11-25-2013, 10:28 AM #1
NGU GHOST
The One And Only
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); PS4 FW Tool 1.0.0

Developer SKFU realease the first tool abaut PS4. With this tool, you can see PS4 firmware details, unpack and pack PS4 (SLB2 Container) firmware. This tool doesn't unpack and pack (inner) PUP at the moment. For more details, see the SKFU notes bleow.

SKFU wrote:

Features:

Show PS4 firmware details
Unpack PS4 (SLB2 container) firmware
Pack PS4 (SLB2 container) firmware
Todo:

Unpack (inner) PUP
Pack (inner) PUP

~~~Keep in mind that SLB2 files are the complete firmware files. SLB2 files contain PUP files.

SONY just used the file extension ".PUP" for the actual SLB2 firmware files to make it less confusing for common users.

Download You must login or register to view this content.

The following 44 users say thank you to NGU GHOST for this useful post:

-SuperMan, ⚔Spanners⚔, 1reyalp, abb890, AlexNGU, Asian, TheDeadLift, forcer911, gianluca33, GodofHosting, hkownz, houdrummer, iBestTalent, IceRiddle, iModCod420, Isaac Clarke, IVisionsI, ResistTheJamsha, justeve, LaRip8, LaughTracks, monkeyhaze77, Mr Grumpy, Mr. Revenge, Mythusala, Norway-_-1999, NUKES-X-MODS-X, Ozy, PolychromePowey, Pseudo_Soldier, Rebuged, RTE Modz, Samham54, setsae, SWAT CLAN, The Demon, ThePaaqoHD, Txctical, UnwrittenFayt, worrorfight, wumbo, yomen9, Ziad1997
11-25-2013, 06:35 PM #11
Guys calm down, unpacking sony's firmware is useless. Devs might find some interesting stuff but not a jailbreak.
11-25-2013, 06:57 PM #12
nay1995
The Master
i think we all need to simmer down, this will not lead to anything, if it does it will be a simple hello world text change or something similar, sony fixed their issues years ago, although it still happens today, you need a specific firmware to have other modded firmwares, the reason for this as we all know was because sony had a loop hole in the firmware allowing people to get the private key, this key allowed people to sign their own applications for the console, According to my research the exploit actually came from a weakness in the ECDSA algorithm as it set K to a static instead of a random.

If there is any break through's, it wont be any time soon, and wont affect our play.
Last edited by nay1995 ; 11-25-2013 at 07:30 PM.

The following 2 users say thank you to nay1995 for this useful post:

+vA.LooSe, NGU GHOST
11-25-2013, 07:11 PM #13
+vA.LooSe
Official NGU Music Man
Originally posted by iTruceFret View Post
Right? What people don't understand is that Sony is already fucked by having their PS3 manipulated as badly as it is. Want hacked stats or trophies on the PS4? No problem. Just have someone do it on a DEX system on their hacked PS3. It's as if they were too stupid to possibly start completely over on a new platform. Instead, they think bringing over the PS3 shit to the PS4 would offer some sort of simplicity for the 10 year old children who think the PS3 has never been hacked and play those gay ass kid games that are all rated E.

Very true they should have started on a whole new Network for the ps4 something on the lines on psn(2) or whatever so yes the console won't be perfect but it's secure as of release

Originally posted by Bad
Guys calm down, unpacking sony's firmware is useless. Devs might find some interesting stuff but not a jailbreak.

It's not the point of just snooping around its the fact people are looking and trying to make a name for them selfs like geohot or what ever he was called? They don't realise there just dough bags looking for E fame, and are looking to unintentionally or intentionally ruin the gaming experience for other players :/

Originally posted by nay1995 View Post
i think we all need to simmer down, this will not lead to anything, if it does it will be a simple hello world text change or something similar, sony fixed their issues years ago, although it still happens today, you need a specific firmware to have other modded firmwares, the reason for this as we all know was because sony had a loop hole in the firmware allowing people to get the private key, ECDSA was implemented to prevent this from happening again, and it hasn't.

Correct me if any of the above is wrong, i think its called ECDSA...

If there is any break through's, it wont be any time soon, and wont affect our play.

Good contribution nay Smile Everything you said was correct Smile but if you read the above you will see why things like this piss me off lol

The following 2 users say thank you to +vA.LooSe for this useful post:

Hells, nay1995
11-25-2013, 07:17 PM #14
nay1995
The Master
Originally posted by vA.LooSe View Post
Very true they should have started on a whole new Network for the ps4 something on the lines on psn(2) or whatever so yes the console won't be perfect but it's secure as of release

It's not the point of just snooping around its the fact people are looking and trying to make a name for them selfs like geohot or what ever he was called? They don't realise there just dough bags looking for E fame, and are looking to unintentionally or intentionally ruin the gaming experience for other players :/

Good contribution nay Smile Everything you said was correct Smile but if you read the above you will see why things like this piss me off lol

its actually a very interesting topic, on how failoverflow and geohot actually cracked the system, although everything ive said is true, sony and xbox both use x86 architecture on their next gen consoles, loads of people are familiar with this layout and maybe there will be an exploit by bypassing certain hardware checks like on the 360.
11-25-2013, 07:24 PM #15
ChicoApple
Save Point
Gracias por el aporte, es alagante saber que la gente si interesa en Ps4 jailbreak! un saludo sigan asi hacen un gran trabajo!
11-25-2013, 07:24 PM #16
+vA.LooSe
Official NGU Music Man
Originally posted by nay1995 View Post
its actually a very interesting topic, on how failoverflow and geohot actually cracked the system, although everything ive said is true, sony and xbox both use x86 architecture on their next gen consoles, loads of people are familiar with this layout and maybe there will be an exploit by bypassing certain hardware checks like on the 360.

I agree it's a good topic to talk about, they never actually release their methods on how they jailbroken the console, which in my opinion is a good thing so people still have to fine out how to do it them selfs without ripping others work. Also on the topic of the use of x86 architecture I think they have gone for it as there are more checks when it comes to installing a patch and verifying it's authenticity before allowing the user to install it ins such preventing a future jailbreak, but as you said people are familiar with the layout so hopefully they do have quite a few authenticity checks running in the background.

The following user thanked +vA.LooSe for this useful post:

nay1995
11-25-2013, 07:39 PM #17
nay1995
The Master
if anyone's interested.

The following 2 users say thank you to nay1995 for this useful post:

+vA.LooSe, BASEBALL4EVER12
11-25-2013, 07:50 PM #18

I Personally hope it will have some kinds of exploits (not ruining anything tho) because learning from modding/hacking is really interesting and x86 seems so to be a new challenge for me. Smile

The following user thanked Bad Luck Kevin for this useful post:

nay1995
11-25-2013, 08:07 PM #19
Absolute Zero
Do your homework, fool.
One can not just calm the titties down, when the titties start they must run there course Smile
But I agree nothing will come from this Smile

"titties"

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo