01-12-2011, 01:51 PM #1
CLM
[b]They say sorry Mr. West is..[/b]
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});
Sony Can Completely Disable Your PS3

You must login or register to view this content.

Sony is doing everything in their power to prevent piracy on the PS3. They already said that they would "fix the issues through network updates". They've even sued Geohot and Fail0verflow.

But now they may be aiming the ban hammer at psn users. After all, Sony has way more access to our PS3's then you think. Every time you turn on your PS3 a log gets sent to Sony. This can potentially show them any homebrew apps your running.

But just banning consoles isn't all, we've all known that for awhile. Now, Sony can completely disable your console if they wanted to so, whether you’re online or offline, you PS3 will remain completely nonfunctional.

If Sony can't fix this CFW expect a wave of bans to come. I'm not trying to scare you, just warning you.

Source: You must login or register to view this content.
Last edited by CLM ; 01-12-2011 at 01:54 PM.

The following 18 users say thank you to CLM for this useful post:

alioyo, B u X, b0snian, billionk, BooshMayne, DONT_H8_5150, Drake, Dylanireland, Febreze, forumjunkie, FoxkaZ, MBO, NanuGama, oAnXieTy, RedKnight, Refusing, TheRandomGuy128, xpotato
01-12-2011, 06:31 PM #47
if Sony cant, why can Microsoft ban Xbox 360's? Like, permanently ban the thing from going online, and then, with that ban, ban xbox live accounts? a few years back when i got my first Xbox (like my first game console ever, i was like 9) i Jtagged my Xenon Xbox 360. I only did this so that i could have access to root files, etc (kinda like a ps3 on the ftp server), and somehow, although nobody knows exactly HOW, Microsoft banned EVERY xbox that was jtagged or flashed in one sweep. so, like i said before. how come sony can't, but Microsoft can?
and i do have a ps3, so i would like a CORRECT explanation.

---------- Post added at 01:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:29 PM ----------

anyhow guys, even if they "IP ban" you, you can just restart your router and boom, you have access again. every time your restart your router (or modem, whatever) you get a new IP. IP banning is so 1990's.
01-12-2011, 06:33 PM #48
WaZoO
† Nipples+GFX= LIFE †
I can't see how it is legal to just make your PS3 un-functional. I don't think Sony has the rights and privileges to do that.
I am just glad I has an xbox xD.
01-12-2011, 06:35 PM #49
JP
Israeli/Palestinian Unity
They'd only do this as a last resort.
01-12-2011, 06:36 PM #50
M40A3
M40A3 OG
Sony are too nice to do something like that lol Happy
01-12-2011, 06:44 PM #51
can we be banned for ps3 now need a answer on yes or no because i am scary to be banned

i delete all what installe on the cfw then i have installe back my 3.55 orginal can this be good or not

plz tell me the good news
01-12-2011, 06:56 PM #52
Have there been any cases of people being ip or console banned yet? Please pm me. :bro:
01-12-2011, 06:59 PM #53
Superman.
Is it a bird? ... Is it a plane?
this is making me think twice about chiping my ps3 :/

The following user thanked Superman. for this useful post:

daley174
01-12-2011, 07:05 PM #54
Sony should just understand that they made mistakes when they made the console and now people no about those mistakes and are using them to their advantage, and if everybody new what to do then every psn user would do it, its sonys own fault!
01-12-2011, 07:32 PM #55
mklee
Pokemon Trainer
i dont think tbh that sony will start bacicly destroying there consoles and loosing customes. the worst they will do is ban. also loades of people had been paying for jailbreaks to run homebrew so why would they randomly start banning people now? they will probs release a new software so that you loses the cfw. is it illegal to run cfw or is it just illegal to use cfw to get free stuff? quote me plz.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo