02-23-2013, 02:45 PM #1
Default Avatar
Mewtwo
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Something I have been questioning since the Sony Event is will PSN start costing money on the PS4? Sony and the PS3 have built a very good customer relationship due to PSN being accessible for free for all users and this is a feature that has set theirselves apart from Microsoft and its Xbox. However, with Sony buying Gaikai for $380 million and giving users a world record cloud based gaming service do you think PSN will cost this time around? Would you still buy the PS4 if PSN started costing money or would you feel like Sony has turned its loyalty on users for extra money?

The following 2 users say thank you to Mewtwo for this useful post:

Immaculate., oOMW2Oo
03-26-2013, 04:50 AM #56
KeboPR
Haxor!
If they want to keep their costumers they would keep their service free.
03-26-2013, 07:00 PM #57
zlyguy
Keeper
If so, f2p online pc games is better than the upcoming ps4 then ...
03-26-2013, 07:20 PM #58
Neo_Angelo
Raiding Girls Panties
I also don't think sony will charge for online gaming because its a selling point, obviously you have to pay for Xbox online and people do not like that, i mean back in the day it was worth it as Xbox had dedicated servers and more of them than Ps3 however recently its been more down to the console being the server in most games online (Prime example is COD using a dedicated server on Xbox for COD4 but dumping it for later versions such as MW3 and BLOPS1 + 2).

I would be very hard pressed to see Sony start charging for online as its just another advantage over M$, in this day and ages, there isn't many differences between MS and Sony with regards to exclusivity anymore, as most games have jumped ship to the other console for more profits. Back in the Day PS3 had the Titans of Exclusive games such as Final Fantasy and DMC, now they are widely available on any platform. Again Xbox had Halo and Gears, but now Bungie is coming to Ps4 and Gears is rumoured to be joining after Gears 3/4 (whichever the newest Gears is).

The only thing that sets the consoles apart really now, is Spec and what services you can get on each one. At the moment Sony has the upper hand in my book.
03-26-2013, 08:57 PM #59
Ace Hood
Space Ninja
Originally posted by Mewtwo View Post
Something I have been questioning since the Sony Event is will PSN start costing money on the PS4? Sony and the PS3 have built a very good customer relationship due to PSN being accessible for free for all users and this is a feature that has set theirselves apart from Microsoft and its Xbox. However, with Sony buying Gaikai for $380 million and giving users a world record cloud based gaming service do you think PSN will cost this time around? Would you still buy the PS4 if PSN started costing money or would you feel like Sony has turned its loyalty on users for extra money?

Yes I would buy it, paying for online services means a better online experience, also, maybe some contracts with big gaming companies like releasing games a week early for PS4 customers or DLCS. I guess we'll just have to wait and find out what the PS4 will offer us Smile
03-27-2013, 08:38 AM #60
Default Avatar
al3zeef
I don't see it happening
04-03-2013, 10:13 PM #61
It would be stupid of Sony to go that route. They would probably lose a lot of online customers.
05-10-2013, 06:39 PM #62
i would absolutely hate it if Sony made us (the consumers) pay to go online on PSN Gasphgodwhy:, and i dont know what i would do if Sony made us pay Sad Awesome>
05-14-2013, 02:47 AM #63
Immaculate.
< ^ > < ^ >
Originally posted by Mewtwo View Post
Something I have been questioning since the Sony Event is will PSN start costing money on the PS4? Sony and the PS3 have built a very good customer relationship due to PSN being accessible for free for all users and this is a feature that has set theirselves apart from Microsoft and its Xbox. However, with Sony buying Gaikai for $380 million and giving users a world record cloud based gaming service do you think PSN will cost this time around? Would you still buy the PS4 if PSN started costing money or would you feel like Sony has turned its loyalty on users for extra money?

I hope this doesn't happen.. ever, nice thread bro! Happy
05-14-2013, 03:43 AM #64
Burgundy85
Little One
If it did cost, I wouldn't be too concerned; was never one of my deciding factors for PS3 over 360. But I do hope PS Plus continues in some way or form, I love that service.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo