11-23-2012, 05:12 PM #1
slim355
You talkin to me?
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); The Problem
This fix is for those that get "Server Unavailable" on all their accounts,
Primary, Secondary & brand new accounts, while playing legit copies of blops 2 on OFW.

The Reason

• Blops 2 is checking for improperly signed Software & possibly patches that don't match their sha1 hash
  • This appears to be what was blocking me from the servers & giving me a cooldown period of 48-72 hours before I could next download the hotfix for 5 minutes before endless "Server Unavailable"

The Fix

1. (Tested) Simply put in a blank HDD/ Format your HDD
  2. (Tested) You must delete all homebrew & possibly modified patches

Notes

• You will probably need to wait until the end of your latest ban/cooldown (I had to wait 2 days)
  • You must login or register to view this content. may work for those of you playing backups, though I don't recommend it due to console bans etc.
  • Your Primary Account might never get back online.
  • Regarding Fix #2: You may only need to delete homebrew installed on the XMB (Multiman, Awesome File Manager, Blackbox FTP etc etc)

tl;dr

So I have been getting the
"Error Server Unavailable" since launch. :|

Haven't got into a game for more than maybe 2 minutes.
Having the hotfix for 5 minutes total each time & receiving a cooldown period whereby I cannot download the hotfix again for 48-72 hours, on all my accounts. New, Old, Primary or Secondary.

After seeing this post on callofduty.com by a moderator.

Originally posted by https

Mandatory Information to Include

- What type of PS3 do you have.

- Any user modifications to your console.

- When and where does this happen.

- What region you are in + Blu-Ray Code

• I remembered that I have things like "awesome file manager" & modified mw2 patches on the ps3 from previous data transfers.
  • I guessed that Black Ops 2 was scanning the HDD for improperly signed Software.
  • (You can actually check this on DEX firmware)
  • It is also possible that Blops 2 is checking the sha1sum of patches on your console.
  • You can see the HDD light flashing when you attempt to connect to Blops2 MP servers.
  • If modified/corrupt software or patches are installed you are blocked from the server.

So, I popped a blank HDD in the ps3 2 days ago & it would not connect,
It also would not connect yesterday, but now today I have played for 3 hours non-stop.
Changing between zombies & MP downloading the hotfix Multiple times.
Last edited by slim355 ; 11-30-2012 at 10:52 PM.

The following 10 users say thank you to slim355 for this useful post:

.BrainzModding, Baby-panama, DeezShinyNutz, DEXMoDzFTW, eddine67, Meatwad, theRealMotegi, TONEY777, undergroundhavn, Zwiik
11-23-2012, 05:23 PM #2
imViQz
I am error
Me i can go online after 1 week

The following user thanked imViQz for this useful post:

KaReM-D
11-23-2012, 05:27 PM #3
Richtofen
Ze Doctor
my ps3 has several homebrew installed, and a couple W@W patches. i can connect fine on one of my accounts on that ps3, but my two mains don't work. This "fix" won't work.
11-23-2012, 05:29 PM #4
slim355
You talkin to me?
You're problem is different to mine,
Mine was Server Unavailable at all times. No matter if it was a Primary, Secondary, New or Old Account.

The following 3 users say thank you to slim355 for this useful post:

LightModz, Snake Eyes, theRealMotegi
11-23-2012, 05:30 PM #5
Meatwad
Meatman
Well this might be true because my console that can't connect had stuff like multiman still installed on it for some reason. But I don't plan on deleting my modified patches, so anyone else want to test this? I also have a corrupt software that I just can't get rid of...

The following user thanked Meatwad for this useful post:

slim355
11-23-2012, 05:31 PM #6
Default Avatar
Sox
Originally posted by slim355 View Post
Summarised

• Blops 2 is checking for improperly signed Software & patches that don't match their sha1 hash
  • This appears to be what was blocking me from the servers & giving me a cooldown period of 48-72 hours before I could next download the hotfix for 5 minutes before endless "Server Unavailable"

The Fix

1. (Tested) Simply put in a blank HDD
  2. (Untested) You must delete all homebrew & modified patches
  3. Note: You will probably need to wait until the end of your latest ban/cooldown (I had to wait 2 days)

tl;dr

So I have been getting the
"Error Server Unavailable" since launch. :|

Haven't got into a game for more than maybe 2 minutes.
Having the hotfix for 5 minutes total each time & receiving a cooldown period whereby I cannot download the hotfix again for 48-72 hours, on all my accounts. New, Old, Primary or Secondary.

After seeing this post on callofduty.com by a moderator.

• I remembered that I have things like "awesome file manager" & modified mw2 patches on the ps3 from previous data transfers.
  • I guessed that Black Ops 2 was scanning the HDD for improperly signed Software.
  • (You can actually check this on DEX firmware)
  • It is also possible that Blops 2 is checking the sha1sum of patches on your console.
  • You can see the HDD light flashing when you attempt to connect to Blops2 MP servers.
  • If modified/corrupt software or patches are installed you are blocked from the server.

So, I popped a blank HDD in the ps3 2 days ago & it would not connect,
It also would not connect yesterday, but now today I have played for 3 hours non-stop.
Changing between zombies & MP downloading the hotfix Multiple times.

I guess this makes sense, but I can play on a new account fine, just not on my main account. That's what doesn't make sense to me. You must login or register to view this content.

The following 3 users say thank you to Sox for this useful post:

annern, iiReFuZee, Im Your Upgrade
11-23-2012, 05:35 PM #7
Meatwad
Meatman
Originally posted by another user
I guess this makes sense, but I can play on a new account fine, just not on my main account. That's what doesn't make sense to me. You must login or register to view this content.

Have you actually disconnected from online play since you've been using that account? Because temporarily I can sometimes get an new account to connect on my console that can't connect and as soon as I quit the game and try again, it no longer works.
11-23-2012, 05:39 PM #8
Default Avatar
Sox
Originally posted by Meatwad View Post
Have you actually disconnected from online play since you've been using that account? Because temporarily I can sometimes get an new account to connect on my console that can't connect and as soon as I quit the game and try again, it no longer works.

I'm talking about my main account, just to let you know. I played it from the backup before release, it let me play fine. Then I got the server error and now I can't connect on it anymore. I can play on other accounts fine on another PS3. I'm getting a new PS3 soon and I'm going to try this before I put anything on the PS3, I figure it's worth a shit. Happy
11-23-2012, 05:42 PM #9
slim355
You talkin to me?
Originally posted by Meatwad View Post

I've signed out & turned off the console a few times,
and I just tried it again. Still downloading the hotfix and entering games quickly.

I can't believe this. 10 days trying to connect..

Hopefully a few people can confirm this working,
though it may take a while considering the 48-72 hour cooldown/ban.

Originally posted by TrophyLord66 View Post
Good Job dude, have fun online now Smile

Thanks, hopefully this is actually a fix & I'm not experiancing some fluke.

Though Ive been downloading the hotfixes & playing for near 4 hours now.
Previously only connected 4 times for less than 2 minutes.
11-23-2012, 05:43 PM #10
Meatwad
Meatman
Originally posted by another user
I'm talking about my main account, just to let you know. I played it from the backup before release, it let me play fine. Then I got the server error and now I can't connect on it anymore. I can play on other accounts fine on another PS3. I'm getting a new PS3 soon and I'm going to try this before I put anything on the PS3, I figure it's worth a shit. Happy

Yeah my dad's at Best Buy and decided to buy me a new PS3 so I can try that and play with him. I guess it'll work but it's complete BS that this is happening to us. I mean nowhere in there TOS or w/e it's called did it say it may check for unsigned software and temporarily ban you. If that's not the case, what else could it be?

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo