system. on the box , in the manual and on tv. so your just a douche who wants to give out groans. they did deserve it. why you think they settled with geohotz? he didnt do anything ILLEGAL!! yes sony deserves this and more.

---------- Post added at 05:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:43 PM ----------

Thank you someone starts making sense +rep for you
05-06-2011, 11:27 PM #37
PantsuRanger
Do a barrel roll!
Originally posted by xTriicZ View Post
I personally dont think they deserved what has happend
^^ My thoughts.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo