05-06-2011, 07:39 PM #1
callofduty6
Hacker in the making.
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Honestly, my opinion is that i think Sony deserved what they got. Only because of people jailbreaking they got a lot more strict with all the agreements and such. I only jailbreak to transfer patches AND THATS A CRIME!?!? Also i do believe that people who used .pkg's to get free stuff should get punished criminaly for STEALING. im not hatin' or anything about that-----------------------^ And for all the people that groaned at this thread, i feel bad for you. Because all i am trying to do is to reflect on how SONY reacted and what happened to their severs in CaLi, Im trying to hear what people think, Groaning is ABSOLUTELY POINTLESS!!! Also -rep wow really cool also POINTLESS
Last edited by callofduty6 ; 05-07-2011 at 12:46 AM. Reason: need to edit

The following 2 users say thank you to callofduty6 for this useful post:

djh1495, H4x0R LeGiTz

The following 11 users groaned at callofduty6 for this awful post:

courtjester51, Hickey, J-Whitey26, KingChronic, KingEric2011, mcstyle24, mw2Lobbys, Phabio92, QuicKxReFLeXx, shaneod
05-07-2011, 12:58 AM #56
callofduty6
Hacker in the making.
Originally posted by swerve187 View Post
no they didnt because we are the ones who got hurt loss of are info no psn sony deserves something but not like this, its just wrong. I have a j.b. ps3 and i love modded lobbies on mw2 but stealing is stealing just saying :dingding:

I completely 100% agree
05-07-2011, 12:58 AM #57
FullTilt
Little One
Originally posted by callofduty6 View Post
thank for correcting me but now understand the full case. But i still dont see the big deal for this the only thing i see bad about this is piracy. But you sure know your shit bud good job Smile

I'm sure Sony didn't want to sue George Hotz, and didn't want cfw to be such an issue. But they have to protect their own intellectual property as well as game developers. A developer isn't going to want to distribute it's product on a console where piracy is readily available and easy to access. I had no problem with cfw, but Sony has to be able to protect themselves and those who develop on it's platform. It just upsets me when people attack Sony when they are just enforcing their rules and making game developers happy.

You're right though, it shouldn't have been this big a deal. But cheating and piracy are serious issues on all consoles, and Sony wouldn't be doing it's part if they didn't try to stop it. If Other OS had been perfect, and didn't have security loop holes, I'm sure it would not have been removed. GeoHotz was against piracy, even though he didn't directly enable it, he gave out the information that made it possible. Had the cfw and homebrew that was being used not been used in piracy or cheating, I'm sure Sony wouldn't have reacted in the same manner as they did.

Sony may not be handling this situation how they should, but they didn't deserve to have this happen to them, and more importantly, the consumer doesn't deserve the downtime caused by the situation.

The following 2 users say thank you to FullTilt for this useful post:

callofduty6, Markie-
05-07-2011, 01:06 AM #58
callofduty6
Hacker in the making.
Originally posted by FullTilt View Post
I'm sure Sony didn't want to sue George Hotz, and didn't want cfw to be such an issue. But they have to protect their own intellectual property as well as game developers. A developer isn't going to want to distribute it's product on a console where piracy is readily available and easy to access. I had no problem with cfw, but Sony has to be able to protect themselves and those who develop on it's platform. It just upsets me when people attack Sony when they are just enforcing their rules and making game developers happy.

You're right though, it shouldn't have been this big a deal. But cheating and piracy are serious issues on all consoles, and Sony wouldn't be doing it's part if they didn't try to stop it. If Other OS had been perfect, and didn't have security loop holes, I'm sure it would not have been removed. GeoHotz was against piracy, even though he didn't directly enable it, he gave out the information that made it possible. Had the cfw and homebrew that was being used not been used in piracy or cheating, I'm sure Sony wouldn't have reacted in the same manner as they did.

Sony may not be handling this situation how they should, but they didn't deserve to have this happen to them, and more importantly, the consumer doesn't deserve the downtime caused by the situation.

im not going to lie but i really dont know what other os is though. But you are right.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo