05-06-2011, 07:39 PM #1
callofduty6
Hacker in the making.
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Honestly, my opinion is that i think Sony deserved what they got. Only because of people jailbreaking they got a lot more strict with all the agreements and such. I only jailbreak to transfer patches AND THATS A CRIME!?!? Also i do believe that people who used .pkg's to get free stuff should get punished criminaly for STEALING. im not hatin' or anything about that-----------------------^ And for all the people that groaned at this thread, i feel bad for you. Because all i am trying to do is to reflect on how SONY reacted and what happened to their severs in CaLi, Im trying to hear what people think, Groaning is ABSOLUTELY POINTLESS!!! Also -rep wow really cool also POINTLESS
Last edited by callofduty6 ; 05-07-2011 at 12:46 AM. Reason: need to edit

The following 2 users say thank you to callofduty6 for this useful post:

djh1495, H4x0R LeGiTz

The following 11 users groaned at callofduty6 for this awful post:

courtjester51, Hickey, J-Whitey26, KingChronic, KingEric2011, mcstyle24, mw2Lobbys, Phabio92, QuicKxReFLeXx, shaneod
05-06-2011, 11:27 PM #38
They deserve it 100%

The following user groaned Enter User Name for this awful post:

courtjester51
05-06-2011, 11:28 PM #39
callofduty6
Hacker in the making.
Originally posted by Justice View Post
No. Considering we have been without PSN 2 weeks, PS3 could have went under forcing us to Xbox and Thousands of innocent Sony employees potentially losing their jobs.

Having a slow ass Linux aint worth all that. It was removed like TWO years ago and it didn't propel Sony to number # 1 console levels. It's like buy a PC and run Linux on that.

How is it false advertisement? If you went to Walmart to buy a PS3 today does it still say "Install Other OS"?

---------- Post added at 05:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:12 PM ----------

EXACTLY. Hacking is fine as long as you don't feel entitled to be able to do so. Priacy is to save money which is fine. Sony trying to stop Priacy is also fine. People act like they are fighting the man but in reality they just want CFW and/or free shit.

---------- Post added at 05:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:15 PM ----------

A nerd is someone who would say Sony deserved all this for removing a lame ass OS and trying yo prevent money loss on their third place console.

you sound so stupid right now, piracy is ILLEGAL not fine, when i mod most of the time its not for "unfair advantage" im probably the only person who HELPS everyone in the lobby.
05-06-2011, 11:29 PM #40
justeve
< ^ > < ^ >
Sony got what they deserved,they have had a good run until now with pushing for bluray and crushing hi def dvd,putting silient install rootkit software on there music cds which screwed peoples pc's
Its the customers I feel for they brought a product which clearly stated what you could do with it and then sony changed the rules to suit them.
So **** sony.
Last edited by justeve ; 05-06-2011 at 11:32 PM. Reason: Error
05-06-2011, 11:31 PM #41
callofduty6
Hacker in the making.
Originally posted by PantsuRanger View Post
^^ My thoughts.

everyone is entitled to there opinion, Smile but some people flame for what people think :( which is very annoying :yuno:
05-06-2011, 11:32 PM #42
Originally posted by Enter
They deserve it 100%

you sir are a dumbass
DUMBASS
05-06-2011, 11:34 PM #43
Newfie
Former super mod
I personally don't think that they deserved it. They were being strict with about the jailbreaking because they didn't want pirated games.
05-06-2011, 11:42 PM #44
Ameht!
Dark Knight
Originally posted by FullTilt View Post
It is common knowledge that Sony REQUIRES all games to use the most recent firmware available upon it's publication. They do not 'false advertise' this in any way. As for the case, I don't recall anything like that of the sort happening - link me to a source.

1st of its not "common knowledge" its only common knowledge to people who are on psn all the time. someone who used the linux feature only then bought a game does not know this. also the airforce was running on linux ps3 and there in on the law suit vs sony. you know what it is to have a section of the air force down due to updating your fw. and i would link you but i know its FACTUAL so why dont you do some work and search. it was posted on NGU a few weeks back right after the ddos attack from ANON
05-06-2011, 11:53 PM #45
FullTilt
Little One
Originally posted by justeve View Post
Sony got what they deserved,they have had a good run until now with pushing for bluray and crushing hi def dvd,putting silient install rootkit software on there music cds which screwed peoples pc's
Its the customers I feel for they brought a product which clearly stated what you could do with it and then sony changed the rules to suit them.
So **** sony.

You could still have every feature the system had when you bought it. The ToS clearly state that features may change, and the ToS may change at any time. You knew exactly what you would lose in a software update, it was your choice to agree to the new ToS - no one as forcing you to update. The cds I'm not going to touch on - that was wrong. As for Bluray vs HD DVD, I'll take Bluray. It can hold more content, and while the HD DVD may win some categories, as an overall I feel the quality of a Bluray is of higher quality.

And they didn't "change the rules to suit them." They changed the rules by removing Other OS to protect intellectual property and prevent security risks.

While you are entitled to your opinion, please don't bias them because you are against them. You have to think of this in a neutral way. A small percent of users used Other OS, so when it was removed - it wasn't that big an issue. Now everyone is complaining because of Sony's response on CFW, because a much larger percent of users were using it (many for piracy.) People can't just jump on the bandwagon that 'Oh, screw Sony! They took away Other OS' because most of the people using this argument didn't even use Other OS, and the majority of CFW users didn't use it for Homebrew, except for running modified patches and piracy reasons.

I can agree, that Sony did not handle this situation in the best of ways, but then again Sony should never had been in this situation. The fault lies on both ends - hackers wanting to get back at Sony because they disagreed with Sony's ways of protecting players and developers, and Sony's fault for having such an insecure system.

---------- Post added at 07:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:51 PM ----------

Originally posted by psameht View Post
1st of its not "common knowledge" its only common knowledge to people who are on psn all the time. someone who used the linux feature only then bought a game does not know this. also the airforce was running on linux ps3 and there in on the law suit vs sony. you know what it is to have a section of the air force down due to updating your fw. and i would link you but i know its FACTUAL so why dont you do some work and search. it was posted on NGU a few weeks back right after the ddos attack from ANON

No.... Sony deals exclusively with the Air Force and distributes them modified systems. These consoles are not standard consumer issue, as they have GameOS and other levels removed in order to add security and limit security loop holes. The Air Force IS IN NO WAY IN A LAWSUIT AGAINST SONY. Why the hell would a supercomputer need to update its firmware to play new games?

Stop getting your 'factual' information from forums and actually read legitimate news outlets and research.

Also - on the back games:
Originally posted by another user

Use of the PlayStation Network is subject to the PlayStation Network Terms of Service and User Agreement and applicable privacy policy, see You must login or register to view this content.. Children under 18 must have parental consent to establish a PlayStation Network Account and may not be able to access certain content or services. PlayStation Network features and offerings may change without notice.

Anything that is not common knowledge is explicitly stated in the ToS that is featured on all games. You should be aware of what you are agreeing to before you click accept.
Last edited by FullTilt ; 05-06-2011 at 11:58 PM.
05-07-2011, 12:05 AM #46
callofduty6
Hacker in the making.
Originally posted by courtjester51 View Post
you sir are a dumbass
DUMBASS

yet again flaming over someones opinion GET A LIFE

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo