Post: News/Request: New GT5 tools being created to mod/hybrid cars
02-13-2013, 11:11 PM #1
PounDJo0DoGz0r
Level 1 Trustworthy
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Check on GTPlanet, check on youtube
You can mod your GT5 save file to change the horsepower on the cars. I am dying to figure this out. Apparently it's done through hex with the GT5.0 file from your save (perhaps it has to be decrypted first) . I am going to begin experimenting now. If anyone gets on to something please share! And I will share any progress I make as well.
02-14-2013, 11:38 PM #11
Originally posted by Skyline View Post
Source?

Yea I'm gonna keep any eye out to see if there is any saves floating around of the modded Civic so I could compare the decrypted GT5.0 with a legit Civic and see what noticeable byte differences there are...

In the mean time I'm still working on analysing the GT5.0 file for bhp values and so on...

Nice work man, pm me your psn and I can send that civic to you. I'm trying to see if changing minimum/maximum ride height is possible.
02-15-2013, 12:58 AM #12
-Skyline
Anonymous
I've tried to copy over the exact amount of bytes of the Civic '97 EK "Civic From Hell" from one save file to another, but the only thing that happens is my garage disappears and nothing actually changes regarding the Civic on the new save file... so that blows my initial theory out of the water and it seems there is more to it than I thought...

If Transformers IS going to release his tool in the next 24 hours then it'll be useful, if not... well it's going to be more trial and error :|
02-15-2013, 12:26 PM #13
Originally posted by Skyline View Post
I've tried to copy over the exact amount of bytes of the Civic '97 EK "Civic From Hell" from one save file to another, but the only thing that happens is my garage disappears and nothing actually changes regarding the Civic on the new save file... so that blows my initial theory out of the water and it seems there is more to it than I thought...

If Transformers IS going to release his tool in the next 24 hours then it'll be useful, if not... well it's going to be more trial and error :|

I'm more interested in working it out myself so I can edit other values such as pp/torque/weight/suspension min/max. I'm sure you could even do wheel swaps etc.
Last edited by Shanger ; 03-02-2013 at 02:37 PM.
02-15-2013, 03:01 PM #14
slim355
You talkin to me?
Originally posted by Shanger View Post
He said he'll only release it if it gets patched which isn't likely. I'm more interested in working it out myself so I can edit other values such as pp/torque/weight/suspension min/max. I'm sure you could even do wheel swaps etc.

Why don't you guys use Real-Time Memory editing to discover this stuff?
Also, each Car Body has a list of wheels it can have. If you change to a wheel it cannot have, it either soft-freezes the game or you have invisible wheels.
02-15-2013, 03:22 PM #15
Davey
PC Master Race
Y u not do it then :3 ^^
02-15-2013, 03:53 PM #16
slim355
You talkin to me?
Originally posted by Dee
Y u not do it then :3 ^^

Thanks for the idea.
02-15-2013, 04:00 PM #17
Davey
PC Master Race
Originally posted by slim355 View Post
Thanks for the idea.

if u can give me the Eboot i think i can do it :3
02-15-2013, 04:10 PM #18
slim355
You talkin to me?
Originally posted by Dee
if u can give me the Eboot i think i can do it :3

I corrupted the flash on my console :'(

You must login or register to view this content.
Last edited by slim355 ; 04-09-2013 at 07:39 PM.

The following 3 users say thank you to slim355 for this useful post:

-Google-, -Skyline, Sheldon Cooper
02-15-2013, 04:14 PM #19
Davey
PC Master Race
Originally posted by slim355 View Post
I corrupted the flash on my console :'(
But not before documenting the save game procedure.
and extracting IDs of various parts into a Database

You must login or register to view this content.

Slim add DeeNot Happy or SadKeed on skype Smile

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo