02-23-2013, 02:45 PM #1
Default Avatar
Mewtwo
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Something I have been questioning since the Sony Event is will PSN start costing money on the PS4? Sony and the PS3 have built a very good customer relationship due to PSN being accessible for free for all users and this is a feature that has set theirselves apart from Microsoft and its Xbox. However, with Sony buying Gaikai for $380 million and giving users a world record cloud based gaming service do you think PSN will cost this time around? Would you still buy the PS4 if PSN started costing money or would you feel like Sony has turned its loyalty on users for extra money?

The following 2 users say thank you to Mewtwo for this useful post:

Immaculate., oOMW2Oo
02-23-2013, 04:45 PM #11
Hadenkin
< ^ > < ^ >
I believe the PSN will continue to be free, but they will add a lot of more cool features to the PS+, or maybe there is Good Guy Sony and PSN users will have Streaming for free, who knows, it's all speculation about now.
However, if Sony makes PSN to be payed I will definetly move to computer using Steam.

The following user thanked Hadenkin for this useful post:

oOMW2Oo
02-24-2013, 10:00 AM #12
Originally posted by Mewtwo View Post
Something I have been questioning since the Sony Event is will PSN start costing money on the PS4? Sony and the PS3 have built a very good customer relationship due to PSN being accessible for free for all users and this is a feature that has set theirselves apart from Microsoft and its Xbox. However, with Sony buying Gaikai for $380 million and giving users a world record cloud based gaming service do you think PSN will cost this time around? Would you still buy the PS4 if PSN started costing money or would you feel like Sony has turned its loyalty on users for extra money?

Im not paying just for online

The following user thanked I'm Rudi for this useful post:

oOMW2Oo
02-24-2013, 02:49 PM #13
no, im sure it will still be free
02-24-2013, 03:15 PM #14
Elk
Lithium.
I highly doubt Sony would charge for the online service. I can see them upgrading the PS+ service to something better.
Even if the upgraded the servers etc.. and did start to charge for it, I'd defiantly pay for it as it'd be worth it, but they wouldn't do that lol
02-24-2013, 03:15 PM #15
JP
Israeli/Palestinian Unity
Probably not no, but as Budz said we would finally have a reason to complain about it if they did.
02-28-2013, 06:07 PM #16
Chaz
Tremble Underfoot
Originally posted by Plathunter8 View Post
If ti costs i will go to xbox, thats the only reason i have not got one now to be honest.

Why would you go to Xbox then? The money from a subscription service would go towards more servers just how
Xbox has. Going to Xbox cuts down on the exclusive titles you can get. Then again, its your personal choice
so do as you wish. Smile
02-28-2013, 08:30 PM #17
Keomo
Can’t trickshot me!
Originally posted by Chaz View Post
Why would you go to Xbox then? The money from a subscription service would go towards more servers just how
Xbox has. Going to Xbox cuts down on the exclusive titles you can get. Then again, its your personal choice
so do as you wish. Smile

More like it goes towards an already rich man's already filled up wallet.

PSN should remain free, otherwise all these changes they made to the PS4 would be futile, they are trying to make the PS4 easily accesible to people, so a free network should be exactly that, but even if you had to pay it would be absurdly cheap. Speaking of cheap, why would they go through the trouble of providing a mic and a controller that doesnt REQUIRE BATTERIES in the same package? If people are lucky, they may even get a free PS4 eye. But yeah, I'm guessing it will stay the same...
02-28-2013, 08:34 PM #18
Chaz
Tremble Underfoot
Originally posted by Keomo View Post
More like it goes towards an already rich man's already filled up wallet.

PSN should remain free, otherwise all these changes they made to the PS4 would be futile, they are trying to make the PS4 easily accesible to people, so a free network should be exactly that, but even if you had to pay it would be absurdly cheap. Speaking of cheap, why would they go through the trouble of providing a mic and a controller that doesnt REQUIRE BATTERIES in the same package? If people are lucky, they may even get a free PS4 eye. But yeah, I'm guessing it will stay the same...

It is remaining free. PS+ is the only thing you would have to pay for.
And I don't even know how to respond to the rest of it. And b.tee.dubs, the camera
is coming included with the console.
02-28-2013, 08:38 PM #19
Keomo
Can’t trickshot me!
Originally posted by Chaz View Post
It is remaining free. PS+ is the only thing you would have to pay for.
And I don't even know how to respond to the rest of it. And b.tee.dubs, the camera
is coming included with the console.

Well go figure... lol a whole package? Now the only thing people need to go with that is a game.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo