Post: EA Spending $100 Million To Beat Call Of Duty With Battlefield 3
04-07-2011, 07:00 AM #1
TheBigRod
uh-may-zuh-zing
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); EA Spending $100 Million To Beat Call Of Duty With Battlefield 3[/u]
Source: You must login or register to view this content. | TheBigRod | April 6th, 2011

So we all know how EA & Activision have been butting heads to be the best first-person shooter out there. But did you know that EA is putting $100 million into making Battlefield 3 better than the Call of Duty franchise?

According to the You must login or register to view this content., EA CEO John Riccitiello announced this investment in New York. He said that it will positively beat down the HIGHLY anticipated Modern Warfare 3. If they're putting this much money into topping one of the best first-person shooters of all time, let's hope it's worth it.

In my opinion, I think a game that took over $100 million to make should be worth it. I mean, a lot of people love Battlefield, but even more people love Call of Duty. So it's going to be a tough match for EA.

So guys, Battlefield 3 or Modern Warfare 3 to be the best FPS of 2011?[/color][/font]

The following 5 users say thank you to TheBigRod for this useful post:

Beta-, Blackstorm, SilentFox757, Toon_Squad, ZachFean
04-30-2011, 01:56 PM #128
DarknessNova
Do a barrel roll!
cant afford both. getting BF3 and Dead Island ye yee
04-30-2011, 02:30 PM #129
H-Streety
Can’t trickshot me!
Getting BF3 instead of MW3, it just looks so good! :carling:
04-30-2011, 10:11 PM #130
eXoHaX
Haxor!
Gobblei am going to get both :fa:
05-01-2011, 06:06 PM #131
i dont really care, im just gonna buy both games and see which one bores me faster Happy
05-01-2011, 06:12 PM #132
x_Mercenary--
Climbing up the ladder
Even 500 Million will not be enough to beat MW3.. they should buy the makers from Call of duty series for battlefield thats the only way they can win this battle .. but for ''battlefield'' the battle is over already.
05-01-2011, 07:58 PM #133
jakeshl
Do a barrel roll!
the problem is that gamers need to se the call of duty logo on the box to buy it
05-02-2011, 12:09 AM #134
jizzmaster
Little One
100,000,000 that could pay off word war 2 LOL

The following user thanked jizzmaster for this useful post:

Romen_Xelkorta
05-02-2011, 12:50 PM #135
Romen_Xelkorta
Are you high?
Originally posted by MaJiCXx View Post
Eeeh I still COD will own them.The BC2 graphic engine was good but the controll and felling were horrible!

Actually, thats just because of the player animation, not the controls. You actually gota get used to it so, its different. But so you know, no Modern Warefare game will be the same like it ever was, the people who started modern warfare left and joined EA, i wonder if they helped in some way on this game, i know they said they were going to work on a cod killer, and this pushs 100mill so what could the odds be.

---------- Post added at 07:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:48 AM ----------

Originally posted by nawking View Post
Ea is bout to make a 100Mill game fail. it will problely be as big of a fail as the titanic. Go Iw! go Mw3!

Dont cheer for IW, the people in iw didnt even start MW, those people left and joined EA to make a cod killer. Its a very long story, and they hate activision.
05-02-2011, 01:10 PM #136
Romen_Xelkorta
Are you high?
Originally posted by RebeccaBlack View Post
Well , Modern Warfare Features Were dope , I highly think Modern Warfare 3 Will Top Battle field 3

atlest dont get too highly of your self, when the people who made modernwarfare arnt there anymore, they joined up with EA, its only a very little set of people, thats why its not just IW now.

---------- Post added at 07:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:53 AM ----------

IW isnt even a big part of it, the people who started MW left to join EA

---------- Post added at 07:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:55 AM ----------

Originally posted by x
Even 500 Million will not be enough to beat MW3.. they should buy the makers from Call of duty series for battlefield thats the only way they can win this battle .. but for ''battlefield'' the battle is over already.

already done in a way, the main creators of modern warfare 1 and 2 have joined EA, not only that.. the last words they mentioned i heared was they were going to make a cod killer to stomp on activision, but can activision rely on these 2 new groups to push that gap?

---------- Post added at 08:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:59 AM ----------

Originally posted by nawking View Post
yes EA failed hard with m.o.h. and there servers suck ass., the rights to the mordern warfare lie with Iw not sledge hammer,Third Raven software is being brough in for there stunning visual effect nothing more nothing less. any thing eles u care to get wrong?

MoH wasnt even a game they tried on, that was just a money maker, even its game cover was shit. Completely different people in EA.

---------- Post added at 08:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:01 AM ----------

Originally posted by KingEric2011 View Post
mw3 will be the biggest selling game ever when its released

no, if i would assume, BF3 would be its best selling battlefield game possibly, and MW3 may over sell MW2 in the first 24 hours, since MW2 is the number 1 entertainment product to sell most in the first 24 hours of release

---------- Post added at 08:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:07 AM ----------

Originally posted by Singlet View Post
Going to Fail Big Time, Nothing beats cod for sure. though im not quite sure now, becuase of the split up how the new creators are going to handle it. but i hopefully mw3 is boss overall, Cod is 10 years old.

BF is older i believe, they started before N64

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo