11-23-2012, 05:12 PM #1
slim355
You talkin to me?
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); The Problem
This fix is for those that get "Server Unavailable" on all their accounts,
Primary, Secondary & brand new accounts, while playing legit copies of blops 2 on OFW.

The Reason

• Blops 2 is checking for improperly signed Software & possibly patches that don't match their sha1 hash
  • This appears to be what was blocking me from the servers & giving me a cooldown period of 48-72 hours before I could next download the hotfix for 5 minutes before endless "Server Unavailable"

The Fix

1. (Tested) Simply put in a blank HDD/ Format your HDD
  2. (Tested) You must delete all homebrew & possibly modified patches

Notes

• You will probably need to wait until the end of your latest ban/cooldown (I had to wait 2 days)
  • You must login or register to view this content. may work for those of you playing backups, though I don't recommend it due to console bans etc.
  • Your Primary Account might never get back online.
  • Regarding Fix #2: You may only need to delete homebrew installed on the XMB (Multiman, Awesome File Manager, Blackbox FTP etc etc)

tl;dr

So I have been getting the
"Error Server Unavailable" since launch. :|

Haven't got into a game for more than maybe 2 minutes.
Having the hotfix for 5 minutes total each time & receiving a cooldown period whereby I cannot download the hotfix again for 48-72 hours, on all my accounts. New, Old, Primary or Secondary.

After seeing this post on callofduty.com by a moderator.

Originally posted by https

Mandatory Information to Include

- What type of PS3 do you have.

- Any user modifications to your console.

- When and where does this happen.

- What region you are in + Blu-Ray Code

• I remembered that I have things like "awesome file manager" & modified mw2 patches on the ps3 from previous data transfers.
  • I guessed that Black Ops 2 was scanning the HDD for improperly signed Software.
  • (You can actually check this on DEX firmware)
  • It is also possible that Blops 2 is checking the sha1sum of patches on your console.
  • You can see the HDD light flashing when you attempt to connect to Blops2 MP servers.
  • If modified/corrupt software or patches are installed you are blocked from the server.

So, I popped a blank HDD in the ps3 2 days ago & it would not connect,
It also would not connect yesterday, but now today I have played for 3 hours non-stop.
Changing between zombies & MP downloading the hotfix Multiple times.
Last edited by slim355 ; 11-30-2012 at 10:52 PM.

The following 10 users say thank you to slim355 for this useful post:

.BrainzModding, Baby-panama, DeezShinyNutz, DEXMoDzFTW, eddine67, Meatwad, theRealMotegi, TONEY777, undergroundhavn, Zwiik
11-24-2012, 04:12 AM #29
3HUNNA
Splicer
Originally posted by KINGMANI View Post
You must login or register to view this content.

I want my acc like everyone with this fucking error.

Well then how about waiting even longer? That sound nice to you?
11-24-2012, 06:01 AM #30
method1278
OLD SCHOOL IS COOL
Originally posted by slim355 View Post
Summarised

• Blops 2 is checking for improperly signed Software & patches that don't match their sha1 hash
  • This appears to be what was blocking me from the servers & giving me a cooldown period of 48-72 hours before I could next download the hotfix for 5 minutes before endless "Server Unavailable"

The Fix

1. (Tested) Simply put in a blank HDD/ Format your HDD
  2. (Untested) You must delete all homebrew & modified patches
  3. Note: You will probably need to wait until the end of your latest ban/cooldown (I had to wait 2 days)

tl;dr

So I have been getting the
"Error Server Unavailable" since launch. :|

Haven't got into a game for more than maybe 2 minutes.
Having the hotfix for 5 minutes total each time & receiving a cooldown period whereby I cannot download the hotfix again for 48-72 hours, on all my accounts. New, Old, Primary or Secondary.

After seeing this post on callofduty.com by a moderator.

• I remembered that I have things like "awesome file manager" & modified mw2 patches on the ps3 from previous data transfers.
  • I guessed that Black Ops 2 was scanning the HDD for improperly signed Software.
  • (You can actually check this on DEX firmware)
  • It is also possible that Blops 2 is checking the sha1sum of patches on your console.
  • You can see the HDD light flashing when you attempt to connect to Blops2 MP servers.
  • If modified/corrupt software or patches are installed you are blocked from the server.

So, I popped a blank HDD in the ps3 2 days ago & it would not connect,
It also would not connect yesterday, but now today I have played for 3 hours non-stop.
Changing between zombies & MP downloading the hotfix Multiple times.

thanks work 4 me but cant sign into main owell sub will do thanks
11-24-2012, 08:05 AM #31
0x00
Pokemon Trainer
What FW you guys on?

~Regards 0x00
11-24-2012, 08:46 AM #32
YooYoOoN
Do a barrel roll!
I dont think thats the case. since i made a new account and it worked fine for 5-6 hours then error.
Also. what about innocent people who never hacked something and got this BS error..
Well, one way or the other... if they dont fix this, i'm boycotting activision and cod overall. i couldnt care less about a sh*t/broken game. i'm going back to battlefield. where i can ACTUALLY play

The following 2 users say thank you to YooYoOoN for this useful post:

DeezShinyNutz, method1278
11-24-2012, 10:00 AM #33
spudeeelad
I defeated!
Originally posted by Meatwad View Post
Yup pretty much or just an account that wasn't used on a "banned" PS3 or w/e we're gonna call it.

Cheers. Try your main account on there in a couple of days, see what happens
11-24-2012, 10:12 AM #34
monkey3ller
Save Point
This works 100%. i deleted all my HDD content and hacking programs like openPS3ftp then deleted all my accounts that are on the left side on the ps3 menu EXCEPT for my main! rebooted my ps3, made a new account and it woked fine. no server errors. now i guess i gotta wait what? 48-72 hours?

The following user thanked monkey3ller for this useful post:

slim355
11-24-2012, 10:42 AM #35
spudeeelad
I defeated!
Originally posted by monkey3ller View Post
This works 100%. i deleted all my HDD content and hacking programs like openPS3ftp then deleted all my accounts that are on the left side on the ps3 menu EXCEPT for my main! rebooted my ps3, made a new account and it woked fine. no server errors. now i guess i gotta wait what? 48-72 hours?

I have a sneaking suspicion that this only worked because you hadn't already done the 'fix' where you delete the Black Ops 2 Game Data, create a new account and then use that one WITHOUT deleting homebrew apps. I am fairly certain that if you've already done this fix, wiping your HDD won't do anything.
11-24-2012, 12:00 PM #36
monkey3ller
Save Point
Originally posted by spudeeelad View Post
I have a sneaking suspicion that this only worked because you hadn't already done the 'fix' where you delete the Black Ops 2 Game Data, create a new account and then use that one WITHOUT deleting homebrew apps. I am fairly certain that if you've already done this fix, wiping your HDD won't do anything.

I had game saves with hacks/mods. It must have detected it and kicked me off.
11-24-2012, 12:36 PM #37
spudeeelad
I defeated!
Originally posted by monkey3ller View Post
I had game saves with hacks/mods. It must have detected it and kicked me off.

Those hacks were for black Ops 2, or another game? I have to admit, I am highly sceptical about any theory of Treyarch being able to check your entire PS3 for patches and scan other games. Even if they can, there is definitely some form of a breach of data protection acts and privacy laws if they are doing that.

The following user thanked spudeeelad for this useful post:

Swifter

Copyright © 2024, NextGenUpdate.
All Rights Reserved.

Gray NextGenUpdate Logo