06-19-2011, 07:20 AM #1
Saint Jimmy
And don't wear it out.
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Well, as I'm sure some of you have noticed, the Wii section doesn't get nearly as much attention as the PS3 and Xbox 360 sections. It seems like people believe that for some reason, the PS3 and Xbox 360 are better than the Wii.

Haha. Please :P

Let's remind ourselves that while the Wii may be different, that doesn't make it any worse. In fact, I can think of some pretty good reasons why the Wii could be considered better than the other consoles.

1) It's a lot cheaper.
2) It's completely backwards compatible.
3) It has games that you actually enjoy playing.
4) It's a family console.
5) The 10-year-olds playing multiplayer with you don't have microphones.
6) "Wii" is more fun to say. Try it.
7) Compatible with four different controllers.
Cool Man (aka Tustin) Wii started the whole "moving controller" craze.
9) They're super light, small, etc.
10) Friend Codes: No need to spend hours trying to think of a good screen name.
11) An online service that is free and isn't down for month-long-periods.
12) It's super easy to hack, enabling free games.
13) And, finally... Mario :fyea:

Anyways, those are just some of the reasons off the top of my head. I'm sure you can do better? Smile

And just because you disagree doesn't mean you need to spend a good 15 minutes typing up counter examples for each one. Go make useful posts elsewhere :p
Last edited by Saint Jimmy ; 06-19-2011 at 10:18 PM.

The following 20 users say thank you to Saint Jimmy for this useful post:

ajbinky, Ayanami, Callum., CBot, Classy., Clive, CristinaRawr, Eminem., Invalld, method1278, NeglectFate, TornadoCreator, UnoDeluxe, User Not Found, wite_guy, xInfiniteX, xMo, xShOtz, Xx_^^69^^_xX, ZeroK

The following 20 users groaned at Saint Jimmy for this awful post:

.JiampyPotter, Anthony, badiban, Boris Johnson, FlyingIrishMan, Girby2K11, gopher517, I_Own_3m_AL1_I, iNK Shot, JKLAZ, lilnatsfan44, Madison Taylor, Modus, Mr__Shalemari, Nummpty, ShottinG STarzz, streamwood, Superdry▪, x420XP
06-19-2011, 10:21 PM #20
Saint Jimmy
And don't wear it out.
Originally posted by Clutch
//Hunter rant here

I could go through and pick apart those counter examples, but I don't have that much free time right now, but anyways, out of curiosity:

You seem to not like the Wii very much. Why are you even in this forum? Happy

---------- Post added at 03:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:18 PM ----------

Originally posted by TairyHesticles View Post
Graphics are absolute sh*t though. Such as Wii sports, in baseball the Defense has no legs. They're floating, and magically run with no legs.

If we're factoring realism into all of this...

On the PS3, I just placed a pack of C4 a foot behind somebody in Black Ops, and they didn't die because they were using Flak Jacket.
But OK, Wii is the only unrealistic console :p

And the defense not having any legs has nothing to do with low quality graphics. That was a choice by the game designers.

The following user thanked Saint Jimmy for this useful post:

Astro Zombie

The following user groaned Saint Jimmy for this awful post:

FlyingIrishMan
06-19-2011, 10:23 PM #21
Originally posted by Saint
I could go through and pick apart those counter examples, but I don't have that much free time right now, but anyways, out of curiosity:

Because from the main page I saw the thread title and couldn't help but intervene Happy

Plus, everyone who I've ever known(bar 1, and he's an idiot, literally) who owns a Wii never uses it anymore. So I was just curious how you came to the conclusion that the Wii is the best console... and now I know how, bad logic :dumb: hehe

---------- Post added at 11:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:22 PM ----------

---------- Post added at 03:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:18 PM ----------

If we're factoring realism into all of this...

On the PS3, I just placed a pack of C4 a foot behind somebody in Black Ops, and they didn't die because they were using Flak Jacket.
But OK, Wii is the only unrealistic console :p

And the defense not having any legs has nothing to do with low quality graphics. That was a choice by the game designers.

A choice they made because the Wii is so low-res with so little power that it was either that or have them walking on large lego-like bricks. Give in dude, it bloody sucks.
06-19-2011, 10:24 PM #22
Saint Jimmy
And don't wear it out.
Because from the main page I saw the thread title and couldn't help but intervene Happy

Plus, everyone who I've ever known(bar 1, and he's an idiot, literally) who owns a Wii never uses it anymore. So I was just curious how you came to the conclusion that the Wii is the best console... and now I know how, bad logic :dumb: hehe

Lol @ inability to not intervene Happy

I never said I personally thought it was the best console (I guess you're assuming that because you, too, have bad logic :dumb: hehe), I'm just pointing out that it's not nearly as awful as some people here believe it is Smile

I own a Wii, and I still use it. Probably do more than my PS3.
06-19-2011, 10:26 PM #23
Lol @ inability to not intervene Happy

I never said I personally thought it was the best console (I guess you're assuming that because you, too, have bad logic :dumb: hehe), I'm just pointing out that it's not nearly as awful as some people here believe it is Smile

I own a Wii, and I still use it. Probably do more than my PS3.

The list of reasons it sucks is endless. That's not even logic, that's just common sense. Give in :yuno:
06-19-2011, 10:30 PM #24
Saint Jimmy
And don't wear it out.

---------- Post added at 11:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:22 PM ----------

A choice they made because the Wii is so low-res with so little power that it was either that or have them walking on large lego-like bricks. Give in dude, it bloody sucks.

Actually, simple games like Wii Sports don't use much of the Wii's power at all.

No, the developers simply decided to go for a more cartoon/fun look, so that players would know that this was a game to enjoy playing, instead of taking it too seriously and ending up not having a good gaming experience at all.

---------- Post added at 03:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:29 PM ----------

The list of reasons it sucks is endless. That's not even logic, that's just common sense. Give in :yuno:

This conversation is clearly not working, we're replying to each other while the other person types up their reply :FU:
06-19-2011, 10:35 PM #25
Actually, simple games like Wii Sports don't use much of the Wii's power at all.

No, the developers simply decided to go for a more cartoon/fun look, so that players would know that this was a game to enjoy playing, instead of taking it too seriously and ending up not having a good gaming experience at all.

Gaming is gaming, there are merely sub-genres of gaming. Wii Sports falls into the arcade category for it's simplicity, whereas more realistic games like FIFA fall into the actual sports category :carling:

Quit trying bro, your arguments are horrendous. If you really enjoy old, simplistic-looking games w/ no depth just go play on an N64 or something, at least on there you don't have to flail your arms around like an idiot Happy

Originally posted by another user
This conversation is clearly not working, we're replying to each other while the other person types up their reply :FU:

LOL. True, but I was just eating some plum tomatoes so you got a small lead on me there Awesome face
06-19-2011, 10:36 PM #26
Stansy
Who is Stansy?
I'd rather spend some time thinking of a nice gamertag than fiddling around with those damned friend codes Happy

The following user thanked Stansy for this useful post:

Saint Jimmy
06-19-2011, 10:40 PM #27
Saint Jimmy
And don't wear it out.
Gaming is gaming, there are merely sub-genres of gaming. Wii Sports falls into the arcade category for it's simplicity, whereas more realistic games like FIFA fall into the actual sports category :carling:

Quit trying bro, your arguments are horrendous. If you really enjoy old, simplistic-looking games w/ no depth just go play on an N64 or something, at least on there you don't have to flail your arms around like an idiot Happy

LOL. True, but I was just eating some plum tomatoes so you got a small lead on me there Awesome face

Lol. And at least I have arguments, you're posts are just repeatedly saying that I have none :P
06-19-2011, 11:09 PM #28
Lol. And at least I have arguments, you're posts are just repeatedly saying that I have none :P

Right, except the way I countered every single one of your "arguments" in the OP bar 1 Winky Winky

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo