11-23-2012, 05:12 PM #1
slim355
You talkin to me?
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); The Problem
This fix is for those that get "Server Unavailable" on all their accounts,
Primary, Secondary & brand new accounts, while playing legit copies of blops 2 on OFW.

The Reason

• Blops 2 is checking for improperly signed Software & possibly patches that don't match their sha1 hash
  • This appears to be what was blocking me from the servers & giving me a cooldown period of 48-72 hours before I could next download the hotfix for 5 minutes before endless "Server Unavailable"

The Fix

1. (Tested) Simply put in a blank HDD/ Format your HDD
  2. (Tested) You must delete all homebrew & possibly modified patches

Notes

• You will probably need to wait until the end of your latest ban/cooldown (I had to wait 2 days)
  • You must login or register to view this content. may work for those of you playing backups, though I don't recommend it due to console bans etc.
  • Your Primary Account might never get back online.
  • Regarding Fix #2: You may only need to delete homebrew installed on the XMB (Multiman, Awesome File Manager, Blackbox FTP etc etc)

tl;dr

So I have been getting the
"Error Server Unavailable" since launch. :|

Haven't got into a game for more than maybe 2 minutes.
Having the hotfix for 5 minutes total each time & receiving a cooldown period whereby I cannot download the hotfix again for 48-72 hours, on all my accounts. New, Old, Primary or Secondary.

After seeing this post on callofduty.com by a moderator.

Originally posted by https

Mandatory Information to Include

- What type of PS3 do you have.

- Any user modifications to your console.

- When and where does this happen.

- What region you are in + Blu-Ray Code

• I remembered that I have things like "awesome file manager" & modified mw2 patches on the ps3 from previous data transfers.
  • I guessed that Black Ops 2 was scanning the HDD for improperly signed Software.
  • (You can actually check this on DEX firmware)
  • It is also possible that Blops 2 is checking the sha1sum of patches on your console.
  • You can see the HDD light flashing when you attempt to connect to Blops2 MP servers.
  • If modified/corrupt software or patches are installed you are blocked from the server.

So, I popped a blank HDD in the ps3 2 days ago & it would not connect,
It also would not connect yesterday, but now today I have played for 3 hours non-stop.
Changing between zombies & MP downloading the hotfix Multiple times.
Last edited by slim355 ; 11-30-2012 at 10:52 PM.

The following 10 users say thank you to slim355 for this useful post:

.BrainzModding, Baby-panama, DeezShinyNutz, DEXMoDzFTW, eddine67, Meatwad, theRealMotegi, TONEY777, undergroundhavn, Zwiik
11-29-2012, 12:55 AM #65
Im Your Upgrade
Vault dweller
Originally posted by slim355 View Post
Dude my main account never started working again.
When I initially put in the blank HDD I had to wait 2 days for my secondary accounts & new accounts to start working (still working, non-stop since), my primary is clearly perma-banned, though it only says "server unavailable"

Activision were very helpful until I outlined how the only problem could be on their end or with their software.

They have ignored me since and blocked me from messaging their facebook.
(I was never irate or anything like that)

I just asked them to address the "Server Unavailable" issue, I then gave a process of elimination as to how it was their fault.

All very fishy

well what the fuck is the point of this if i cant get on my main account i could already get on my secondary accounts
11-29-2012, 01:07 AM #66
bad_carma
Usertitle?
do you think the hdd swap will work for rebug playing a back up?
11-29-2012, 01:28 AM #67
I deleted all homebrew, playing black ops 2 from internal, delete multiman and then play the game. Online works now thanks. no more server error.

Cheers

The following user thanked undergroundhavn for this useful post:

slim355
11-29-2012, 06:30 AM #68
slim355
You talkin to me?
Originally posted by imyourupgrade1 View Post
well what the fuck is the point of this if i cant get on my main account i could already get on my secondary accounts

I updated the OP yesterday, this fix is for those that get server error 24/7 on all their accounts.
It worked for me and seemingly a bunch of others.

Primary, Secondary & brand new accounts.

Some of us have had our primary account "banned" which sucks & there doesnt seem to be a workaround at the moment.

Originally posted by undergroundhavn View Post
I deleted all homebrew, playing black ops 2 from internal, delete multiman and then play the game. Online works now thanks. no more server error.

Cheers

Awesome, I was only concerned with people playing legit copies of the disc,
but good to know it worked for you.

More confirmation that blops 2 is simply scanning for 355 signed homebrew.

Originally posted by carma View Post
do you think the hdd swap will work for rebug playing a back up?

You could try what undergroundhavn said worked for him You must login or register to view this content.
Last edited by slim355 ; 11-29-2012 at 06:50 AM.
11-30-2012, 07:53 PM #69
Just made a new account and booted up Black ops 2 from external (select + X) then deleted multiman. After deleting multiman put a disk any disk in and boot up from that. I think the problem is with multiman because this is the longest ive played black ops 2 without the server error.

1. So basically delete all homebrew apps and delete any black ops 2 data.
2. Reboot
3. Copy a fresh copy of black ops 2 to usb and make the black ops 2 read only in properties
4. Install and open multiman and check that external and bd mirror is unchecked for black ops 2.
5. Boot black ops 2 via Select + X
6. Delete multiman.
7. Insert any disk
8. Boot black ops 2 via disk icon
9. Play a full game and quit game
10. Boot game again and enjoy playing Smile

The following user thanked SkullGang for this useful post:

slim355
11-30-2012, 09:41 PM #70
Nickm0117
Are you high?
Primary, Secondary & brand new accounts, while playing legit copies of blops 2 on OFW.

Summarised

• Blops 2 is checking for improperly signed Software & possibly patches that don't match their sha1 hash
  • This appears to be what was blocking me from the servers & giving me a cooldown period of 48-72 hours before I could next download the hotfix for 5 minutes before endless "Server Unavailable"

The Fix

1. (Tested) Simply put in a blank HDD/ Format your HDD
  2. (Tested) You must delete all homebrew & possibly modified patches

Notes

• You will probably need to wait until the end of your latest ban/cooldown (I had to wait 2 days)
  • You must login or register to view this content. may work for those of you playing backups, though I don't recommend it due to console bans etc.
  • Your Primary Account might never get back online.
  • Fix #2: You may only need to delete homebrew installed on the XMB (Multiman, Awesome File Manager, Blackbox FTP etc etc)

tl;dr

So I have been getting the
"Error Server Unavailable" since launch. :|

Haven't got into a game for more than maybe 2 minutes.
Having the hotfix for 5 minutes total each time & receiving a cooldown period whereby I cannot download the hotfix again for 48-72 hours, on all my accounts. New, Old, Primary or Secondary.

After seeing this post on callofduty.com by a moderator.

• I remembered that I have things like "awesome file manager" & modified mw2 patches on the ps3 from previous data transfers.
  • I guessed that Black Ops 2 was scanning the HDD for improperly signed Software.
  • (You can actually check this on DEX firmware)
  • It is also possible that Blops 2 is checking the sha1sum of patches on your console.
  • You can see the HDD light flashing when you attempt to connect to Blops2 MP servers.
  • If modified/corrupt software or patches are installed you are blocked from the server.

So, I popped a blank HDD in the ps3 2 days ago & it would not connect,
It also would not connect yesterday, but now today I have played for 3 hours non-stop.
Changing between zombies & MP downloading the hotfix Multiple times.

Sorry, but I feel your theory is wrong. If it is not is this not potential for a lawsuit? If I remember correctly there was no terms of use to agree to on this game. Even if there was it would be violating the first amendment. Just a point I thought I might point out. What are your thoughts on it?
11-30-2012, 10:45 PM #71
slim355
You talkin to me?
Originally posted by Nickm0117 View Post
Sorry, but I feel your theory is wrong. If it is not is this not potential for a lawsuit? If I remember correctly there was no terms of use to agree to on this game. Even if there was it would be violating the first amendment. Just a point I thought I might point out. What are your thoughts on it?

You could be correct, on it being unlawful.

Have a look through the thread, look @ the thanks on OP.

It appears a number of people have confirmed that for them too,
"improperly signed" homebrew was blocking them from access from the blops2 server.

That might explain why activision would flat out not address this issue & still will not address it for others.
12-02-2012, 06:28 PM #72
DeezShinyNutz
E3 Flashin'
Unfortunately this did not work for me. All my accounts, even new ones are banned. Fuck TreyArch!

---------- Post added at 01:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:34 AM ----------

I just made another account and so far am still online! Woooooot!

The following user thanked DeezShinyNutz for this useful post:

slim355
12-02-2012, 06:38 PM #73
slim355
You talkin to me?
Originally posted by DeezShinyNutz View Post
I just made another account and so far am still online! Woooooot!

Fawkin Sweet m8!!

Thanks for confirming Happy

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo