01-12-2011, 01:51 PM #1
CLM
[b]They say sorry Mr. West is..[/b]
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});
Sony Can Completely Disable Your PS3

You must login or register to view this content.

Sony is doing everything in their power to prevent piracy on the PS3. They already said that they would "fix the issues through network updates". They've even sued Geohot and Fail0verflow.

But now they may be aiming the ban hammer at psn users. After all, Sony has way more access to our PS3's then you think. Every time you turn on your PS3 a log gets sent to Sony. This can potentially show them any homebrew apps your running.

But just banning consoles isn't all, we've all known that for awhile. Now, Sony can completely disable your console if they wanted to so, whether you’re online or offline, you PS3 will remain completely nonfunctional.

If Sony can't fix this CFW expect a wave of bans to come. I'm not trying to scare you, just warning you.

Source: You must login or register to view this content.
Last edited by CLM ; 01-12-2011 at 01:54 PM.

The following 18 users say thank you to CLM for this useful post:

alioyo, B u X, b0snian, billionk, BooshMayne, DONT_H8_5150, Drake, Dylanireland, Febreze, forumjunkie, FoxkaZ, MBO, NanuGama, oAnXieTy, RedKnight, Refusing, TheRandomGuy128, xpotato
01-12-2011, 07:38 PM #56
malik-ramires
The German One
Its everytime the same...They say its illegal....They Ban some Random People 70% get scared and get to Original...If they Ban me i use my Other Ps3 lol
01-12-2011, 08:00 PM #57
ツSparky
Teddy <3
Originally posted by E0000B6FAF25838 View Post
When you buy anything electronic, you are buying the hardware and a license to use the software/firmware that comes with it. When you breach the ToC, Sony can revoke your license, and legally disable the software/firmware on your PS3. The only thing the consumer owns is the hardware.

They use to let you put your own os/applications but then they removed it. They cant change a contract.
01-12-2011, 08:29 PM #58
Originally posted by Owns View Post
Sony can't brick your console because you never broke the law by installing the CFW, and by installing homebrew. If they brick your console, that's against several laws and they WILL be sued for vandalism (It IS vandalism because once you purchase it, it is legally yours, and if they break it in ANY way you CAN sue them) and since about 20% of PSN users now have the CFW, sony can't afford to lose 20% of their customers AND have all of those customers sue them, they'd go completely bankrupt.

---------- Post added at 09:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:03 AM ----------

They CAN, but it IS illegal, you legally purchased and own that console, you have not broken any laws to obtain that console, and you have not broken any laws using that console, any damage they cause to that console maliciously is vandalism.

he's absolutely right. they cant ban u bacause you havent broken any laws (unless ur running pirated backups....or any cause im sure they wont care and still ban u). but if u put cfw on your system the only thing u could possible do is void the warranty. it's like them saying you cant take your system apart to replace the power supply if it burns out or they'll ban u.(i replaced mine) Smile
01-12-2011, 08:41 PM #59
bonbonbon
dead babies in a tree
Originally posted by SUPERIMIAINI View Post
SONY "BRICKING YOUR CONSOLE" is a catch 22, meaning legally THEY CAN'T BRICK IT because you own the hardware however SONY owns the rights AND THE RIGHT to revoke you privilege to there SOFTWARE i.e. FIRMWARE due to the fact that the PS3 can't run w/out it ehhh like I said catch 22. With that said I DOUBT, SERIOUSLY SONY would start bricking consoles all over the world as that would only SELL MORE XBOX'S...LOL plus this could only open the door for a CLASS ACTION Lawsuit against them and while SONY might win I'm sure they don't want to spend that amount of money on legal fees.

i lol'd @ selling xboxes, thats true as pie man sony cant afford to brcik the ps3's that have cfw, they can only ban people. end of story
01-12-2011, 08:41 PM #60
Skytown420
Maggbot timeout!
All I have to say is if they disable my PS3, I'm buying a 360 and never looking back...
01-12-2011, 08:52 PM #61
Poor Sony devs they must be getting chewed out
:bro:

What's the next treasure trove to be discovered! Yarrr!
01-12-2011, 08:57 PM #62
Kristian32
Save Point
pff.. will i get banned for using cl?.. and also got cfw installed.-Eek
01-12-2011, 09:31 PM #63
BooshMayne
oɹq ʎɹoʇs ןןıɥɔ
This is why I have bith a PS3 and an XBOX. If they even get colse to bricking me I will just throw it out and never look back. I think anyone can follow me on that.
01-12-2011, 09:32 PM #64
Boloman1589
Save Point
I think sony gain more money with jailbreaks, because alot of people buy PSN cards to be in challenges lobbies. :bro:

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo