03-31-2014, 07:13 AM #1
CEO
Climbing up the ladder
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); I am feeling the need to change up consoles! :O I have ben an xbox user since day 1 and feel its not as good as it once was. What do you guys think? Should I change consoles? I am aware I posted this in the playstation forum and all answers will more than likely be biased, but whatever lemme know!
03-31-2014, 08:43 PM #20
whyyoumad
Bounty hunter
ive had the ps4 since launch day and i bought the xbox one titantfall bundle 2 weeks ago on the saturday and i sold it on the monday. my plan was to sell my ps4 and keep the xbox.

but after playing my ps4 i simply couldnt keep it.the size of it is stupid , its nearly the size of 2 ps4s stacked and its less powerfull and it has an external power supply so i dont understand why. the graphics on cod which is the only thing i play are not much better than the xbox 360s. i couldn't believe it was a next gen console. its all blurry and wavy at long distances. i didnt like the dashboard at all and with all the setting/options it has makes it complicated to setup.(audio/picture settings etc). you then have to spend even more money on the chat adapter or else you cant use your microphone.(i dont understand why they did this. they could of simply did what playstation did and set it so voice chat and game audio works via usb.) i didnt like the controller ethier. the xbox 360s controller was perfect but imo the xbox ones controller is not an upgrade. its to small for my hands and the bumpers are in a awkward position. you no longer press them with the tips of your fingers. you have to use the middle part of your fingers where the joints are. also the analog sticks hurt my thumbs. but im not saying its a bad controller.

I then spent the rest of the day slapping myself for wasting money on the xbox. it had only had 3 hours of game time played on it. i bought it from argos and they wouldnt allow refunds unless the console is faulty so i had to list it on ebay. and obviously i wasnt going to get what i paid for it on there. i then had to pay shipping fees and ebay/paypal fees. i basically paid £140 to play it for 3 hours because thats how much i lost.

the only positive thing i can say about is how exstremley fast it switches on when you have it in "instant power mode"

im not a fanboy or anything. the xbox 360 was my console last gen. but if your buying the xbox one over the ps4 then you mays well save your money and buy a xbox 360.
Last edited by whyyoumad ; 03-31-2014 at 08:51 PM.
03-31-2014, 09:54 PM #21
Mr Ruffers
Treasure hunter
ive got both and the xbox one i play alot more ...ps4 is a dead console at this time as is has no games
04-01-2014, 01:10 AM #22
Unlike the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3, most games that are developed for both Next-Gen consoles are now being natively developed for the PS4. This means that the majority of games that are coming out on both the Xbox One and the PS4 will run 1080p on the PS4 and only 720p on the Xbox One. That right there is enough for me to decide which console to get.

Plus Microsoft sucks dick. :troll:
04-01-2014, 06:03 AM #23
I honestly couldn't agree with you anymore on this statement. I don't see how they can even consider xbox one a next-gen console, it can't even run 1080p! Although I do agree that right now PS4 needs more games, majority of them blow atm
04-01-2014, 10:11 AM #24
Mr Ruffers
Treasure hunter
they both have the same gpu and cpu ...so there the same inside ..xbox one just put ram aside for some features ...ps4 just been overclocked but with no games and kids talking about xbox one 720p and ps4 1080p you cant tell the differents.. if graphic is your thing you need an ultra pc ..not a ps4 with no games..
Last edited by Mr Ruffers ; 04-01-2014 at 10:16 AM.
04-01-2014, 11:23 AM #25
xLew--
Former Staff
^^ sorry what?

i currently own 10+ games for ps4, you can tell the difference between 720p and 1080p.

dunno where you've gotten all them fact from tbh mate
04-01-2014, 11:41 AM #26
Mr Ruffers
Treasure hunter
Originally posted by xLew
^^ sorry what?

i currently own 10+ games for ps4, you can tell the difference between 720p and 1080p.

dunno where you've gotten all them fact from tbh mate

the PS4 and Xbox One, Microsoft and Sony both opted for a semi-custom AMD APU — a 28nm part fabricated by TSMC that features an 8-core Jaguar CPU, paired with a Radeon 7000-series GPU. We’ll discuss the GPU in the next section. As far as we know, the PS4 and Xbox One CPU is virtually identical, except the Xbox One is clocked at 1.75GHz, while the PS4 is at 1.6GHz.Beyond clock speeds and core counts, both GPUs are identical — they’re both based on the Graphics Core Next (GCN) architecture, and thus support OpenGL 4.3, OpenCL 1.2, and Direct3D 11.2. Another big difference between the two consoles is the available memory bandwidth — but we’ll discuss that in the next section. Details are fairly tenuous at this point, but we believe that the Xbox One — via Direct3D and GCN — will support AMD’s Mantle API. This gives developers lower-level access to the bare metal of the GPU, potentially improving performance. We don’t think the PS4 has access to the same resources. You must login or register to view this content.
Last edited by Mr Ruffers ; 04-01-2014 at 12:23 PM.
04-01-2014, 11:50 AM #27
Mr Ruffers
Treasure hunter
i know there alot of fan boys in this thread like i say ive got both because im a gamer ...and as a gamer the xbox one is better dr3 froza titanfalls ryse ....and ps4 one game infamous second son lool where all the launch titles gone
04-01-2014, 12:46 PM #28
xLew--
Former Staff
And you don't call yourself a fan boy.. I LOL'd..

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo