11-23-2012, 05:12 PM #1
slim355
You talkin to me?
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); The Problem
This fix is for those that get "Server Unavailable" on all their accounts,
Primary, Secondary & brand new accounts, while playing legit copies of blops 2 on OFW.

The Reason

• Blops 2 is checking for improperly signed Software & possibly patches that don't match their sha1 hash
  • This appears to be what was blocking me from the servers & giving me a cooldown period of 48-72 hours before I could next download the hotfix for 5 minutes before endless "Server Unavailable"

The Fix

1. (Tested) Simply put in a blank HDD/ Format your HDD
  2. (Tested) You must delete all homebrew & possibly modified patches

Notes

• You will probably need to wait until the end of your latest ban/cooldown (I had to wait 2 days)
  • You must login or register to view this content. may work for those of you playing backups, though I don't recommend it due to console bans etc.
  • Your Primary Account might never get back online.
  • Regarding Fix #2: You may only need to delete homebrew installed on the XMB (Multiman, Awesome File Manager, Blackbox FTP etc etc)

tl;dr

So I have been getting the
"Error Server Unavailable" since launch. :|

Haven't got into a game for more than maybe 2 minutes.
Having the hotfix for 5 minutes total each time & receiving a cooldown period whereby I cannot download the hotfix again for 48-72 hours, on all my accounts. New, Old, Primary or Secondary.

After seeing this post on callofduty.com by a moderator.

Originally posted by https

Mandatory Information to Include

- What type of PS3 do you have.

- Any user modifications to your console.

- When and where does this happen.

- What region you are in + Blu-Ray Code

• I remembered that I have things like "awesome file manager" & modified mw2 patches on the ps3 from previous data transfers.
  • I guessed that Black Ops 2 was scanning the HDD for improperly signed Software.
  • (You can actually check this on DEX firmware)
  • It is also possible that Blops 2 is checking the sha1sum of patches on your console.
  • You can see the HDD light flashing when you attempt to connect to Blops2 MP servers.
  • If modified/corrupt software or patches are installed you are blocked from the server.

So, I popped a blank HDD in the ps3 2 days ago & it would not connect,
It also would not connect yesterday, but now today I have played for 3 hours non-stop.
Changing between zombies & MP downloading the hotfix Multiple times.
Last edited by slim355 ; 11-30-2012 at 10:52 PM.

The following 10 users say thank you to slim355 for this useful post:

.BrainzModding, Baby-panama, DeezShinyNutz, DEXMoDzFTW, eddine67, Meatwad, theRealMotegi, TONEY777, undergroundhavn, Zwiik
11-28-2012, 08:32 AM #56
Snake Eyes
Maggbot timeout!
im gonna try deleting all stuff thats homebreww ect il;l reply back shortly if works Winky Winky
11-28-2012, 11:42 AM #57
gingking
I am error
Originally posted by AfXClanModding View Post
Could I Format my Harddrive Instead Of Getting A Blank One?

yes you can
11-28-2012, 01:06 PM #58
Im Your Upgrade
Vault dweller
ill try this now :fa: hope this work Happy i already deleted all patches that got data transfered when i got server banned
11-28-2012, 03:05 PM #59
Meatwad
Meatman
So it's been like 3 days since I tried to access the servers on one of my mains. Still couldn't access the servers. So I'll post back in another day and see if that makes a difference. Activision Support has still yet to reply to my ticket after almost 2 weeks.

The following user thanked Meatwad for this useful post:

slim355
11-28-2012, 03:19 PM #60
spudeeelad
I defeated!
Originally posted by Swifter View Post
Ahww... I was just about to PM you wondering if you could get online (with your primary) by any chance if this worked or if you returned or sold your copy.... Huh so you too ay :/ been well over 3+days i waited since last time i got "server not available" on my main account & Same, i backed up my data & quick formatted my HDD & but still can't connect "...try again later" *sigh*

upsetting/depressing it is a lil, other people taking online multiplayer for granted playing having fun/enjoying, also bastard kids boosting & xp or zombie modding/hosting & not getting banned... And but we can't even play online legit :( sad...

I wrote Activision an extensive email yesterday (5 pages) detailing every part of my investigation and how I have ruled out each element other than their servers as the cause of the problem.

I even included a trace route to show that the connection was undeniable bouncing at THEIR end, not Sony's end.

I then rang up and asked them if they had received my email (because they have ignored previous ones) and he was like 'oh, no we haven't, let me find it' and read it and was like ohhh.... I'll forward this straight on to the Devs who are looking at your case. But as always, whether he was bullshitting or not, I don't know

---------- Post added at 03:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:17 PM ----------

Originally posted by Meatwad View Post
Activision Support has still yet to reply to my ticket after almost 2 weeks.

As I just said in my last post, whenever you reply to them or anything, ring up and ask them to confirm receipt of it and then ask their thoughts on it so that they have no choice other than to read it. Otherwise you do get ignored.

The following 2 users say thank you to spudeeelad for this useful post:

slim355, Swifter
11-28-2012, 04:04 PM #61
LittleMidget16
Bass Fishing
i just talk to them last night and they told me that i was banned but i never played the game online at all. so i look at why they band people but non of them make any sense at all WTF. F*** You treyarch!!!
11-28-2012, 04:09 PM #62
slim355
You talkin to me?
Originally posted by Meatwad View Post
So it's been like 3 days since I tried to access the servers on one of my mains. Still couldn't access the servers. So I'll post back in another day and see if that makes a difference.

Dude my main account never started working again.
When I initially put in the blank HDD I had to wait 2 days for my secondary accounts & new accounts to start working (still working, non-stop since), my primary is clearly perma-banned, though it only says "server unavailable"

Originally posted by spudeeelad View Post
I wrote Activision an extensive email yesterday (5 pages) detailing every part of my investigation and how I have ruled out each element other than their servers as the cause of the problem.

Activision were very helpful until I outlined how the only problem could be on their end or with their software.

They have ignored me since and blocked me from messaging their facebook.
(I was never irate or anything like that)

I just asked them to address the "Server Unavailable" issue, I then gave a process of elimination as to how it was their fault.

All very fishy
Last edited by slim355 ; 11-28-2012 at 04:18 PM.
11-28-2012, 09:58 PM #63
spudeeelad
I defeated!
Originally posted by slim355 View Post

Activision were very helpful until I outlined how the only problem could be on their end or with their software.

They have ignored me since and blocked me from messaging their facebook.
(I was never irate or anything like that)

I just asked them to address the "Server Unavailable" issue, I then gave a process of elimination as to how it was their fault.

All very fishy

I have done the very same. But they are still replying to me, but seemingly only when I force them to by ringing up and asking them. I am also spamming them with emails twice a day, every day requesting updates and I am also messaging them on Facebook at the same time also requesting updates.

When they don't reply, I also email a different activision email address that I acquired from the internet and as soon as I email this other email address, I suddenly get a reply from the Call Centre people to my original emails.

The thing is, I am spamming them with calls, emails and on Facebook so much, that if they don't reply, then I have a HUGE amount of evidence for to provide to games magazines/reviewers, to the general press and to Watchdog, that it would get the game ALOT of negativity just before Christmas and with the game already having failed to meet expected sales levels in the UK and being the worst selling COD since World At War so far in the UK, that is the last thing they need!

The following user thanked spudeeelad for this useful post:

slim355
11-29-2012, 12:36 AM #64
People don be silly...I hand over my account to someone who has been online since launch and has not been able to access my account to the servers.

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo