01-12-2011, 01:51 PM #1
CLM
[b]They say sorry Mr. West is..[/b]
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});
Sony Can Completely Disable Your PS3

You must login or register to view this content.

Sony is doing everything in their power to prevent piracy on the PS3. They already said that they would "fix the issues through network updates". They've even sued Geohot and Fail0verflow.

But now they may be aiming the ban hammer at psn users. After all, Sony has way more access to our PS3's then you think. Every time you turn on your PS3 a log gets sent to Sony. This can potentially show them any homebrew apps your running.

But just banning consoles isn't all, we've all known that for awhile. Now, Sony can completely disable your console if they wanted to so, whether you’re online or offline, you PS3 will remain completely nonfunctional.

If Sony can't fix this CFW expect a wave of bans to come. I'm not trying to scare you, just warning you.

Source: You must login or register to view this content.
Last edited by CLM ; 01-12-2011 at 01:54 PM.

The following 18 users say thank you to CLM for this useful post:

alioyo, B u X, b0snian, billionk, BooshMayne, DONT_H8_5150, Drake, Dylanireland, Febreze, forumjunkie, FoxkaZ, MBO, NanuGama, oAnXieTy, RedKnight, Refusing, TheRandomGuy128, xpotato
01-12-2011, 05:32 PM #38
Originally posted by xCamoLegend View Post
Have a look around the PS3 Exploits and Hacks Section numerous threads on how to Happy

Not the answer I was looking for :L
01-12-2011, 05:39 PM #39
Won't they lose a lot of money if they do this?
01-12-2011, 05:47 PM #40
Default Avatar
marocmo
You may own the console but Sony owns PSN. They can revoke that privellage without any complaint as microsoft have done to the xbox. I doubt they will ever brick your console but a permanent PSN ban on your console is very likely. They have so far taken a very laid back approach to EU (not the hackers) so expect a firmware update first then a ban wave.
01-12-2011, 05:49 PM #41
Originally posted by Monkey View Post
It is against the law to install a jailbreak.(

Let me just point you to this legal document right here that says that it is LEGAL to jailbreak. You must login or register to view this content.
01-12-2011, 06:06 PM #42
Martin710
Fallout: New Vegas
But why are they doing this? Does anyone remember when the PSP was exploited properly console sales shot through the roof because people ran to the shops to buy one to play homebrew? Its not necessarily bad for them
01-12-2011, 06:16 PM #43
whats cfw? how do i know that my ps3 doesn't have it so i dont get banned for doing **** all?
01-12-2011, 06:21 PM #44
juddylovespizza
I'VE GOT JUNGLE FEVER
Originally posted by FlyingIrishMan View Post
The Terms and Conditions have not been updated since June 2010.
So before all this hacking started, the terms and conditions prohibited this. You should have read it instead of clicking "Accept"
straight away.

Good Luck to anyone who did hack it, Sony can, will, and IS allowed to do this.[/COLOR]
You must login or register to view this content.

Yes and where does that say "We have the right to brick your console and render it useless". Yeah thought so it doesn't. What you sign up to on PSN is valid for that online they can only ban you from the service and that is all.
01-12-2011, 06:24 PM #45
It would be, if it were true Winky Winky. No point continuing this argument since you have no idea what you're talking about and neither do I, to a technological extent although in general knowledge and in a business sense? Yes, I do.
01-12-2011, 06:25 PM #46
InSaNe-xPWEEx
a.k.a. PWEE21
Originally posted by juddylovespizza View Post
Yes and where does that say "We have the right to brick your console and render it useless". Yeah thought so it doesn't. What you sign up to on PSN is valid for that online they can only ban you from the service and that is all.

have people been banned for the cfw or just using the homebrews? cause im still on my cfw not not using homebrews at the moment since everyone saying that sony can see that we are using homebrew apps.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo