01-12-2011, 01:51 PM #1
CLM
[b]They say sorry Mr. West is..[/b]
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});
Sony Can Completely Disable Your PS3

You must login or register to view this content.

Sony is doing everything in their power to prevent piracy on the PS3. They already said that they would "fix the issues through network updates". They've even sued Geohot and Fail0verflow.

But now they may be aiming the ban hammer at psn users. After all, Sony has way more access to our PS3's then you think. Every time you turn on your PS3 a log gets sent to Sony. This can potentially show them any homebrew apps your running.

But just banning consoles isn't all, we've all known that for awhile. Now, Sony can completely disable your console if they wanted to so, whether you’re online or offline, you PS3 will remain completely nonfunctional.

If Sony can't fix this CFW expect a wave of bans to come. I'm not trying to scare you, just warning you.

Source: You must login or register to view this content.
Last edited by CLM ; 01-12-2011 at 01:54 PM.

The following 18 users say thank you to CLM for this useful post:

alioyo, B u X, b0snian, billionk, BooshMayne, DONT_H8_5150, Drake, Dylanireland, Febreze, forumjunkie, FoxkaZ, MBO, NanuGama, oAnXieTy, RedKnight, Refusing, TheRandomGuy128, xpotato
01-12-2011, 03:32 PM #20
lMoMenTuM
Right above itâ„¢
Originally posted by boss10000 View Post

what quote these a picture of me being number one on WAW zombies, but no quote about hacking, i ok with small hacks like COD4 coloured name or clan ags but people that use to get pirated games or custome fireware are just wronge, they need to be brought to justice (it illegal to pirate software, so it illegal to istall illegal software on a device illegaly altered or "hacked")

You never said that .. you just said

Originally posted by another user
also if you hacked your PS3 to cheat at a game, then you honestly deserve it.
01-12-2011, 03:40 PM #21
boss10000
Like A.....
Originally posted by lMoMenTuM View Post
You never said that .. you just said

i was trying to be balanced and not seem like a stuck up douche but i honestly NEVER have wanted to be able to have all the stuff that JTAG people have NEVER im ok with super small stuff e.g. coloured names but i do not see why on earth anyone would go "i hate this console / game so much that i will hack it so that i can ruin an entire company and hurt there sales" how would you like it if all you tried to do was bring out a quality product for the community for them to then go and complete disgrace it, what have sony ever done to deser that sort of thing. i hate microsoft for the XBOX 360 but i would never completely destroy there who console becaus of it.
01-12-2011, 03:41 PM #22
juddylovespizza
I'VE GOT JUNGLE FEVER
Originally posted by boss10000 View Post
one it is not hacked cause it was der reise day of release and before and on PS3 in 2008 before any hacks so explain how i hacked it then? Day Of Release there was not even a glitch on the map yet for petes sake

---------- Post added at 03:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:28 PM ----------

what quote these a picture of me being number one on WAW zombies, but no quote about hacking, i ok with small hacks like COD4 coloured name or clan ags but people that use to get pirated games or custome fireware are just wronge, they need to be brought to justice (it illegal to pirate software, so it illegal to istall illegal software on a device illegaly altered or "hacked")

Why are you even on this site then? If your against hacking and all?
01-12-2011, 03:44 PM #23
boss10000
Like A.....
Originally posted by juddylovespizza View Post

caus eim for discussing and chat about games, also i like to look up glitches but i have always hated hacks, never liked them, never will.
01-12-2011, 03:47 PM #24
Hurldoh
Kiss My Country Ass

LOL I think in the google results the first word is either hack, glitch, or exploit.

Gf boss.
01-12-2011, 03:47 PM #25
Seroiusly why post scaremongering things like this on here, they cannot legally even do that. Yes they can ban you from PSN, but brick your console? Simply NO only retards would believe this news.

lol. This isn't fear-mongering, it's called news. They legally can, it's their property.

The following user thanked RedKnight for this useful post:

Drake
01-12-2011, 04:19 PM #26
For the last time, I'm not saying this again lol, Sony WILL NOT "brick" your consoles. For them to make something you BOUGHT unusable would be against so many different policies. Yes they can ban your MAC address so you can never get online again and possible do a few other things but they would never brick one of their products.
01-12-2011, 04:32 PM #27
Well, I will go back to the OFW now.. lol..

I don't care if ppl says that they're not allowed to brick it, because I don't think Sony be kind with the banning if they first start..

Any way, even if the IP ban, Console ban or whatever, the PS3 is nothing to mw without multiplayer..
01-12-2011, 04:33 PM #28
juddylovespizza
I'VE GOT JUNGLE FEVER
Originally posted by RedKnight View Post
lol. This isn't fear-mongering, it's called news. They legally can, it's their property.

They can't brick your console. End of.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo