11-23-2012, 05:12 PM #1
slim355
You talkin to me?
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); The Problem
This fix is for those that get "Server Unavailable" on all their accounts,
Primary, Secondary & brand new accounts, while playing legit copies of blops 2 on OFW.

The Reason

• Blops 2 is checking for improperly signed Software & possibly patches that don't match their sha1 hash
  • This appears to be what was blocking me from the servers & giving me a cooldown period of 48-72 hours before I could next download the hotfix for 5 minutes before endless "Server Unavailable"

The Fix

1. (Tested) Simply put in a blank HDD/ Format your HDD
  2. (Tested) You must delete all homebrew & possibly modified patches

Notes

• You will probably need to wait until the end of your latest ban/cooldown (I had to wait 2 days)
  • You must login or register to view this content. may work for those of you playing backups, though I don't recommend it due to console bans etc.
  • Your Primary Account might never get back online.
  • Regarding Fix #2: You may only need to delete homebrew installed on the XMB (Multiman, Awesome File Manager, Blackbox FTP etc etc)

tl;dr

So I have been getting the
"Error Server Unavailable" since launch. :|

Haven't got into a game for more than maybe 2 minutes.
Having the hotfix for 5 minutes total each time & receiving a cooldown period whereby I cannot download the hotfix again for 48-72 hours, on all my accounts. New, Old, Primary or Secondary.

After seeing this post on callofduty.com by a moderator.

Originally posted by https

Mandatory Information to Include

- What type of PS3 do you have.

- Any user modifications to your console.

- When and where does this happen.

- What region you are in + Blu-Ray Code

• I remembered that I have things like "awesome file manager" & modified mw2 patches on the ps3 from previous data transfers.
  • I guessed that Black Ops 2 was scanning the HDD for improperly signed Software.
  • (You can actually check this on DEX firmware)
  • It is also possible that Blops 2 is checking the sha1sum of patches on your console.
  • You can see the HDD light flashing when you attempt to connect to Blops2 MP servers.
  • If modified/corrupt software or patches are installed you are blocked from the server.

So, I popped a blank HDD in the ps3 2 days ago & it would not connect,
It also would not connect yesterday, but now today I have played for 3 hours non-stop.
Changing between zombies & MP downloading the hotfix Multiple times.
Last edited by slim355 ; 11-30-2012 at 10:52 PM.

The following 10 users say thank you to slim355 for this useful post:

.BrainzModding, Baby-panama, DeezShinyNutz, DEXMoDzFTW, eddine67, Meatwad, theRealMotegi, TONEY777, undergroundhavn, Zwiik
11-23-2012, 08:46 PM #20
spudeeelad
I defeated!
Originally posted by Meatwad View Post
Ok so I started from a clean PS3, updated to 4.31, and linked a completely new account. I loaded Blops 2 and went to play online and it connected to the servers all fine and dandy. However I tried connecting to the servers with accounts that are "banned" (meaning they don't connect to the servers on my PS3 that can't connect) and those didn't connect at all. I decided to try the new account again and it still connected. I will wait till Sunday and try my other accounts that are "banned" and see if after 2 days they can connect on a clean PS3. If they can this will hopefully shed some light on this issue.

So an entirely new ps3 with a whole new account works?
11-23-2012, 08:55 PM #21
Just to clarify I will need a new HDD or a full format on current HDD and update to OFW 4.31? Will this not work with CFW?
11-23-2012, 09:34 PM #22
Meatwad
Meatman
Originally posted by spudeeelad View Post
So an entirely new ps3 with a whole new account works?

Yup pretty much or just an account that wasn't used on a "banned" PS3 or w/e we're gonna call it.
11-23-2012, 10:48 PM #23
ansararif94
Save Point
What about for those whom have never had a CFW or jailbroken PS3 before? Are we still screwed?
11-23-2012, 10:59 PM #24
KINGMANI
アニメフリーク
Originally posted by slim355 View Post
Summarised

• Blops 2 is checking for improperly signed Software & patches that don't match their sha1 hash
  • This appears to be what was blocking me from the servers & giving me a cooldown period of 48-72 hours before I could next download the hotfix for 5 minutes before endless "Server Unavailable"

The Fix

1. (Tested) Simply put in a blank HDD/ Format your HDD
  2. (Untested) You must delete all homebrew & modified patches
  3. Note: You will probably need to wait until the end of your latest ban/cooldown (I had to wait 2 days)

tl;dr

So I have been getting the
"Error Server Unavailable" since launch. :|

Haven't got into a game for more than maybe 2 minutes.
Having the hotfix for 5 minutes total each time & receiving a cooldown period whereby I cannot download the hotfix again for 48-72 hours, on all my accounts. New, Old, Primary or Secondary.

After seeing this post on callofduty.com by a moderator.

• I remembered that I have things like "awesome file manager" & modified mw2 patches on the ps3 from previous data transfers.
  • I guessed that Black Ops 2 was scanning the HDD for improperly signed Software.
  • (You can actually check this on DEX firmware)
  • It is also possible that Blops 2 is checking the sha1sum of patches on your console.
  • You can see the HDD light flashing when you attempt to connect to Blops2 MP servers.
  • If modified/corrupt software or patches are installed you are blocked from the server.

So, I popped a blank HDD in the ps3 2 days ago & it would not connect,
It also would not connect yesterday, but now today I have played for 3 hours non-stop.
Changing between zombies & MP downloading the hotfix Multiple times.

So have put a clean new HDD in my PS3
Logged in, in my Main Account
And No Freeze but still the MOTHERFUCKING CRYING BITCH SERVER IS DOWN ERROR.

I think i gonna buy such a Mixer ^^
11-23-2012, 11:47 PM #25
new_egg_edd
Bounty hunter
This would actually make sense as to why i can play and have been able to for the last 3 days, because i also had custom mw2 patch/file manager from data transfer, and i formatted just as a last resort and then a couple of days or so later i could get on fine.
11-24-2012, 12:45 AM #26
The Rangers
At least I can fight
I have a modded cod 4 patch and I can't sign in with my other acounts but when i made a new one that works. So, this just shows it's from their end and nothing to do with cfw/homebrew etc. My mate can't play either and he has never hacked or anything....
11-24-2012, 01:36 AM #27
3HUNNA
Splicer
Originally posted by KINGMANI View Post
So have put a clean new HDD in my PS3
Logged in, in my Main Account
And No Freeze but still the MOTHERFUCKING CRYING BITCH SERVER IS DOWN ERROR.

I think i gonna buy such a Mixer ^^

Make a new account
11-24-2012, 03:37 AM #28
KINGMANI
アニメフリーク
Originally posted by ENT View Post
Make a new account

You must login or register to view this content.

I want my acc like everyone with this fucking error.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo